Screwdriver meets windpipe.

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

CORPSE GRINDER

Screwdriver meets windpipe.

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

A scene in my film requires (or not...I can rewrite it) a man to be stabbed in the throat with a screwdriver. It's intended to be sort of a long and savage stabbing, one where the assailent really works at killing this guy...not just a "one blow and he's down". I don't want multiple blows to the neck. Just one one where he really drives it in there (am I making this disturbing enough?)

I was thinking of a close-up shot where I could show the screwdriver inside the neck. I had an idea of painting a straw silver, and pressing it up against his neck with lots of blood being blown through it, offscreen. Just an idea.

I need lots of ideas on how to do shots, how to do some effects, and anything else you can offer...it's all appreciated.

....Oh, and of course, there will be plenty of over-the-top arterial blood spurtings to go around.
"This is when I saw the dark figures moving about in the woods. I should have never tampered with the 'Book Of The Dead.' I now know that whatever it is I have resurrected through this book, is coming for me."

--The Evil Dead
Grant

Post by Grant »

a retractable screwdriver?
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I was missing thses great questions.

Take a screw driver, and cut off most of the shaft, leaving only the handle. then get that pace putty from a theater store, I'll think up the name latter its past 1am. and pile that on the guys neck, and smoth it out with flash colored mackup. But first under the putty put a small hose atached to a blood pump. Then insert the cut screw driver into a hole by the hose. Make sure it stayes but can move a bit.

the shoot him attacking with a real screwdriver, then cut up close to him slowly killing the guy with the mackup on. Hope thats clear.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

wait a second...where exactly would I fit this hose?

Also, for one of the shots, I am going to have the hacked off screwdriver pressed up against his neck, so it appears that the entire shaft is inside. And if the camera is in the right spot, then I can fill a small water balloon with blood and have it clenched in the same hand as the screwdriver handle. I can slowly let out the blood as it is pressed against his neck. The back of my hand should hide where the balloon is touching his neck so the audience only sees the blood running down from the supposed wound.

Yeah, I also miss writing posts like these. It really is a lot of fun coming up with these gruesome scenarios. And it's interesting seeing what everyone comes up with to solve them technically.
"This is when I saw the dark figures moving about in the woods. I should have never tampered with the 'Book Of The Dead.' I now know that whatever it is I have resurrected through this book, is coming for me."

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

run it under his clothing, and then hide it under the puddy, so that we can't see it, or at an angle that the cam will not see.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

Oh okay. Thanks. I think we're gonna' shoot this scene this weekend. We have so much blood sitting in my garage that it's just rediculous. A lot of it's homemade. We have some of the little 4 oz tubes of the good store-bought stuff. And then I just discovered this "Mass Casualty Blood Powder". At the place I go, it's relatively cheap and when you mix it with 1 gallon of water, you get a really good looking blood. But what I did was replaced 1 quart of that gallon with corn syrup to get better viscosity and it looks and feels great.

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

sweet, look forward to seeing it.
Riggzy

Post by Riggzy »

anyone seen Final Destination where the woman gets a shard of glass in her neck when her monitor blows up? shes grasping her neck for the entire scene after that :D
anyway, yeah, this sounds like the classic "cut-the-thing-in-two-and-stick-it-to-something" method :P sounds like a great scene. is the screwdriver passing through the jaguler (sorry spelling!) vein in the side of the neck? if it is you'll need LOADS of blood, its the vein that gets the blood to the brain
[url=http://www.loosestscrew.tk]Loosest Screw Productions[/url]
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

yeah, it was going to be the jugular. And don't worry...blood isn't a problem...I have it in copious amounts in my garage....all in different shades and viscosities.

We've also decided that to really try and get your lunch all over the TV screen, the blow to the neck will not be a fatal one. Instead, after enough gasping and gurgling from the victim, one of the baddies will put his pistol to the back of the victims head and pull the trigger. The victims mouth is duct-taped so the bullet will tear through skull and exit at about the mouth blowing brains, blood, teeth, skull fragments, and shreds of duct-taped out.

We've decided to use a foot-pump for the projection of "stuff" and we'll shoot it at a funny angle to hide this.

Now, some may worry about me having now read this post and perhaps even previous posts, but I assure you that all is well with me and it's all in the good challenge of making the unbelievable look believable.

...I'm also thinking about having a little Public Service Announcment at the end of our film.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

CORPSE GRINDER wrote:Now, some may worry about me having now read this post and perhaps even previous posts
And by seeing your avatar, taste in films, etc. :lol:
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I don't worry about you, I'm glad you come up with these crazy ideas, they let us think of strange things, and hell some great directors started with splat-stick movies, (Sam Ramie, Peter Jackson). I want to see this.