Muzzle Flashes!

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The flash isn't that blue, it appears so much like that because of the horrible lighting! The flash should be more yellow too. Also, little pistols lilke that don't create camera-like flashes! I think the old flintlocks are brighter! Flashes relatively small as well.
Chris_film

Post by Chris_film »

i couldn't even see the flash, it just skipped right over it. i had to go back and look at each frame to see what it looked like
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Well, that's the point. It's a flash! :)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I saw the flash, the flash its self was good, the poor lighting when he shot was not
Sigs suck a**.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Yeah well, I've already explained why :P

I've got an idea how to tone the brightness down and make it the correct colour - we'll do another better test sometime to see if it works.

Oh and btw, it's about as little a pistol as you can get - only a Desert Eagle ;).
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Who said anything about your prop being wrong? degales are cool
Sigs suck a**.
jordanlacey

Post by jordanlacey »

I3lade203 wrote:wow .. you dont got a great computer do you? To render 10 sec takes me hmm 20 sec lol
My comp is great! It takes 10 secs when rendering with the interlacing, but De-interlacing, i dunno, takes a lot of time!
Visit Us At [url]http://www.xmedia.vzz.net[/url]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

That dosnt make sense .. denterlacing dosnt do anything to rendering time on my computer - maby you did something wrong?
Sigs suck a**.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

I3lade203 wrote:Who said anything about your prop being wrong? degales are cool
Ah no, noone said that, I was just responding to Epsilon's "little pistols" quote ;).

Thanks for your input guys, we'll see what we can do to improve it.

Next test - fight scene (we have it choreographed and practiced already), then after that, full-auto rifle test. Hmm!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Why dont you just do a full film? Guns are pretty much simple as hell, its really easy
Sigs suck a**.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Yeah, concentrate your time and effort on something a bit more... worth your while...
Erm... yeah...
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

We are working on a full film, but unfortunately we really don't have the time at the moment to get any good filming or work on it done. And we also don't currently have access to a proper camera(s), but we will do. Once our exams are over, we're gonna work on it nearly solidly for a month to get it all done until we're chucked out of our student house :P.

So, all we can realistically do for now is tests on things that are important for the final 'product' (to make them look as good and as 'professional' as possible), so that they go more smoothly when we're actually making the film.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Sounds good. THe best thing to do is watch footage of REAL guns firing and imitate them. Hollywood guns always produce big flashes because it looks cooler!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

How long is your film going to be?
Sigs suck a**.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Epsilon: Yeah, I noticed! Sometimes you see real guns firing, and most of the shots don't produce a muzzle flare at all...

As for the length, well, we don't really know yet! It's quite a detailed story (so quite long), and the chances are we just won't be able to do it all, especially as we need more than two actors! We also haven't written the script yet (yet another thing to do in the week following our last exam), but we have a detailed story and reasonably detailed plans for important bits. So, well, time till tell :?!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

ah well, dont be dispitonted if you dont finish within a month
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hollywood motion pictures can take up to 2-3 years from planning to finished product. And they have 400 people working on it too!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

thats why i said dont be dissapointed in not finishing within a month! but then again, i dont know what your films about, your resources, time ect..
Sigs suck a**.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

:)

Don't worry, I'd be more impressed if we actually even got close to finishing in the time we have for it! Especially as it's our first film! (we do have backing from the uni film society who can apparently provide crew, speak to people, sort things out etc. which is handy).