New member offers his services.

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Parallax

New member offers his services.

Post by Parallax »

G'day even though I wouldn't usually say that its just a clue to let you know where Im from. Just posting a message to say hello and offer any help that is needed. Although I won't say that I know everything. If someone asked me I wouldn't exactly say No either ;)

To let you know what kind of stuff im into digitally which im sure is what you guys are more interested in I know pretty much all areas of special effects from the digital right down to the physical and even optical. I range in all the "popular" 3d animation and modeling packages that inclues like Maya, Max, Lightwave for natural dynamics reconstruction and photoreal composition to character animation and even some Image based modelers. Im also quite proficiant at pc and mac based editors and compositors AE, Premiere, Shake, Final cut and etc for those interested. Uhh what else. Just finished work on learning motion tracking camera tracking and scene reconstruction motion control and capture for 3d animation blah de blah. Ugh just had to do a paper on in depth rotoscoping and tracking for animation that even covered multi plane camera systems, uhh pretty much any special effect i can robably work out a rlativley simple (for me) way of reproducing it without drastically changing a shotlist however sometimes as we all know a budget wont allow us the shot we need. so yeah thats about it any help i can give to your threads will be accepted i hope? ;) hope i get to know alot of you and help even more of you out.

x.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

That's awsome. Sounds like you get around much. I'm am somewhat proficient in 3ds Max, digital compositing, and editing. I know you will be of great help to many others here. Nice to see you around! :)
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Nice to see ya on the forum...just on a personal level, do u really like macintosh editing....*cough*
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Towels42

Post by Towels42 »

Hmmm. Welcome. This all sounds quite interesting... but really, I'd very much like to see any work you've done. As you can probably see, not only do people endeavor to help others with their movies -- but films are also shared here. If you have means to show us some of your work, it'd be a great way to show us the true extent of your film-making talents.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Welcome to the forum! Truggy what the hell is with yout avatar?
Sigs suck a**.
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Mac Editing hmm its a touchy subject because some people love it ten times better than your regular pc but it is the same for the reverse situation. I personally like editing on my Pc rather than buying a mac because of the amount of customisation I can give my computer to speed up the editing rendering and whatever else i can optimise to make me get work done faster. The programs themselves are extremely simular on both platforms except shake has a most unusual way of tackling the situtation what with its layering system and nice pictures for buttons which to me is useless anyway. This is usually the problem I have with 3d software aswell, max and maya etc have nice little pictures to show you what your doing which in my opinion if you need a picture to know what your doing... well you get my point, this is the reason I use lightwave the interface is much more organised and each button is just text, straight to the point and easier to use in my opinion instead of hunting through thumbnails of tools.

As for my films etc Ive never made any... at all. Ive just been messing around in this area for so long ive just learnt it by being around it, believe it or not i started out as a graphic designer got bored because the pictures didn't move. Found a program that could do that... then the rest is history i guess. Ill dig up some dynamics tests blah see what i can find Iv'e got some 3d rendered fireballs i might get you to look at see what you think.

What about you guys any websites you can post in this thread to see where we all are?

P.S. I3lade203 you sure do have a knack for bringing up avatars in your posts.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I love editing on the Mac! Ive got a Mac g4, OS 10.4.3 or whatever (Panther) Also, ive got 3ds max 5.1, can you help me with fire, crashing objects etc.. All the gooood stuff! :D

Oh, yeah. Welcome to the Forum fellow Aussie! :D
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

hey good to see a professional (or at least semi pro) 3d artist on the forums. Be warned: you're about to get swamped by questions. even have a few of my own (if only i had time to learn lightwave!). What part of Australia are you from. I'm in Brisbane
cantoloupe

Post by cantoloupe »

Yo, it seems from your description that you'll really be a great help many, especially begginners.

what "section" do you excel most in? (3d, compositing, props, or as u said, graphic sesigning? etc.)

ya, welcome to the forum,

"go mac"
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yet truggy still hasn't answered. Tisk tisk.
Sigs suck a**.
Eim3r

Post by Eim3r »

The thing in Truggy's Avatar is that there are 2 DarthGunther's, number III and IV, on at the same time.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Back on topic, you should be a help, yet I don't see you posting yet busy prehaps?
Sigs suck a**.
Austin

Post by Austin »

looks like you will be a good mentor for all that suck :) lol
have you guys never seen the axe commercials? His avatar is exactly what axe is advertising
"Build a cow a fire and it will be warm for a day, Set a cow on fire and it will be warm for the rest of its life"
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Umm, Parallax, could you PM or email or post here a tutorial in 3ds max 5.1 regarding objects crashing a nd falling apart or realistic looking smoke/fire trails please? :D Thanks
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Play around with particle systems and read about those kinds of effects online and in books. Asking somebody how to do everything ins't fun! :)
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Ok before you start attempting to do projects you should just start playing with max and learn what the different tools do to determine how you would try to accomplish something... look into rigid body dynamics for making things "crash" there is a plugin that does that for max called Reactor. and particle dynamics for smoke fire and etc. ill start posting now since so many people need help. any questions or any help needed anything at all just PM me don't feel rude.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

NaziSentry wrote:Umm, Parallax, could you PM or email or post here a tutorial in 3ds max 5.1 regarding objects crashing a nd falling apart or realistic looking smoke/fire trails please? :D Thanks
If new to any 3D program, I suggest you read the manual and learn the basics, and then start learning some more advanced tehcinques, in time you won't need to ask us how, you'll be able to do it your self. Learning tutorials can only help you to an extent, learning how the programs functions works can work to do anything you can imagine as far as max can do.
Sigs suck a**.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I'm not new to 3ds max 5.1, i just need help with materials for fire/smoke etc... And how do you use Reactor? there isnt a tutorial in the manual for that...
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The other day you were asking me trivial questions! You are still new to 3ds Max. Follow through their tutorials and you should be able to figure out most particle effects.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, in time you won't need to ask us if you learn the basics, because knowing the basics, you can learn more advanced, and so on.
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It's a bugger when I try explaining something on Max saying:

"...okay now extrude the left poly..."
"Extrude? Where can I download that?"

Learning the basics will help! ;)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Epsilon, are people really stupid enough to say that? LOL!
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hey, I've helped more people than just on forums... they find me somehow through AOL!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah same here, I get a bunch of aims through those pesky guests, they ask me a question and I never see them again after it's answered..
Sigs suck a**.
LizaT

Re: New member offers his services.

Post by LizaT »

Parallax wrote:G'day even though I wouldn't usually say that its just a clue to let you know where Im from. Just posting a message to say hello and offer any help that is needed. Although I won't say that I know everything. If someone asked me I wouldn't exactly say No either ;)

To let you know what kind of stuff im into digitally which im sure is what you guys are more interested in I know pretty much all areas of special effects from the digital right down to the physical and even optical. I range in all the "popular" 3d animation and modeling packages that inclues like Maya, Max, Lightwave for natural dynamics reconstruction and photoreal composition to character animation and even some Image based modelers. Im also quite proficiant at pc and mac based editors and compositors AE, Premiere, Shake, Final cut and etc for those interested. Uhh what else. Just finished work on learning motion tracking camera tracking and scene reconstruction motion control and capture for 3d animation blah de blah. Ugh just had to do a paper on in depth rotoscoping and tracking for animation that even covered multi plane camera systems, uhh pretty much any special effect i can robably work out a rlativley simple (for me) way of reproducing it without drastically changing a shotlist however sometimes as we all know a budget wont allow us the shot we need. so yeah thats about it any help i can give to your threads will be accepted i hope? ;) hope i get to know alot of you and help even more of you out.

x.
Man have I got a project for you, www.sticktowhatyouknow.com