Blowback pistols

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

There are no all metal or all plastic airsoft guns. Most of them come with a specific amount of metal/plastic content. Since most people that play airsoft love realism, most manufacturers will make things like the slide, trigger and trigger guard all metal, the rest heavy duty plastic. But if you get a Tokyo Marui gun, even if it's plastic the finish should be realistic enough to pass it off as real.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Figure anything that could get you shot at by police is realistic! :)
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Well, i bought this well nice airsoft pistol, i mean it wasn't a blow back but it was nice. 100% Metal and only cost me £25. Shot I think 5mm metal bb unusual for it is normally 6mm. This thing shot darts as well. Any way, i went to the park and kinda shot this girl. I mean i was miles away from her and i didn't even mean for it to hit her. But then her parents came down and called the police. I got arrested and i nearly went to court. The parents of the girl decided not to take it that far. Well after like 3 days of having my gun, the police took it away from me and i was upset. But i learnt my lesson. Next time RUN
justinbutcher

Post by justinbutcher »

Hey im new here. I once saw an add in a gun magazine. I havent seen it there for the past two years, but they sold full size blank firing m16s and thompsons for like $79! I dont really mind using the airsoft pistols, but the rifes can look pretty stupid when there is no casing ejecting
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Most times you cannot tell in motion pictures. Nearly all the Saving Private Ryan weapons were rubber replicas. Also, nowadays is pretty easy to plug in a little 3d casing. :)
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Only if the camera is straight and not wobbling!

Someone join my Board! (signature)
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

UFProductions wrote:They are much slower in operation, they sort of lazily rack backward then forwards, not very realistic. If you sped up your footage a bit it might work. Thing is, you can buy a cheap gas blowback for about the same price as a good EBB.

Edit: And NaziSentry's post was in regards to the fact that he can't buy airsoft guns in Australia. He's sad.

actually, EBB's are as fast as GBB's when theyve got good batteries (okay, so maybe after a few weeks use it needs a batt. change, but atleast it doesnt need to be refilled as much as a GBB does)

also, while they are mainly made from plastic, they look quite gd on film

and U can now get an ebb full auto G18C (even though, with a slight mod, a marui ebb can be made to fire in full auto anyway)

btw, Im your everyday Airsoft information guy! (Im an airsoft maniac... really)
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Despite what DaveP said, trust me, invest in the GBB. You'll have to look incredibly hard to find an EBB gun with blowback that looks even halfway decent. The technology now only allows for the slide to go back halfway, and trust me, it looks (and feels) downright pathetic. If you want a gun that has some really spectacular blowback action, get yourself a KWC Desert Eagle GBB.

And Magic Man, you're goddamn lucky you live in the UK, because over here you could've been shot by officers with little to no provocation. I don't give a s*** how far away you were from the girl, what in the f*** were doing with that thing out in public!? Christ, the more I read these posts, the more I think that if you people are so retarded as to be waving those things out in public, you deserved to be f*** gunned down.
Towels42

Post by Towels42 »

You people need to be really, really careful... Hell, I was even hesitant to bring an obviously fake, plastic ray-gun out in public for one of our movies.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Something I've noticed is that there seems to be a little confusion as to what "airsoft" really means, and the classes of airsoft guns. I've seen evidence of this of many boards - not just this one. Just a few pointless points I'd like to make...

Airsoft guns ONLY fire 6mm plastic BB's (Bullet Balls). The so called aluminium BB's would result in diminished performance in all but absurdly upgraded guns, and would never be used in a skirmish.

Magic-Man's £25 full-metal 5mm dart firing pistol was an air pistol, not an "airsoft" pistol.

GBB's don't necessarily use Green Gas - that is a more powerful gas. Black Gas is even more powerful, and is most likely to blow up the gun. It it recommended for many pistols to use HFC134a gas, which is quite low powered. Guess about 240fps. Many skirmishers (including myself) use American Eagle Winter (or equivalent) which is closer to Green Gas, fires at about 290fps (depending on the gun - a friend's GBB Mac-11 fired at about 310 using this gas). A friend semi-knackered his Marui Deagle hardkick by using Green Gas too much - it wore down the slide catch groove.

Speaking of the slide catch - if you want to repeatedly fire a GBB pistol on set, without any BB's in the mag, you'll have to hold down the slide release lever otherwise it'd lock back. I don't know much about EBB's, except that when I played with one, it looked and felt pathetic compared to my GBB, in general construction, finish, and weight. And the slide does only slide back halfway, without a catch if I remember correctly. But it was less than half the price.

Be careful if you're looking into buying a GBB. Make sure it actually has blowback for a start - just because it's gas doesn't mean it recoils. Many gas guns are NBB. I believe the cheapest GBB you can get is a Marui Glock 19 for about £60. Any lower and it's a NBB, but you can get more expensive NBB's. Oh and you can get 'full metal' GBB's, many Western Arms pistols are, as well as full conversion kits.

And like Towels42 said, you must be careful. With the world as it is, people will run off screaming even if you hold out your finger in a coat pocket.

Why the rant? Well, I think knowing a little more about airsoft can only help it avoid being tarred by the same brush as air pistols/rifles and so on. They are very, very different, and many calls of banning airsoft have been made because some people didn't realise the differences.
october

Post by october »

if you want to repeatedly fire a GBB pistol on set, without any BB's in the mag, you'll have to hold down the slide release lever otherwise it'd lock back.
what i have done is taken apart the clip and removed the spring and the little piece that pushes up the bb's. cause the only reason it would lock open is if you were out of ammo, and the little bb pusher thing is what "tells" it to lock open. with out this you can fire the gun all you want when it's empty... yes i have taken apart all of my airsoft guns and also have done modifications. one of my 1911's has a micro switch in it, so when you pull the trigger it will activate lights (to simulate illumination from muzzle flash). right now it will operate 2 lights and also fire my compressed air "gore-gun" to spray gore when the trigger is pulled...
"ORGANIZE BEFORE THEY RISE..."
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Interesting :).

Hadn't actually thought of modifying airsoft guns like this, and makes sense for film use. Although could be a little expensive if a mistake was made breaking the gun. But you seem to know what you're doing :).

But as I'm a skirmisher I would kinda like my BB's to be pushed up into the barrel!
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

I'm just wondering guys, how long does a blank firing gun last if kept clean and taken care of good? I want to get one, but I probably won't use it a lot untill I'm 18 (I'm 14 now).
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

You get what you pay for, chances are a $30 pistol won't stand up to repeated use, there's a lot of force going on with blank firing guns. An automatic has a lot more things that can go wrong with it than a revolver too, so just keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Scott_Talbot

Post by Scott_Talbot »

air soft guns are safe, realistic, dont make a bang, (this is important if youre like me, in the middle of the suburbs) and when not filming you can go out with your friends and do some fighting. :)

its a win win win win situation.
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

I was told Brandon Lee didn't die from a blank! He died because he was suppose to use flash blanks in a real gun. Flash blanks are different than real blanks. With a flash blank you need a real gun and an armourer. That's what hollywood uses. You can't get flashblanks unless you have a pyro liscense. The gun Brandon Lee used was loaded with a real bullet and shot him self accidently with it.