Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Massive Exit Wounds without Squibs

Post by Syras »

Hi everyone
i'm looking to do a huge exit wound (the guy's just been shot point blank with a desert eagle .50 :twisted: )

problem is getting squibs or similar explosives - i live in australia which is the illegal stuff capital of the world and i'm underage so i cant buy a lot of stuff which is legal for this sort of thing

is there any way of doing this with a waterbomb filled with blood or something similar?

i tried a normal waterbomb but i couldnt fill it up more than a few drops coz i just shot back out

any ideas?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

If they are inside this idea might work. You attach a spunge filled with fake blood to their back, and have them very close to a wall. When they get shoot they fall back and slide down the wall, I think this will leave a good streek that might work. There is also the pull string methud, but I don't remember how it works, but it is around here, I know Browncow has a tut on his site about that.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

well, to fill the water bombs, you need some kind of pressure to get the blood in there. Use a turkey baster full of the blood, or use some kind of a squeeze bottle, like for shampoo or liquid soap.
Grant

Post by Grant »

yeah a nicely packed water balloon would do great
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

sounds good - any ideas on getting flying flesh in there? i was gonna use tissues soaked in fake blood but u cant get em into the waterbomb
Thoughts?
Grant

Post by Grant »

i have heard of people even using cooked pasta. You can easilt feed it or other things down the water ballon neck once it is partially filled
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

thats a good idea! thanks grant
i can even bribe the actors with food then
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Use a condom rather than a water balloon. It'll work much better, and it'll hold more of your blood/flesh/thing mixture. Furthermore, it'll break a hell of a lot easier (I think)...
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

but if you use a condom, make sure to get the cheep un-lubricated kind, I tryed, using the free ones that gave us at school and ya that gets in the way.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Yeah, they'll HAVE to be unlubricated, and those usually come only in big bundles (12+). The unfortunate part is that I couldn't find any off-brand stuff. Seems everywhere carries strictly Trojan. No one trusts the off-brands these days...
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I worry for you, BrownCowStudios. You know way too much about condoms. :|
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I woundn't trust an off brand, I'll eat off brand foods, I'll whare off brand clothing, but when it comes to movies, I will not use off brand! and as for what the condom is for, maybe off brand ain't good there eather.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

You lot get free condoms at school? Man! That's slightly worrying, but amazing at the same time! If we had been given something like that back in our day (Oh God, now I'm sounding old), we wouldn't have known what to do with it, apart from blow it up and have a party! HEY! Just look, I'm in the balloon business now! LOL!
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

hey why not use the compressed air method... like with a plant sprayer that you pump and what not with the whole hose thing i remember an old webiste with a tutorial and a clip of some haggard old long haired dude get shot in the head with this method and blood and s*** went everywhere ill try and look for it

EDIT: HAHAH I CANT BELIEVE IT STILL EXISTS!
I saw this site like 4 years ago!
http://www.exposure.co.uk/eejit/blood/
check out the haggard long haired dude i was talking about
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Its not like they are giving condoms out at grade schools, but at college, guess they have given up on abstenace.

Would the compressed air give the splat effect, or just a stream of gore?, because I think we are going for that SPLAT! effect.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

foxwood wrote:Its not like they are giving condoms out at grade schools, but at college, guess they have given up on abstenace.

Would the compressed air give the splat effect, or just a stream of gore?, because I think we are going for that SPLAT! effect.
Gee Sean, you can't spell, but you can sure use big words! LOL!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Ya I can't spell worth a damn, but I have a big voacbulay of words I can't spell.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

You know what worries me about our schools sex-ed class (A requirement if you want to pass) They say, "Don't have sex, but if you do, use a rubber" Kinda mixed messages there
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Grant

Post by Grant »

ahem....on topic please :)
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Oh, yea. I like the "Bloody Sponge on the Back" idea, that is only if you can't get explosives. I've never liked compressed air because it looks more like a slashed jugular or a little gush. I can never get the right ammount of pressure

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

i used the insecticide sprayer idea but its a gush not a sudden explosion of gore
i was looking for something more umm... realistic
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

The Cheapest Bullet-Wound Ever
Fill a plastic bag (Or a rubber) with fake blood. tape it under your shirt. At the right moment, bring your hand down to the thing, as if grabbign a gunshot wound. make sure to pop it. don't use that rubber again

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

The key with the spunge is to hit the wall really fast and then slide down, leaving a good mark and then a trail of gore, kind of like when Neo hit the wall after being shot at point blank range by smith in the first matrix.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

yeh i like that sponge idea - so simple yet effective!
i'm gonna see if i can find a use for it in my next short (people have to die somehow - might as well be budget effective!)
Grant

Post by Grant »

budget effects are what we are here for :)