Would this physics-defying effect work in AE?

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Would this physics-defying effect work in AE?

Post by Vamp »

Ok, I've been thinking about doing this effect. Do you guys think it will work?

1. Film Guy 1 and Guy 2 fighting. Guy 2 hits Guy 1 on the head and Guy 1 falls face down on the ground.

2. Now, film Guy 1 doing a dive and landing in roughly the same position and area he was lying in after being hit by Guy 2

3. As soon as he lands on after the dive, have Guy 2 punch or kick at Guy 1's head, but hit the ground right next to his head.

4. place that video on 2 layers

5. Draw a mask around Guy 1, so Guy 1 on layer 2 comes through to layer 1.

6. Reverse the video layer 2, so it looks as if Guy 1 is kind of pushing himself up off the ground into the air and landing on his feet.

I think this should work, the rest of the video stays in normal motion as just part of the reversed layer shows through. It will look like Guy 2 hits the ground where Guy 1 would be.

Dose this sound like it could work?
www.neverdead.co.nr
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

it's kind a complicated, but if i get this right, it will work
Why don't you just try, instead of asking it here?
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

I'm not that good at AE, I've just started masking. How can I have it that a mask only starts at one point of a video, when I draw a mask in the middle of the video, it's there from the beginning to the end.
www.neverdead.co.nr
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah it should work, for some reason i dont use ae that much heh
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

vamp: by animating it
ChibiVader
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ChibiVader »

How can I have it that a mask only starts at one point of a video, when I draw a mask in the middle of the video, it's there from the beginning to the end.

Remember to turn on the keyframes. Under the layer you drew the mask on, go to Masks>Keyframes, and click on the little stopwatch button. This will turn on keyframes. What that means is that it will remember what shape your mask was in each frame. However, if you cange it, it will extrapolate and animate the mask between those two frames, going from the first to the second. Just keep that in mind.