FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!

Post by film fanatic »

Is it legal for somebody to film in a UK airport? Especially LUTON.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!

Post by Raptor »

Call and ask..... Best advice I can give. It may require permits, and there may be restrictions on what can be shot. In the US it is illegal to video or photgraph any security procedures or in the security areas.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

No it is not ilegal, I have a friend who is currently making a proper film production at an airport on the Isle of Wight. You do need permission from the airport to film though. Security procedures can be filmed. My nephew is one of the actors in this movie.
Moderating behind the bushes!
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Here you are not allowed to film Prisons, Airports, Municipal, State or Federal buildings without permits and you are not allowed to film security procedures no matter what. Trust me on this I almost had my camera confiscated.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

the best way to know is call and ask, also ask details liek what are we allowed to film/not allowed, it may also be wise to tell them beforehand if your movie has guns, etc.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I looked in to filming at Bristol Airport once. It says all the facts and figures on it in their website FAQ:

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/informa ... photo.aspx

Rather expensive don't you think?

The cool thing is that they'll let you film in the old airport which hasn't been used for years, so you'd get full freedom.

To be fair though, if you dress up like you're about to go on holiday and look like a tourist you might get away with it. I've got loads of footage of me and my mates twatting about in the airport and nobody stopped us.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

You'll get no suck luck here - more often than not, if you have a camera out and rolling ANYWHERE in the airport, for whatever reason, it's most likely gonna be confiscated.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Not to mention the taking off shoes and fingerprinting that they expose the passengers at US airports to. It's crazy, even if you're just stopping to pick up a connecting flight, you are put through all that.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!

Post by Raptor »

CamClub wrote:Not to mention the taking off shoes and fingerprinting that they expose the passengers at US airports to. It's crazy, even if you're just stopping to pick up a connecting flight, you are put through all that.
Finger printing? Haven't run into that in any airports, and we've flown the kids ( well 18 and 19 ) from 5 different airports in the last 2.5 months. Harrisburg International, BWI, Orlando( MCO), Sanford/Orlando (SFO) and Pittsburgh. And out of the five flights, the only one who had to remove his shoes was my oldest stepson, the one with the military ID LOL...
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
El Brenty

RE: Re: RE: FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!

Post by El Brenty »

HA HA HA! It's the international flights going out of the country that they're doing most of this with, and you probably wouldn't be fingerprinted because you're not a foreigner in your own country.

I love Sanford airport! It's the easiest airport I've ever gone through. Although the last time I went there, the customs officer was moaning at me telling me it was my fault that he couldn't spend Thanksgiving with his family! Nice way to welcome people into the country.

Orlando international airport is awful! I got off the plane, and walking along following the signs, there's somone telling me to place my luggage (And I only had 1 piece of hand-luggage - A pilot case) on a conveyor that ran parallel to the walkway. "Great, that'll save me carrying it while I'm walking" I'm thinking to myself, only to see my bag disappear up a chute! I continue walking and find there is a train waiting for me (and the other passengers of course). Get on the train, which takes us to baggage. 45 minutes wait later, my luggage arrives on the conveyor. Why on earth do they do this, and don't let you just take your luggage with you! Aftyer I picked up my luggage, I was nearby where I had got off the train anyway to get to the customs area. It was crazy!
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

And they tell you not to leave your luggage unattended. Why should you trust them not to do unpleseant things to your belongings?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya security has increased like mad but i havent been bothered by it.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!

Post by Jperson »

NPMAX wrote:Here you are not allowed to film Prisons, Airports, Municipal, State or Federal buildings without permits and you are not allowed to film security procedures no matter what. Trust me on this I almost had my camera confiscated.
My god! America is meant to be the flipping land of the flipping free, that doesn't sound very free. This reminds me, I went to the U.S. two years ago and it was so STUPID, thay gave you acustoms card or whatever on the plane to fill out and at one point to say if you were coming to America to commint criminal acts, if you were a Nazi if you were a criminal... like if you are a criminal would you really say that 'yes I'm a criminal', sorry but thet U.S. and osme of their stupid people really p*** me up. Not all americans, though, obviously.

EDIT --

Just remebered the craziest story, I know someone who, by accident packed a propper four inch, possibly, knife, with a case and everything in their hand-luggage and went to Miami and from Miami with it in their hand luggage. And BOTH times they were stopped to have their bags hand-searched and the searcher didn't find it!!!!!

And this was this year. Man, some people, and they say they have tight security, in thte places they don't need it they have it and places they do need it they don't!
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Adam

Post by Adam »

This thread is only one year old Jperson maybe you can find something older to reply to
Moviebox

Post by Moviebox »

I believe in the UK, you cant film in hospitals too, am I correct?
MasterMike

Post by MasterMike »

Yes, but only because inteference particles from DV tape can make sane patients go mental, or something.
[url=http://www.secret7000.co.uk]Join The Secret 7000[/url]
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

It interferes with equipment, like mobiles which use radio waves mainly.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Moviebox

Post by Moviebox »

Thats a good reason, I guess. You cant film in graveyards too, I nearly learned that one the tough way.

(P.S.) This topic was started 3 years ago!
challengerbravo525

Post by challengerbravo525 »

totally legal! just dont film round where there is wireless internet conenction..but these are usually well sign posted
Today's Bread TODAY
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!

Post by rep22 »

Moviebox wrote:(P.S.) This topic was started 3 years ago!
Uh...Maybe half that..?

Anyways, in high school, some friends and I were doing a project on the Trans-Continental Railroad. So we filmed part of it by the tracks in a remote location. While we were working, a train came. There also were a few passerbys, and eventually, cops showed up. Turns out someone reported us video taping a suicide attempt :shock: That was an experience..
Moviebox

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FILMING IN UK AIRPORTS - NEED TO KNOW NO

Post by Moviebox »

Quiet a story. In the graveyard we were in, a passer by though we were digging up graves and filming the bodies. What an idea, we were shocked he thought that!
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Haha, wow, can you believe people? All they do is make assumptions..
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Lol..that is such a great contradicting line. 'Can you believe people? All they do is make assumptions'!! HA HA HA HA...whether intentional or not that is class al the way :)