Combustable pizza

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Fewof_lamb

Combustable pizza

Post by Fewof_lamb »

Right, for my film about two guys finding a button that defys the laws of time and space (so to speak), there is a scene involving a random pizza man showing up at their door. He is in a trance and, when he opens the pizza box, the pizza lights (bursts?) into flames.

At the moment, we are thinking of spraying it with butane and lighting it (Out of shot) when the box opens. Under very safe conditions, after many controlled tests, of course. We are not idiots. Just thought i'd check if anyone has something similar or has any ideas about how they did/would do it. I only have a week and a half to shoot this all so the last thing i want to do it go to shoot it, have it fail, and have to ditch the scene. Cheers.
"there's only room for one number one... and i'm that number one!" - Chad Rockman

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

E-mail: fewof_lamb@hotmail.com
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Combustable pizza

Post by foxwood »

The only issure with that it making sure that the box doesn't burn from the off set so coat the pizza and then stick it in the box, and I would defently use frozen pizza because its cheep and is defently like cardboard.
Grant

RE: Combustable pizza

Post by Grant »

Unless you did the opening in reverse with the pizza/box opening and burning and then you close it to snuff it out lol
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

Yeah, we aren't going to use a normal box. We are planning to make it safer, maybe with a wooden/steel base inserted so as it won't burn. We may do the same with the lid as well, to protect the holder.
"there's only room for one number one... and i'm that number one!" - Chad Rockman

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

E-mail: fewof_lamb@hotmail.com