Blank Firing Guns

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Blank firing guns aren't illegal to own if you're under 18 because they cannot be modified to fire real bullets, and they don't require a permit either, it's just that most of the sites you buy them from require you to be over 18 or 21, because well, they look exactly like real ones and some dumb 12 year old could get himself killed with one of them. They are priced about the same as gas airsoft handguns, but the ammunition definitely costs more, but if you want a realistic touch to your movies, I would go ahead and spend the extra money.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Still if you are going to use them, make sure you have all the paper work you need, and that you are in an area that you would feel safe shooting a real gun, which mean lots of open space. What I'm wondering is are black fireing weapons fesable in places with strict gun laws, like say England.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I don't know about gun laws in England. Maybe there's a website you can look up legislatures on. It should be okay; I don't see why blank guns would be illegal, as long as they're shipped with orange tips on the muzzles. As long as they're not discharged in a populated area, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I J Walton

Post by I J Walton »

Hey no problem guys, I live in the UK and have loads of replica/blank firing guns. We had a problem with a certain make of blank firers (Kimar) a few months back because they found out that they could fire projectiles (had open barrels), These were taken off the market. All ather blank firers are perfectly legal to buy and own.

I even contacted the Home Office (govenrment body) about my use for replica guns. The sent me a reply saying that you can use any type of blank firers as long as you have a valid reason, they said that making short-low-budget films was a valid reason. So you guys have nothing to be worried about.:D
http://members.fortunecity.com/dustyfilms/
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

excellent! (In mr. burns type evil voice...)
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Originally posted by I J Walton
I even contacted the Home Office (govenrment body) about my use for replica guns. :D
A Home Office place has replica guns? Are you sure it's completly legit?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well if its leagal in Brition, I know they have strick gun laws, then it has to be pretty leagel in the US even though we have open gun laws, they are really strange, I will bet the age to use a black gun is 21, even though you can buy a REAL weapon at 18. This is when I hate America.
Grant

Post by Grant »

You should see how strict our laws are becoming over here!!!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

ouch, I wish ours just made some since, that is what happons when the bleeding heart liberals, can only win half battles, and the normal people fall into the "Think of the children" camp at election time.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

No offense, but I've always been glad I don't live in Australia. Censorship is practically a government body over there.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Originally posted by foxwood
the age to use a black gun is 21, even though you can buy a REAL weapon at 18. This is when I hate America.
Actually, I think your right about it. which means that, in that magical time between 18 and 21, you get to use real guns for movies!

PS. This post does NOT condone sensles gunplay. Only sensles gunplay with a camera present far away from your bleeding heart "THink of the children" Half battle-winning bleeding heart liberals

PSS. Don't tell me I said bleeding heart twice, I know already

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Our cap guns here even have to have red ends on them!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I haven't seen a real looking cap gun in ages, it seems that all the good toys in this country left with the 80's when toy guns were good for little boys deveupment, and ketchup was a vegtable. Now if little boys play with toy guns they grow up to shoot their schools, thanks to the media. I hate them so much, I just want my toys back.
Grant

Post by Grant »

We can still buy fairly plausible cap pistols
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I remember when I had a cap pistol that looked like a nine millimeter. Ah, those were the days. Now I have to order the bastards online instead of just strolling on in to a toy store and forking over fifteen bucks.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I miss the 80's and early 90's when that was possable. The good old days.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I bought a toy pistol at the local toy stor for $7 (Which equals exactly Not Alot of Pounds for you Brit Majority here) And all I did was spray paint it black. MY dad said I was not to cut off the red tip at the end of the barrel, and I was not to paint it, either. So I covered it in electrical tape. Good and black, but removable.

Grant

Post by Grant »

At the moment they are trying to license the ownership of swords, bows and crossbows etc. Most Martial Arts weapons are already licensed here!!!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I've done that before, covred strange colored weapons in electrical tape, such as in the Yokai project, the SOCOM that the manin charator is carrying is an old toy .45, with a toilet paper roll, and cardbord lazer box taped on then covred in electrical tape.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

One of the best things about America is that there aren't any strict national gun laws. The only state where assault rifles are banned from sale is California, and only a few more states prohibit the use of replica guns. That's the only reason I like living in Iowa; we have zero truly strict gun laws.
Grant

Post by Grant »

A handy thing is too find old gun stockes and then add barrells and attachments to them. They look very realistic after a bit of work. The sniper rifle in the I-Team was an old stock with a broom handle stuck to it:D
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Cool, I never thought of that. Pitty my dad would never let me use any of the meread of stocks he has laying around the house.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Go to a gun club and ask if they know of any?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well you can get them pretty cheep at a gun show. And if they are cracked or the wood dosn't look good they are even cheeper.
Grant

Post by Grant »

There you go. An instant and cheap arsenal at your disposal