HELP! "Transcoding of videos failed"

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

HELP! "Transcoding of videos failed"

Post by OutcastJiob »

I'm attempting to burn a DVD with Nero. What I'm burning is a bunch of .mov files (Red vs Blue episodes, to be precise), the menu background image, and an MP3 file ("Blood Gulch Blues" to be used as menu music).

Now, everything goes fine, I start the burn process, and a few seconds later I get this error message:

So my question is, what is the problem? And the follow-up question, of course, is, how can I fix it?

If you need to see the error log to figure out what the problem is, I've saved that and can post it, too.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: HELP! "Transcoding of videos failed"

Post by OutcastJiob »

Sorry for the double post, and I don't mean to nag, but surely someone has an answer for this? I've done the best job of searching for a solution I can, and my conclusion now is that I have to convert all my .mov's to .avi's before I attempt burning. Is that true?
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.