The end is near

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

The end is near

Post by Zacatac927 »

I wrote this in half an hour when this idea fleshed into my mind for a test shoot with the canon hv20 cam...

all the locations and props i have and can use

Ext-Airport-day

Black & White

Slow-motion shots dollying around a DC-3 Aircraft, Pilot Checking the exterior.

A ford mustang pulls up next to the plane, two people, the driver and passenger exit the vehicle. The trunk opens and the passenger pulls out two pieces of luggage, one in each hand, the driver offers his hand and she passes one off to him. The pilot looks over and give a look, then goes back to running his hand over the wing of the plane. Dolly with the passenger holding the luggage, a tag flaps around, written TO: ENGLAND, on them, the paper flutters in the motion and the winds. The passenger places them down and the camera tilts up to reveal the hair of a blond, covered in a hat. Behind her is the Driver, who out of focus but we can tell it is a man, in a gray suit, also wearing a matching hat.

The woman turns her head to the right, facing the plane.

Andrea

What has happened, to the world...

Chance

Please don't get started on this again, you will be fine, I just would like you out of the country while this... this mess is going on.

ANDREA

Why do we not try so hard, to keep peace, to keep violence at bay, why must we lean to fight, back turned to peace, to talking out an argument.

CHANCE

We have no say it what they think, why the choose, war seems to be the easiest thing for them, they can't see through the filter of blood... I don't want you here to see this, see what occurs

ANDREA

So you are sending me away, like a child, a tag on my coat, where I'm headed, to England you say, maybe the next time France, of Africa.

CHANCE

I will not send you away for the sake of it, I love you, this measure has been taken to protect you

ANDREA

... (mutters) and who says i need protection.

CHANCE

I don't want to see you die...

ANDREA

I'd rather be in your arms, then thousands of miles away... (drifts off)

Ext-Field-Day

ANDREA and CHANCE are seen in the distance, picnic cloth out, a small meal prepared. ANDREA lays down and CHANCE puts his arms around her, latched onto each other, eyes locked in a gaze.

EXT-AIRPORT-DAY

ANDREA

Why can't we see the good days, not when this war rages

CHANCE

Don't say that, it will end itself, they said it should take six months,

ANDREA

Six months, sure, are they ever correct on their estimates? It may be years till the quarantine clears.

CHANCE

Well then when it does, you will be on the first flight, the first flight home

ANDREA

To you.

CHANCE

Exactly, then you will be back in my arms, floating on air.... maybe swimming, in your favorite spot.

ANDREA

No, I don't think I'll ever go back there, not since Ruth changed there...

EXt-Pond-Afternoon

Two young adult women, RUTH and ANDREA slip out of their top layer into their bathing suits, so hidden by their top clothes. They jump and splash into the water, giggling, splashing each other. RUTH floats around as ANDREA blabs about her life, RUTH listens but slowly floats under, unknowing to ANDREA, the next moment ANDREA looks around, seeing no one

ANDREA

(yelling)

RUTH! RUTH! Where are you!!?

Suddenly ANDREA is pulled under, screaming she pops back up, RUTH Surfaces, red-faced laughing.

Ruth

Gotcha!

ANDREA

Oooh, you will pay

RUTH swims away fast as ANDREA makes small strokes towards her. RUTH keeps swimming, reaches shore and runs into the woods, ANDREA gives her time and then follows, In the woods, ANDREA slows down, gives her hair a quick dry with the towel.

ANDREA

I'm coming RUTH, you better be prepared for what's to happen

Rustling, ANDREA turns to face it, she smiles and rushes towards it.... A Scream, ANDREA is no longer smiling, listens for another scream.

ANDREA

RUTH? DID you find a SNAKE?

Silence, Most Rustling, now closer, ANDREA smiles again as she rounds the tree and stops, there lies her best friend, covered in blood. SHE Screams, Rustling all around, SCREAMS louder, ANDREA covers her mouth, but she can't look away. Patters of footsteps all around, ANDREA runs, faster than she's ever run before, into the woods, Weeping, Sobbing, Running. Close up shot, crane from eye height to ground watching ANDREA run away out of focus, to where RUTH lay, only blood.. no body

EXT-AIRPORT-DAY

CHANCE

Andrea, are you ok?

ANDREA opens her eyes, realizing they had been shut

ANDREA

I'm.... I'm ok

CHANCE

Then we'll find a new one, a new spot, just for us... secluded, our own little world, peace for once, from this rage...

Her faces falls

ANDREA

Oh Chance...

She puts her arms sloppily around him, he, suddenly surprised places his arms around her, patting slowly, but with meaning.

CHANCE

We'll get through this

The pilot pulls down the door ladder

Pilot

Hurry up now, I don't want to be on the ground for long

CHANCE looks over and smiles

CHANCE

Just a few more moments

He looks back at ANDREA her head still in his shoulder.

CHANCE

Andrea, it's time to go

ANDREA

Thats is the worst part...

CHANCE

I will miss you dearly

ANDREA

Stay safe..

She backs her head out, tears down her cheeks. CHANCE wipes them off

CHANCE

You can count on me.. I will be the safest person her, no chances

ANDREA

Thats, thats because I only have one Chance..

They laugh

CHANCE

(jokingly)

I'm your only chance dear..

No more laughing, ANDREA gives a smile.

ANDREA suddenly has a look of horror on her face.

Andrea

Chance!!

CHANCE looks around and back

CHANCE

Damn, they've found us, Get on the plane Andrea!

ANDREA

WHAT about you?!

CHANCE

I'll be fine, I have what I need in the car. Go!

Pilot

GET ON THE PLANE

Engines roar to a start. ANDREAS hat is thrown off

CHANCE

(yelling)

I LOVE YOU! TAKE THIS

Hands her a small box

ANDREA

(yelling)

WHAT IS IT?

CHANCE

(yelling)

NOT ENOUGH TIME, GO!

ANDREA runs to the plane, chance throws the baggage on, the pliot helps ANDREA on and then gives CHANCE a look

PILOT

(yelling)

MAY GOD WATCH OVER YOU

CHANCE

(yelling)

GET THIS PLANE TO ENGLAND

The door shuts, CHANCE turns around and faces his enemy, a Dozen people are running at him, out of focus, CHANCE runs to his car, the trunk popped he grabs what he needs and turns around. Automatic fire bursts out of the barrel of his gun, We see the bullet hitting the things, the IN-fected, the Zombies. One by one they go down, One Closes in, CHANCE unable to reload grabs his revolver and pumps the last full of lead.

The begins to taxi, around the Mustang, CHANCE looks over seeing the pilot give him a quick salute gesture, then pumps the planes engine, Roaring it begins to pick up speed, passing CHANCE, ANDREA looks through the windows at CHANCE, Screaming his name, CHANCE can only mouth the words "I Love You" to her before they pass.

Into the air he watches it fly away.

Roars, more on them, heading through the field

CHANCE

Damn

He drops the trunk and runs on the car, starting it he blasts into the street. A few seconds later the Infected appear running after the car.

INt.-Plane-Afternoon

ANDREA has watched all this occurring through the window of the DC-3. She Slowly stiffens up into her seat and begins sobbing, she looks down at her lap, remembering the box that CHANCE gave her. She examines the white box, with blue ribbon around it, gently opening it, it reveals a small dark blue ring box. She takes a moment to look up and let tears flow. Looking back down she opens it up, a paper falls out, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. She looks at it and smiles through the tears, reaches for the slip of paper and turns it over, revealing

"I want to be your only Chance"

Written in cursive. ANDREA looks out the window, at the car, speeding down the road. She whispers

ANDREA

Yes...
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: The end is near

Post by kene555 »

Nice...I could definitely see this with several sequels on Youtube. In the beginning the characters were talking a little strangely in my opinion, but other than that it was awesome.
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

^I agree, it sounded like you were quoting something or where about to break into middle english or verse.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

i did start writing it that way.. the zombie part didn't come into my head until halfway through... i was just writing to write... and some intellectual stuff ran out
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

DUDE!!! im so shooting this in two weeks... we are getting the canon hv20 HD cam... and REDROCK micro 35mm adapter people are letting us use their test equipment... the stuff they send out to mags. to review... and we get to use it on this script .... WOOT!

www.redrockmicro.com
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927