Acting

Forum for the discussion of all aspects of directing and acting.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tecmeister

Acting

Post by tecmeister »

The movie that me and me friends are doing has a script BUT we haven't really written that many lines out for the cast.
We are just creating the scene and the cast that are in it are going to say what they would say in real life. we going to practice what we would say before we film it, but is that a good idea or not?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Acting

Post by foxwood »

Wow the grammor there was just.....man

anyway to answer your question. As you reherse the sequence and are having your friends improve the lines you can start to build a ruff idea of what you want them to say. If they come up with a funny line have them keep that in the next take etc. I know when I am doing comadies, I write out diologe and then let my actors kind of play around with it and add other stuff and kind of organicaly build the sequence, from that becuase some of the best s*** just comes out once your on set in costume all toghter. So its not the worst way to do things, but it might be a bit time consuming, and you will have to pay close attention because it will probably be really hard to cut since they are not really doing or saying the same thing in each take. The way to work around this is each take change the set up so if you want to use a line form take A followed by one form take C you can do that and it shouldn't be to obvius that its all from diffrent times and takes.
Ornsack

Re: Acting

Post by Ornsack »

tecmeister wrote:The movie that me and me friends are doing has a script BUT we haven't really written that many lines out for the cast.
We are just creating the scene and the cast that are in it are going to say what they would say in real life. we going to practice what we would say before we film it, but is that a good idea or not?
Doesn't sound like you have a script, more a chain of events written down!

It's all good though. Many films and things are built on improvisation (although mainly comedies). The whole of the Alan Partridge series were written by Steve Coogan improvising his way through a plot and his writing team writing everything down.

Give it a go! Some times it's good to improvise on set too, depending on what you're doing
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: Acting

Post by Zacatac927 »

that post could have been shortened into a sentence... yet you dragged it out.... painful to read
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927