WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

and then there are the A.G.R.A.P.D (Anti grenade russian armed police department)
Wich are THE best cops in the world!!!!!!

edit: no, wait! i made that up :cry:
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

seriously
in no particular order, here are the best SFs in the world
SAS
SBS
Delta Force
US Navy Seals
Marine Force recon
GSG-9
Gru-Spetsnaz
A-Saiqa Commandoes
Al-Wahdat al-Khassa
Unit 269
Unidad Especial de Buceadores do Combate
US rangers
Gurkha regiment

Tallman, were not talking about police here
and the KGB arent SF, theyre more like MI6 or CIA, but with the same jobs as MI5, FBI, NSA etc
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Even though they're not SF, LAPD SWAT (hell, any major US city SWAT team) is arguably the best police organization in the world - the reason SEALs are among the world's best at CQB is because the instructors pick up training techniques from LAPD SWAT officers.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

SO19 are quite good as well, but theyre police, not military
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

What I thought we were listing Special Forces? lol
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

Nice topic you have here... I'm a WW2 German Reenactor here in the UK, nice collection you lads have, heres mine:

I took these for a WW2 forum showing off my gear ect, might as well post it here. I reenact the 916. Grenadier Regiment which fought the Americans on Omaha and 28th US Infantry in the Ardennes. I also reenact the Grossdeutschland (Panzer Grenadiers) But i leave my unform for that with our two halftracks we own. I have a Heer panzer uniform. but mostly use my 916th uniform and just sow on the G.D cuff titles and replace my infantry shoulder boards with the G.D ones. (i've taken picture of that to) Here is my 916 GR Uniform and equimpent, most of it is orig like the gastin with gas mask inside, belt, gaiters, k-98 cleaning kits ect. Enjoy:

Front Uniform: Still has mud from me recent reenactment lol.

Back Uniform: When at private battles, i eat, and drink out of them items.

Zeltbarn: I use this to keep warm at private battles, much better than a great coat i think! keeps me dry to. there was 1 to every soldat, 4 of these makes 1 tent for 4 men... so 1 would stay gaurd and the 3 would sleep ect.

M-43 Cap: I wear this on hot days ideal for sleeping to, as the sides fold down!

Ankle boots/gaiters: German leather was short so they copyed the english with there ankle boots and gaiters. This was to save on Leather. Notice the studs on the bottom, there excellent for gripping but you deffo know when a german was coming, either that or the smell of leather!

Personal Items: These are most important for reenactment, this makes it come to life. My dog tags, and the soldbuch is the most important.

Pesonal Items: The picture is our unit (not real) its been cut ect to look like a picture from WW2. good eh? stamps to send letters come witht he field post and money!!

Soldbuch: In the soldbuch would be you're pay, info about you ect.
In this picture will be my info about me, my colour of eyes to what unit i was tranfured from.

Soldbuch: The red line is my old unit which would be on my dog tags, then unit below is the unit im in now. this was common with the Lw when most got put in SS units.

Soldbuch: ahh yes, payment...theres loads of other pages containing my rifle number, bayonet number, picture, were i live, born ect but take to long lol.

K-98 Cleaning Kit - I have to of these just incase, these are orig. makes the rifle smell and shoot good.

G.D Cuff title, shoulder boards: These are my G.D titles, so just incase i wanna do Grenadier i'll put these on.

I have a blank firing K-98 rifle and a deact MP40. these are with my panzer uniform in a safe location intill my guncabinet is fixed, ill get some pictures of them to.

Total cost of uniform ect - £4,000.

Thats including my Panzer uniform. fees for halftrack and memeber ship are about 60 quid a year! please comment or if you have any picture requests or questions just ask!

Steinmann - Feed back is welcomed

Though i'll share me Band of brothers pics, I had the whole SS uniform once, but sold it. heres some contunity pics, these were actually taken and used on the set.

1. The guy on the horse that got shot and his luger taken

2. This is from the 2nd ep, the german who talks to marlarky. The set i in pippingford park near east grinstead england, i did a private battle there once, the farm house you see nixon pick up winters in i have slept in there. Next time im there which is very soon ill get some pictures for you!

This is the battle was was at last year, you can see the set here, best picture i can get:

This is us last year.

If you guys want any pictures from the set of ep2. Just ask, ill take loads as i belive there rebuilding it for a new ww1 movie.

My K-98 Rifle:

I have many more pictures but ill post later lol.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

....woah awesome gear! Where'd you get the rifle?
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

I and my good reenactment friend Chris "guy who made WW2 Reenacting UK forum" from the 29th Inf are filming for the BBC Talent and going to edit a small 10 min scene from the rest of the movie (a full 45 min film) As he is at uni, we are borrowing a Jib, Tracking, Audio Boom, XL2 and Tripod.
We also have reenactment groups to use as extras and actors, with blank firing weapons. We will be filming at Pippingford "place they filmed Band of Brothers" Ep 2 and 3 for a 2 day shoot!. If you are near east grinstead at the time of filming and want to come along bring a tent, you are more than welcome to join us and see real ww2 uniforms and rifles in use, close up.
Also i have invented a small squib for ground hits (maybe body) using small piece of wood, holes, tubeing and small compressed air cans!...which is nice, ill take a picture of my squib set up and do a small scene test for you.

here is our test poster:

Also did a small desktop picture to:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10719102856.jpg&s=x2

Steinmann
Scene 7 Productions
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

Almondo99 wrote:....woah awesome gear! Where'd you get the rifle?
I got it from inside the unit. It's a real firing K-98 Rifle, but we use blanks (7.62) Still have to have a licence to use it. £160! bargin i tell thee! lol
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I'd like to see some pics of Brecourt Manor setup.
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

maj_barnes wrote:I'd like to see some pics of Brecourt Manor setup.
I'm there in may for another D-Day private battle, so ill get some pics for you.
Also taking pics for our Set location board, and story board.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Awesome pics, wish I could get a firing rifle...oh well
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

I posted these on WW2 Reenactment Forums from when i was at pippingford last year, It's changed alot, looks more french and warish now.

Enjoy,
Ep. 2 Band of Brothers set - Location, Pippingford Park. England

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

And as i said, when im there in may, ill get more pics for you, better quilaty to.
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

Heres the Squib hit i made, i use talc powder and a small ball of paper at the end were the puff will fire out, this is so its more compressed and looks better when it fies out:

Heres the small air can we use, the tube will be longer for bullet walls and floor hits:

Scene 7 Productions
"Their War" - In Production
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

You guys have halftracks!? I want you to be my new best friend. But seriously, thats some wicked nice gear you got.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hey everybody! I just got back from a 1943 Tunisia reenactment over the weekend, myself! :D I have photos for ya'll to see!

Our camp:

Medical staff:

Breakfast:

Wrinkled monkey demonstrating proper field gear:

German camp:

Big tent:

Germans:

More Germans:

Mortar team:

Me with my captured German K-98:
fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

Whoa! Nice stuff man!
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

that must have been loads of fun dude!
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

Last Fri till Sunday went on a reenactment for BBC Filming "D-day to Berlin" Showing tommrow on BBC1 at 9pm, we filmed for them last year to can't wait to watch it!. It was also a public show so we had battle reenactments a display here are some of my pics, mostly taken after every one had gone home lol.

1. First Picture i took when i woke up on the saturday out of my zeltban, Excellent picture there:

2. My sexy MP40, I took this only for my desktop :)

3. My MP40 again!, this time even more sexy!

4. Yes, thats right, MP40! mmm...mp40

5. This is my firing K98 Rifle. Its Waffen stamped. This rifle will fire Blank and Real ammo....which is nice.

6. 6. 1 of our 5 MG42's in the unit, we have 2 firing mg42s and 3 deacts. Got to love it!

7. Ah yes, i took this the day i left, which was sunday, just when i woke up, me walking to the bunker...please don't ask why lol

I have more pictures to come but these are just basics, there was a group photo guy, and some other lads which took many pics, ill post them when i get them to!

Also if you're in the UK or have BBC1 then watch this:

9pm it's on:

http://www.916gr.co.uk/tvfilm.shtml

http://www.916gr.co.uk

Steinmann
Scene 7 Productions
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

In the picture where the guy is demonstrating the gear... I hate it when people wear thier shovels too low on thier haversack. His shovel is down to his knees. I wear my shovel in the highest grommets of my haversack so it only goes down to about my waist.

As long as everyone's posting reenacting photos, I might as well repost some of my previous ones...
Thats about 1/3 the total people there.
Moving out
The hike back home
Me
German MG
Under cover
The battle line
Armed to the teeth
Me taking a break
Forming up
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Whoa lol. Looked how much we've excelld since last year!!!!!.

Awesome stuff Steinmann!!!!!.Thats awesome how they used that set. I saw some WWII sets they used for various big movied when I went to universal Studios.
What kind of Mauser is that? is looks different for some reason than a German K98K.

Nice too Epsilon and Deady. I'll get some pics of D-Day Plus 6 up when we film it this summer.
Im haveing a WWII film contest. Its in General Film so make a short and join in the fun!
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

DeadLogic wrote:In the picture where the guy is demonstrating the gear... I hate it when people wear thier shovels too low on thier haversack. His shovel is down to his knees. I wear my shovel in the highest grommets of my haversack so it only goes down to about my waist.
Haha, it's an early long T-handle shovel, supposed to be worn lower than a folding e-tool. Also he's not exactly tall either. :)

Our Battle of the Bulge event in Big Bear was cancelled due to bad weather... go figure that!
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

tallman_house_pictures wrote: What kind of Mauser is that? is looks different for some reason than a German K98K.
The stock is post war, had to by a new orig stock for it which cost me £120 just need to get round to fitting it lol.
But the actual rifle its Orig, its Waffen Stamped. just at the end of the war they put in a new stock. IDIOTS!
Scene 7 Productions
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

missed that BBC documentary! Im really annoyed ny that.

i heard another installment is on next week or something, is this true?
Steinmanns7

Post by Steinmanns7 »

Yep, Arnhem!, it was an awsome ep though, 4 times i saw my self! im in the next one to, im behind a stug in the village and also in other scenes both in the village and fields.
Scene 7 Productions