alamdv

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

robosays21

alamdv

Post by robosays21 »

wut do ya think about alamdv? is it worth it? is it good? thanks :D
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: alamdv

Post by Magic-Man »

There are so many posts about this topic. Just search. But not many people like alam DV on this site. I am sure it is ok for beginners though
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: alamdv

Post by Almondo99 »

It's good for begining special effects, but doesn't have a lot of options. I would get Final Cut or Premeire.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: alamdv

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Almondo99 wrote:It's good for begining special effects, but doesn't have a lot of options. I would get Final Cut or Premeire.
Final Cut and Premiere are great NLEs, but will not solve your effects needs. After Effects or Combustion will work wonders in that department.
Erm... yeah...
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

RE: Re: RE: alamdv

Post by Matt »

I think that given the cost, AlamDV is great for doing certain effects. It can not do anything you can't do in After Effects or other apps but it is unfair to compare them given the enormous difference in cost. I admire the creators of AlamDV for not trying to rip people off with crazy software prices.

As ever it depends on your budget and what sort of effects you are trying to do. There are lots of films around that have used AlamDV on the net. Watch some of them and see what you think of the effects. Thats probably the best way of seeing what you can do with it.