"Unforgiven" full film online! DOWNLOAD NOW!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

"Unforgiven" full film online! DOWNLOAD NOW!

Post by SgtPadrino »

View the trailer of the film here

This movie is basically about a guy who gets treated like s*** all his life. One night he snaps, grabs a gun, and through the course of the night tracks down and kills everyone who treats him like s*** on a day-to-day basis (the idea of a one night ordeal is based off of Collateral)

It's about a half an hour long, and you'll need DivX to watch it.
Download the film here (file size: 80 megs)

Also, you don't need a profile or anything to download the file; FileFront is a free service. And the movie's not based off the game Postal 2, I just told them that so they would host the file.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: "Unforgiven" full film online! DOWNLOAD NOW!

Post by Truggy »

alrighty :) downloading...
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

You know? I liked the film alot. Good story, good plot, some excellent cinematography and some well played acting. Some of the things I would suggest working on include, lighting (I know it was part of the movie and it worked well, but we still need to see what's going on.) Some of the voice over dialogue tended to become a bit cheesy, but I did like the concept of it. Acting could be worked on a tad... and.... I'm not sure if some of the editing techniques worked to your advantage. Nonetheless, one of the only amatuer films I've seen that have "gotten" to me, good characterization. B+

EDIT: I changed my mind about the editing, alot of it DID work to your advantage. I also forgot to add that the sound effects and audio could use some improvement.
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Thanks - basically since we were doing this totally guerilla style we wouldn't have had the time to effectively light the shot (even though we mostly shot in the industrial area of town, which is always completely deserted at night, we didn't want to risk getting arrested since we had the guns with us)

I agree that some of the voice over was cheesy, but I thought that for the most part it at least tied the story together, and communicated some of my own personal feelings in the process (I was the main character, after all) Also all of the acting was completely improv. Hell, this entire movie was improv. Save for a few extra scenes, it was all shot in one night, with me making it up as I went along. Well, I definitely had the basic outline of the movie set (I had been coming up with it for a few weeks prior,) but other than that we just ran around town grabbing what we could to make it a real movie.

I actually was a little proud of the sound effects/audio, when compared to our other stuff - the song that plays over the radio in the first Subway scene was added, as with all of the extra traffic sounds in some of the backalley scenes. The only problem with it I had was at the end - I thought the sound of the slide clicking, shell dropping and body falling all sounded way too fake. It was the same problem with the shotgun blasts, but in the end I don't think it was too much of a problem.
Last edited by SgtPadrino on Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Well, for what was done so spontaneuous, it was very well done and amazes me even more how much it caught my emotions despite it's improvised stature, bravo SgtPadrino!
@seanbagley
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

I downloaded it, and i didnt watch it, i really wanna watch it now.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

Man, I watched it and i think its a masterpiece! one of the best amateur movies i have ever seen :D
the slide clicking, shell dropping and body falling sounds were great but the shotgun sounds were so and so.
But the movie is great.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

I will have a look and tell ya what I think!
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

ok. cut the music while he is talking. You rneed to buld on his stress by everyewhere being quiet. Add music while he is killing.

Yep, lighting needs a bit of work.

otherwise Great Job! loved the fast moving car bit!
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well basically the guy doesn't snap because he's stressed, he snaps because his extreme loneliness is pretty much crushing him; the mafioso beating him up is just a catalyst. I thought the song fit pretty well for that scene because it goes from a lone, almost mourning guitar piece to a practically diabolical guitar riff - basically a rough outline for the story itself.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Watched it and loved it! That PFC gun is awesome, how much was it? I checked on Ebay and they were like $300 dollars. The lighting was kinda bad in some parts and I thought that gun sound effect was kinda soft and weak sounding. I like the narration (yes, some parts were chessy) and the editing, although you did a narration type thing in "Writ" so next time I think you should try something different. Finally (at least what's on my mind now), that low to the ground dolly type shot with the mafioso running in the alley was one of the best shots I have ever seen in an amateur film, genius! Overal I give it an A-.
joe

Post by joe »

I watched it a couple times. A few thoughts. Lighting needed a lot of work most places. I found myself searching for the point of interest in quite a few scenes, sometimes not even finding it. I know you said it was improv but if you're going to take the time to make something, you might as well take a little extra time and make it better. Like you could've taken a car charger and a generic halogen light and bounced it off of stuff, adjusted exposure, etc. That would have been an easy way to light on the move. Some of the shots seemed out of place to me. If a shot is going to be something out of the "ordinary," so to speak, it should have a reason it was shot like that. An example is the shot in Subway, you can see the people harassing him, but the shot on him is of his coat and hand. It just didn't seem to have an apparent purpose to me. I didn't see any evidence of costuming to further characterization, which I know you said it was improv.. So any easy fix would maybe have been to make it a high school kid and just like people bullying him instead of a mafioso. The lack of costuming combined with the age and mannerisms of the characters took me out of the story quite easily. The same with the dialogue of most of the characters. The guys in Subway talked like high schoolers, the mafioso guy talked like a high schooler, no difference between them really. I just wouldn't imagine a mobster yelling at someone just b/c they are walking by, and then beating him up. The dialogue of the lead was pretty OK in some parts, some parts were cheese. I liked how poetic sounding it was in some places, can't remember specific examples though. The music/narration audio was fine, but in the actual movie setting, it could've been a lot better. Actually, I thought the gun cocking sound and body falling was fine. But the gunshots sounded pretty weak in quite a few places. It might've worked better if you beefed it up some, maybe put a tad of slow motion on it to make it a deeper blast, or layer a few of them to make it more powerful. The dolly back in the alley was cool with them running. Good shot. Also, the time lapse stuff was pretty cool. Though, a big chunk of the movie seemed to be "filler" footage. It seemed like it was a music video, the video complementing the music instead of the other way around. Plotwise, there was nothing presented that seemed like it would push him to these extremes. He says he's getting sick of life or whatever, but people are just beating him up and picking on him for no reason. There must have been a specific reason they were doing this.. Again, it seemed like something that might happen to someone in high school. That's pretty much all I can think of right now. Take these as constructive, not harassive, it's the only way we grow. Cheers.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Kentertainment - the PFC gun was about $100 off of www.redwolfairsoft.com, and comprised all of the money that I had for the budget, so that's why we didn't have any lighting. Anyway, the narration for Writ was pretty much a necessity, otherwise you wouldn't have any idea what was happening (which was an unfortunate accident, because we didn't really mean for it to be like that.) It was the same thing with this movie, since I knew that I'd be adding narration later I didn't explain certain plot points in the actual filming of the movie.

joe - Well, they basically are high schoolers. I keep meaning to say that the mafioso is actually nothing more than a gangbanger, but to me they're all in the same group so it's really just a mistake on my part. And the reason that he was there was part of a story component that got thrown out because of the fact that we didn't have enough people with us. It was going to be that he was meeting a couple of dealers (the two people you see discovering his body,) and when they find his body they call in the cavalry. It wouldn't have made any sense for the main character to explain it with narration, so I did what I could to have it make a little bit of sense. Besides, I just like the word mafioso. Anyways there was actually tons of stuff planned that would have showed him really getting harassed and s*** on through the course of the day, but I could never get enough people together to do it so I just ended going the improv route, hoping that people could pick up on what this guy goes through if I did a good enough job on the narration. And with the whole Subway scene where all you see is his hands and clothes, that was unintentional; I just liked the way it looked when I watched the playback.

As for the music video stuff, what he says at the beginning about a city at night is pretty much my own personal feeling - I dunno, I just think it's all really cool and relaxing, so I went out and shot that interstitial footage myself a weekend before we did the biggest chunk of filming. I basically wanted to get the sort of relaxing qualities of driving around aimlessly at night (except for the time lapse montage right after he kills the Subway guys, and some of the stuff in the Audioslave montage towards the end) And despite the fact that it seems like the footage complements the music more than the other way around, it's probably mostly because of the fact that my forte when it comes to editing is that I can fit music with footage pretty well, so that was kind of unintentional I guess :)