Hollow Point

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

ten years??? UGH! lol
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Fun to watch. Came together in the end. Definitely opened to a second part...

Well done Matt Hawkins and co.
Trickshot_RDA

Post by Trickshot_RDA »

Hi Matt, known you a while but new to this forum : )

Congratulations on finally finishing Hollow Point, I remember you talking about it when we swapped films ages ago. Can't wait to see it.

Richard Allison
<b>Trickshot Film Productions</b>
New Release: NO CHOICE - SPECIAL HIGH CALIBRE EDITION DVD
Available from: www.trickshot-films.co.uk
nigel101

Re: Hollow Point

Post by nigel101 »

how did the Premiere go?
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

dude, matt your my hero!your the reason i got into amateur film making! im only 12 and i hope to be able to make movies like hollow point. cheers
10/10
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Thanks everyone :) I still need to write up a Premiere report and upload some photos. Hopefully this week. Hi Richard, glad to hear from you again. Still got 'No Choice' on my shelf :)
niebs233

Post by niebs233 »

for all the hype that everyone said about it, i was thorougly disappointed. Yes, the camera angles were cool and whatnot, but that explosion? See there's things an amateur director should put in a film that are worthwhile and that was definitely not worthwhile. It was sick to look at, and replaying the whole thing again when rewinding..idk about that it just wen ton and on.. many of the actors lines were just so dry, no emphasis, no emotion. I just thought it was a poor film. If you want a film, I'll show you a film. I'm 17 years old and my friend and I have made better films when we were 15
Bugalicious

Post by Bugalicious »

hmmm... seams a bit harsh.

got anyfilms that we can compare it to niebs233?
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

If you want a film, I'll show you a film
Look forward to seeing it ...
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I had to wait until I got DSL and I finally did. I liked this movie it had a good story plot and I enjoyed how it rewinds to reveal more of the story. The only thing in particular I didn't like were the sound effects. I don't know if it was the compression but the sound effects sounded like muffled 8-BIT quality. All in all good movie Matt and like said earlier lets not hope your next will take a long time to come out.
XeFx309

Post by XeFx309 »

Very good story. Kinda reminds me of a Tarantino, show two sides of the story type deal.
Adam

Post by Adam »

It was originally going to have three points of view but it just became to complicated. There is also a linear edit version of the film avaliable on DVD along with other special features. If you email me or matt then for the cost of production and postage etc DVD's are avaliable.
Grant

Post by Grant »

it looks like niebs has fallen into the shadows
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

I enjoyed it very much. The progress between GUTS, MTL and Hollow Point is huge. I say huts off since making a movie without a budget does not only mean to have a uber idea and cool SFX, but also to get your team of actors etc. together and keep them together until the project is complete, and this dear movie makers is VERY hard. There ain't no contracts you can use to force people to appear on the set, all you can do is try to keep good vibes in the team.

Also the cutting rithm and editing in general is much better now. I especially like the scenes on the stairways in the house, pretty pro IMHO. The Intro could be a bit more spectacular, but it doesn't really matter.

I was also impressed by the Guns (the SIG one), looks pretty real when fired.

Keep up the good work, competiting hollywood is just around the corner.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I was also impressed by the Guns (the SIG one), looks pretty real when fired.
That was a SIG Sauer P228 BB gun. Although you can barely notice I followed the advice of someone here (can't remember who) and edited a single frame where I cut-n-pasted the recoil in Paintshop Pro. The flash was just good-old Premiere lens flare. Never got around to worrying about shell cases.

The recoil is an effect where you don't notice it .... but it just looks better with it than without it.