Robbery Clip

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrew_107

Robbery Clip

Post by andrew_107 »

Hello again,
Yep you guessed it, another little test scene. Seeing as it's hoilidays over here we have alot of spare time... so most of the time we are just filming these little tests for practice.
Once we have a good enough idea we will do a short.

Putfile link - http://media.putfile.com/scene

Rapidshare link - http://rapidshare.de/files/8278020/robb ... t.wmv.html

(The music doesn't start for around 15 seconds into the scene, so don't turn your speakers up to loud)
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Robbery Clip

Post by Themovieman44 »

Wow, that actually looks really good. What are you shooting on? The DP, I assume was you did a great job. Awesome work man. Looking forward to seeing more work from you.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

yeh i liked it, just curious, but what did he steal? totally irrelivant but i want to no. i like all the different camera shots and angles, looks good
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
andrew_107

Post by andrew_107 »

ct_bullet we actually filmed a little bit more for this test explaining what he was steeling, but seeing as it only was a test I just left it how it was. This scene also relates a bit to the one I posted here a week ago, the guy in the clip needed money, he waited til his friend left the house and stole the money from his friend. That is why he new the window would be open and also where there was money hidden.

I should of explained this at the top of the thread.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well if he's just stealing money, then bringing along a duffel bag would be a little excessive since he could just pocket what he stole.

Anyways I really liked it - great shots, music (was that yours? If it is great job) and well edited. My only problem is that the angle on the handheld shot when the guy had just jumped through the window seemed a little too high.
FabianJansen

Post by FabianJansen »

Nice one! A lot of work put into such a simple scene o_O
"These are the voyages..."
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I liked your shots very much, the dolly and all the smooth pans. The picture quality was very good looking and your location was pretty good too. The music was also very good. You need to make something that's not a test and get it up and online because I'd love to see something.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

The dolly shot was great, also the overall look looked very nice.
andrew_107

Post by andrew_107 »

That was the first time we had ever done a dolly shot in any of our scenes, so I'm glad it turned out good. In case any of you are interested on how we did it...all we did was put 6 pieces of wood down on the ground, then we got 3 skateboards (mine and friends) and rolled them along the pieces of wood with the tripod legs placed on each of the boards.

I might put a pic up if any of you want one.

I promise next time I post a video on this site it will actually be of a short film (I think i've said that before haha)