007 Intro using Premiere???

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

MillerEternal

007 Intro using Premiere???

Post by MillerEternal »

Hi guys, new to the forum. I'm in college and myself and my room-mates went out and filmed some footage for a cheesy 007 spoof. My question is does anyone know how to do the standard Bond intro with the white circles traveling across the screen, turning into the gun barrel that tracks Bond. I have a couple ideas about this, but I'm not really sure how to proceed. I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 for editing. If anyone knows how to achieve this effect, a tutorial would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

The white dots wont be a problem, the issue is getting a gun barrel image that you can use. If you can find an image looking down a gun barrel, just circle out the middle with photoshop and replace it with clear or green so that premiere can replace the clear section or the green with video. I really don't have an answer on the gun barrel image, but some hunting might turn it up.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

http://agent007.webz.cz/download/wallpa ... 00x600.jpg
Take this image (or search for a better one on google) and paint the part where bond is in green, use the chroma key tool and then animate it to follow the actor.
MillerEternal

Post by MillerEternal »

thanks fi11m for the image link. i was able to get it to work, and it looks great for what we wanted. i'll post a link to the intro as soon as i can, and then a link to the whole trailer once we get it up. thanks again for the help.
"Give me the strength to be what I was; and forgive me for what I am." -Antonio Banderas, Desperado
MillerEternal

Post by MillerEternal »

I got the intro up using geocities. quality is kinda crappy because of compression, but let me know what you all think. its supposed to be a comedy.

http://us.share.geocities.com/mulletman ... 7intro.wmv
"Give me the strength to be what I was; and forgive me for what I am." -Antonio Banderas, Desperado
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

site doesnt work
MillerEternal

Post by MillerEternal »

sorry about that, try this link. http://geocities.com/mulletman_2005/
Holdios

Post by Holdios »

still can't see it. Try putfile.com
MillerEternal

Post by MillerEternal »

again, sorry about that. i posted it at putfile, so we'll try this. hopefully it will work.
http://www.putfile.com/mulletman_2005
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

looked alright, no blood down the screen and whats up witht he weird scratchy line things?
MillerEternal

Post by MillerEternal »

scratchy line things are from the compression....and the no blood is attributed to the fact that bond is the one that is shot, not the person holding the gun.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

That was funny, sitting here laughing right now.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Haha, yeah you did pretty good. You needed to deinterlace and possibly film it in front of a green screen or something.
MillerEternal

Post by MillerEternal »

thanks, it was supposed to be funny. I doubt we'll film it against a green or blue screen, although thank you for that advice, i'll use it in the future. we just wanted a cheesy comedy for now. were still working away at it, its 7 min long right now and we need to get it down, it is supposed to be a trailer after all...so hopefully it'll be bout 5 min. thanks for the help.
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

is premiere hard to use? ive ordered pro 1.5
www.freewebs.com/martinman300
no-budget film making.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

MillerEternal, when you export using the Adobe Media Exporter enable the deinterlace filter in the pre-processing tasks. This will get rid of the lines.

I have found in Premiere Pro that although it lets you save presets for wmv settings it always forgets the pre-processing filter settings! So you have to enable deinterlace (bottom field first for DV) every time you do an export.

Other than that the intro looks good and is actually funny :)
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

why would you use adobe media encoder when it encodes to mpeg and wmv and lossy formats? i would use either quicktime or divx
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
MillerEternal

Post by MillerEternal »

premiere takes a bit of getting used to if you haven't used anything like it before, but its not completely difficult. thanks for the tip matt...i didn't realize there was a deinterlace filter in the output settings. and i can't output to mpeg for some dumb reason...my pc is old and in need of an overhaul, and i'm using premiere 6.0...but i will look for those codecs aaron. thanks.