New film: TOUGH WORLD

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

NGFilms03

New film: TOUGH WORLD

Post by NGFilms03 »

Hey, thanks to everyone who helped us out deciding between film ideas in my other thread. We eventually settled on TOUGH WORLD; the story of a lonely child who talks to the dead brother he never knew he had.

So here is the first 10 minutes. Hope you all enjoy it, be sure to let me know what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZZHr4DPMKA

Also be sure to check out NoRemorse's BAMBOOZLE thread. It's gonna be a great lil flick.
NoRemorse

RE: New film: TOUGH WORLD

Post by NoRemorse »

I love this film. It has atmosphere spewing from every orafice.
Joshy says I can guest direct a scene :)

And thanks for the plug, dude. Safe.
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
mr_humble_guy

Post by mr_humble_guy »

Starting off really good. I've been looking forward to it since the last thread. I have to point out though that a few scenes could have really used a bit more lighting. And I still don't like the backlighting of the window in the scene where Shane first meets his brother. If the purpose was to hide his brother's face, the effect is ruined when you show his brother's face in the very next scene.

Overall, I like how things are coming, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

So you finally went with this one...good choice (at least I think). The baby sound effect in the beginning was a little too loud and sounded more like an 8-bit .wave file rather than a .16-bit. You have a very proffesional style in filming, each shot is well placed and well thought out...oh and what is this...A TRIPOD! A double plus.

The audio and visual cut from when his unborn brother says, "You've got to kill them all." and the teacher was a little weak because it just kind of ended after such an intense dialogue sequence.

In the school sequence following there was a moment when the teacher moves away from the board and the color changes. I'm not sure how to fix this, just thought I'd let you know and it does it once more as he wipes the board.

I honestly must say that I love it, the story (from what I've seen so far) is original and even though I didn't see any explosions, guts, etc. I was amused and wanted to keep watching. I personally find dramas to be more entertaining and fun to watch just because you have to be willing to put an effor into it. Good job, Now hurry up and finish the film!
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

that was really good, i like the idea and everything. cant wait to see the rest of it.
just one question, how the hell is he supposed to see anything through that hair?
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Magic.
Thanks for the kind words everyone :).
Really appreciate it.
Hopefully we should have a finished film for you soon enough. Just a bit busy with coursework and exams coming up at the moment... :S.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

exellent work! I love it! Brilliant cinematography and the music worked great!
i cant wait to see this finished film.
may I ask what compression software you use????
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'