GOTHIC PUNISHMENT TRAILER ON THE WEB

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

GOTHIC PUNISHMENT TRAILER ON THE WEB

Post by Theshapecool »

The trailer is finnally up, to view it go here: http://www.freewebs.com/sledgefilmsltd/dractrailer.htm

For the films current production page go here: http://www.freewebs.com/sledgefilmsltd/ ... uction.htm

Enjoy and flood me with comments!
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

Hey man I like the trailer. Good job!! :D When does the film come out?
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Thanks! well we're hoping to get it out sometime near may, fingers crossed anyway.
anyone else?

www.RussDiaper.com

maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I liked it too! I don't think it would have been approved for all audiences though, :) .

I thought the red flashes were good but I thought maybe they should be darker or something, they just really distracted me from the dark lighting in most of the shots. The opening scene was great. I love how the Punisher has the totally blue sky against him, it looks really cool. And also the quick shots showing him getting the cr** beaten out of him in a short span (in the very Punisher way). The music didn't really match as it started out: I thought it was too subtite, but as it progressed it went together better and better! The muzzle flash I thought was a little weak, try adding some glow to it, or blurring it outward to give it the impression of light rather than a pasted on image (or trybrightening the person).

Anyways, can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:

Oh and the makeup effects looks great too!
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

thank you! I use pinnacle 9 and i have real problems with muzzle flashes, if anyone has any tips please lt me know, but thank you. Some people didnt realise thatI was dracula and dracula's decyple/thug getting beaten, so thats cool, thanks!

www.RussDiaper.com

wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

Have you looked at EffectsLab Pro?

http://www.fxhome.com

They have presets to do muzzle flashes. Very good program in my opinion and its not that expensive either.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Theshapecool wrote: thank you! I use pinnacle 9 and i have real problems with muzzle flashes, if anyone has any tips please lt me know, but thank you. Some people didnt realise thatI was dracula and dracula's decyple/thug getting beaten, so thats cool, thanks!
I too am shackled to that program (the Plus-9 version), and have devised a pretty good method for muzzle flashes. I feel they look just as good if not better that the results provided by programs such as Premiere or Vegas. First off you'll need a good photo editing program, I use Adobe Photoshop CS, but any program with adjustable layers and opacity will work equally well. The first step is to get your footage into Pinnacle and do all the initial editing, but no colour correction or effects. Now split the clip at precicesly the moment the flashes are to occur; just watch for the first frame of recoil in the frame by frame, then back up by a single frame. Take a screenshot of this frame, and save the files somewhere you'll remember them. Open these files in Photoshop and start painting in the flashes. I used to use stock pictures, but I've found better more variated results can be achieved through doing them by hand, and it doesn't take much longer anyhow. Play around until you get a nice looking flash, now comes the best part: using the burn/dodge tool highlight areas of the environment that would be illuminated by the flash (faces, wall etc...) It doesn't have to be perfect, the frame is only up for a split second, but it makes the difference. So do this for all of your muzzle flashes, save 'em as JPEG's and open them up in Pinnacle. Insert the pictures between the split clip where they came from and set them to appear for no more than 2 frames. After this do your colour correction to all of the footage including the pictures, with the exception of brightness being about 10% higher on the muzzle flash frames. Toss in your gun sounds, it's nice and easy to find the places with the split clips, and there you go: perfection! Sounds like a lot of work, but with having done it for several shoots I can edit a firefight in about 10 minutes.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

thats fantastic! Thanks so much for that. I'll defo go back and go over the crappy ones i already had. thanks man! you cured my itch!

www.RussDiaper.com

ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Couldn't get anything to work in IE or Firefox.

Any other link to your stuff??
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Go to youtube.com and type in theshapecool in the search, there all on there :)

www.RussDiaper.com

NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

I once used Pinnacle 9, and what I did for muzzle flashes was to select the single frame in which the flash was needed, and just turn up the brightness of that frame. It actually looks really good.
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

That's a part of what I do too, but with the painted in muzzle flash, and the slide racked back it really makes the difference from, a standard looking gunshot, to something with heavy impact. Plus, when doing many flashes in sucession (eg: an SMG firing or very large, fast paced gunfight) the brightening acts more like a strobe, just disorienting the viewer.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Well the film is coming along a treat and were on our last 4 scenes of shooting.
I'm expecting it to be done by the beggining of april.
Its become quite an epic with its locations and special effects.
Just enough gore aswell. I'll have more trailers up soon too.
here is a new poster . . . . . . . . . .

www.RussDiaper.com

Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

I like it...Lacuna Coil soundtrack? Nice :P
www.neverdead.co.nr