"Shattered" New film from Escape Films

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

CaptainAmerica

"Shattered" New film from Escape Films

Post by CaptainAmerica »

This is my new film Shattered I hope you all like it, It was filmed with a Panasonic AG DVX100B 24 frame rate so it looks really sexy. This movie is a Love story so I hope you all enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8740384359

It's Not really a love story.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Save

RE: "Shattered" New film from Escape Films

Post by Save »

I didn't understand the motives of those guys... why did they try to shoot him? Some parts need explaining...
The light wasn't so good... the sun made some parts hard to watch.. (though it mught of been on purpose). also the lens was dirty or something.
Loved the music.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Dominick shot Zack so they go after him, so they shoot dominick by mistake. So he goes after them for killing his lover Rose. The lighting was supposed to be like that.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Save

Post by Save »

why did Domink shot Zack? (Need some motive to be based on, no?)
Beside that it was a nice short.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

he shot zack because he didn't want to kill the kid that Zack was holding on too, so he shot Zack so he wouldn't hurt him later for letting the kid go. So they shot him and his lover.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Hmmmmmmmm the story was not really very apparent in that my friend, but the 'style' and stuff is pretty cool. Sorry its a short comment, but i think u made a decent effort, I think next time u should spend more time on the pre-production of your film. Script, and such like. Be wary that using the dvx100b, its important to know how u intend to use the cinegamma controls if you want to get a film look, and not just the 24p and that it must be imported likewise into ur editing prog to retain the effects properly.

Cudos to you mate, how did ya grab a dvx100b did ya hire! Guess what we're getting in 4 weeks! *drumroll* The HVX! Good luck mate, and hey maybe u'd like to have a go directing one of our scripts? Keep it up anyway mate :)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Somebody still owes me a gun for throwing out that window.

Hey, I didn't notice this before but, you have a really heavy blue color in one scene and the muzzle flash is a really bright orange. Just a suggestion for the next time you do something like this and that is to always place the same filters on a video overlay. Great Job though Matt, I liked it.

Info from Sean is telling me that he and I may be able to use the DVX100 sometime over the summer...is this true?
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Lawriejaffa how about you send me one of those scripts and I'll make a good movie maybe, because it seems everytime I make a movie no one ever likes it. So can I try to make a movie from another script may help me have people like my movies. So I will like one of the scripts, that would help me a lot. thanks.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

It was not that bad.. i enjoyed it, keep up the great mate
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Worth watching solely for the punch at ~5.10. That was cool. The rest was pretty standard fare, but certainly not un-enjoyable to watch. Needs more variety in the sound effects though.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Thanks.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
a.qotsa.fan

Post by a.qotsa.fan »

thought it was awesome, liked the emotion, there was alot you could fell it, effects were good too well put together, well done.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Thanks
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

The acting was actually pretty good. The music during the titles is way out of place, that should be changed, doesnt fit it emotionally. I liked the fighting because it really had that dirty thumb-in-your-eye kind of fighting feel. The angles and music were all good, you got that one song from "Munich" didn't you? The one place I saw a problem with the acting was when he was holding Rose. Its hard to do those kind of scenes because of the reeeeally heavy emotion, but I thought it couldve just been louder more broken down kind of emotional feel. Overall it was pretty good.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Thank you Mr. Anderson, and sorry for the opening titles I liked that song.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
freed

Post by freed »

I didn't like it.

It was full of Under exposed/Over Eposed shots, in your language that means Too dark and too light. So next time maybe work on automatic mode till you've experimented with manuel exposure.

The transition of music was poor, the fade outs totally took the emotion from the scene.

I don't think the opening scene was strong enough to let the audiance know that these two are totally involved. So when she died, there didn't seem to be much emotion.

The same sound effects seemed to be used over and over. SO maybe you should have a variety.

On a good note, Some of the fights were well done, and you even though you nicked the score from great films, you used it well.

Overall a pretty standard film Mr Haight, I guess you just fail to impress us again, good luck next time.

4/10
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Did you read what other people wrote, they liked it so I think I impress some people.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I quite enjoyed this film, you know that Matt. Most definately your best work.

The over exposed and under exposed shots worked actually very well. It gave it a very artistic feel and overall impressively differenct aspect to the cinematography. You know how to use that DVX100 well, especially manually.

The music worked very well, very impressive. I quite enjoyed the transitions from song to song especially due to the fact that you kept with the same composer throughout. Very impressive on the music editing.

I especially enjoyed the opening scene, simply because you were able to show the emotion of the two individuals toward each other without any grotesque imagery of sexual content. Very impressive in that aspect which led to an even more impressive scene where Rose dies and the emotion is at a high. I enjoyed the slow fade outs immensly.

You know how I feel about the SFX.

Overall, again, I say a very impressive film. Most definately your best and I assume even better to come. Keep up the good work.
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Gyro wrote:The over exposed and under exposed shots worked actually very well.
Hmm...Come to think about it I'd actually have to disagree. To me, I think some well exposed shots could have brought so much more to the film.

A complex camera such as the DVX100 is given its functions to prevent something like this happening, there are so many tools on that camera that can enhance a films quality. For instance, you have depth of field capabilities! Which is seen in films commonly during dialogue scenes.

For this next movie you plan on doing I would suggest using a tripod more, just because the genre wouldn't have much of a handheld feel such as this one did. Also, take more time to set up a shot and correct the white balance, and give it more depth of field. With this you can create a film with cinematic beauty.

This is just opinion though so in no way take offense and in no way do you have to listen to what I have to say.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I love playing with the exposure... little things like that break his film away from everyone elses.
@seanbagley
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

fhaj
Last edited by CaptainAmerica on Wed May 31, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Can you ever say anything nice, I always say good things about your films. I'm going to start telling the truth to you. I didn't like CoD I thought it could of been a lot lot better.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Duh! I loved CofD!
@seanbagley
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Well thats cool, thats just what I think so don't get mad at me.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I'm freaking giving you my opinion to help which evidentally you cannot take. I don't care whether or not you like a film of mine but you never even make an attempt to give advice you just secretly hate them until I say something about your film I think you could improve on.

So why don't instead of sulking you actually give advice on a film of mine sometime so I know what I need to improve on.

And one last note. I clearly said, This is just opinion though so in NO WAY TAKE OFFENSE AND IN NO WAY DO YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.