Staff Fight Scene

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Staff Fight Scene

Post by rhys »

Hi, i made a fight scene in pinnacle studio (a very lame program) to test out my staff. I think the flow is a little better than normal but judge for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvqjPHsBjaA
Hide or fight for your life?
Bocca

RE: Staff Fight Scene

Post by Bocca »

haha nice.

the bit where you stab it thru her was very good lol.

The choreography was pretty good, you just need to work on the strength of strikes and falling, to create the illusion that your really getting beat up.

The part where you go down and have the suns reflection sliding down the staff is very classy :P
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Thank you.
Yeah, the fight was between two demon thingy's so the force doesnt do too much, because of the fact these two demons have defencive powers, but thats for the rest of the story.
I liked the sun thing too, i was gonna cut it out but i thought it looked cool.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

Yeh th strike through the stomach was very cool

although i'd try and get a better acotr to be your opposition, you seemed fairly good and making it real, the girl just didnt put enough effort in

and was there supposed to be a girl screaming in the background, lol
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Save

Post by Save »

Didn't like it.. The editing wasn't good... no real continuity.
you need to put punch sounds so it would look more real.
+ The girl can't act.
the stabing part was nice.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

The sun was cool. Did you do that on purpose, or it just happened that way?
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

you never put enough sound effects in, and ct bullet why would the israeli army invade england ??? (I went on your website)
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

britishbulldog wrote:and ct bullet why would the israeli army invade england ??? (I went on your website)
Right out of the blue!! That cracked me up lol
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah well that was teh first test of it before i start to put sound effects in. I'll try and post it with sounds tonight. The sun was like on the staff i didnt notice it until i started to edit it. The sun makin the lens flair was on perpus because i saw it there in the shot and thought it looked cool.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

the wall kick was pretty weak, the cam didn't show the girl punching you, and no blood on the pole. I'd expect you to have lots of blood on the pole because I know how you "love" blood.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

No, I'm sorry.

That was horrendously bad.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Headless_Duck_Productions

Post by Headless_Duck_Productions »

The cuts were pretty crappy. No good editing. Fighting could have been better. OK but you need to work on it.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

ewww why do i even bother clicking your links anymore
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Save

Post by Save »

ctbullet, Just for the record... Israel has no reason to take over england.. ( But hey... what are movies for? Go wild!)

A fact from history - The Uk controlled israel after WW1... The Arabs didn't like it when the jewish community in Israel was begining to grow... Terror, Bla bla.. the UK decided (I beleive it's called "The white Book" or something) that the arabs started the riots but it's the jew's fault... (does that sound like surrending to Terror to you?).. :P
Ah.. but We won eventually :) We always do.. (Had a test about that last week)... :)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yes i agree, the movie did lack credibilty and flow (very noticable with no sound).
It was not as good as it could have been because we had to keep paying attention to the little girl because melissa had to baby sit her.
There was no blood because it was a very fast shoot of a fight and i cldnt be bothered and she had to leave like as soon as we finished, so we cldnt go back and do anything again.
The editing was lame because i need to get the serive pack 2 for windows to install premiere pro 2.0 which i recently purchest from the computer market.
Sorry to sound as if i am making up bull so i wldnt feel like a newbie, but thats half of the reasons why it could have been better.
I will try and make a gritty bar fight style thing someday rather then just half immortal people fighting and hardly looking like they got hurt.
The reason why i want to do a gritty fight is because i was outside playing with my staff and i was bored and i decided to start hitting a bushy thing for practice, lol im an idiot, and it got caught in it and whacked me in the side of the cheek near my eye. It really really hurt, and it still does, but i guess that was pretty funny.
Any way, i will try and make a better fight someday. I am not switching to anything difforent because i want to perfect this skill (which clearly I havent) before moving on to any other things (but i do try other things but dont do it for 100% of the time).
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Omg! I just feel sorry for the poor girl! Did you drag your poor sister into making a cheesy action scene with you! lol bless! It's cute!

And yeah, the clip need lots of work, im just amazed u managed to get a girl to humour you while having to fight u with a stick lol ;)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Why does everyone assume that my friends all ways have to be guys?
She is my friend, not my sister, and for gods sake stop assuming things.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

It's okay man, u dont have to be ashamed! Its good to get ur sister involved!
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

seen as though we're talking about my movie, i might aswell explain, we needed an enemy which has been controlling the UK for the past 3 years, we needed some disciplined soldiers who could put up a bit of competition against rebel fighters, we thought Israel has one of the best armies in the world, and the actors can be any colour/ race so why not.

filming tomorrow, really excited

anyway, everything about the fight sequence has already been stated, just give it another go rhys
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

rhys wrote: The editing was lame because i need to get the serive pack 2 for windows to install premiere pro 2.0 which i recently purchest from the computer market.
ahem..... hmm that sounds like its the ediing software that choses if the movie is editied right... hmmm?

i could edit a movie on WMM and it would turn out better than that.... don't use that as an excuse.... thats how i learned i started on WMM and slowly climbed the ladder.

hah superhero phrase 1.0 " With a great editing system comes great movie, with lousy editing system comes great editor"

hah yah i know made no snese
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

lol ctbullet are u totally nuts! Israel has no way near the power to ever occupy the UK!! I mean it's military is good, but only for its tiny size, it coudlnt beat Spain never mind UK hehe, you have to think of a believable scenario!
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

well the thing is, the british army is having problems recruiting people nowadays because of Iraq, so we decided to add a couple of years, and say that the Israelis walked in under no resistance, due to the british army has depleated after years of conflict, trust me it works....who would you choose may i ask
Save

Post by Save »

Lawriejaffa wrote:lol ctbullet are u totally nuts! Israel has no way near the power to ever occupy the UK!! I mean it's military is good, but only for its tiny size, it coudlnt beat Spain never mind UK hehe, you have to think of a believable scenario!
6 day war 1976 - we tripled our teritory Vs. much larger states.. Suria and Eygept... + our Tech is one of the most advanced in the world... though they won't admit it, I belive we have like 50 A-bombs...
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Its a total joke! lol its ridiculous! Its more hilarious than anything to speculate that Israel could even remotely consider in a hypothetical situation grounded in any sense of possible reality that Israel could occupy Britain...

For a start any military supremacy Israel exhibits in any present style scenario is based on it retaining huge amounts of suport from foreign military aid... particularly the USA...

I mean where's Epsilon where you need him!

Israel has about 130k men roughly, and can mobilise about 400k in reserves... as far as i understand it is not a professional army (tho key elements of it are) It has some 14k armor vehicles, (of tanks more than half are of types 20+ years old) and an efficient airforce (in comparison to middle-eastern countries) and one of the most experienced... or it was 20 years ago...

Before we can even describe the UK in comparison we have to remember that the Israeli navy is like beatable by Irans probably lol, or certainly could not utilise force 'projection' onto the UK without basically the USA invading the UK and supplying Israel for them.....

Now the UK is a very different kind of military so we must bear these in mind...
They have approximately 110k men, and could potentially if need be have almost limitless reserves in comparison to Israel. Its armor is about 5k but comprises of vehicles that are considerably more advanced than many of Israels (tho Israel has a very advanced amount too, it is far and away piled with upgraded oldies)

Bear in mind also, that UK military spending is linked to the belief they intend to send small forces abroad, and that like any european country, if they feld the need to defend against an 'actual' invasion, they could quadruple the size of their army... through increased spending 'comfortably' in a war-economy situation...

The real point is the British Navy, which is far and away more advanced than anything Israel could hope to utilise.

The only believable situation where Israel would be occupying the UK, is if America did EVERYTHING for Israel, so all they had to do was send guys to 'occupy'. The UK airforce is probably superior to Israels i imagine too. (not to mention its air-defences against Israeli incursion.)

The UK is the biggest defence spender as far as i know of any european country in NATO.....

Oh and thats presuming the UK didn't use any of its nuclear arsenal (considerably larger than Israels...)

Its just such a ridiculous scenario. Israel could not even occupy Lebanon a decade or 2 ago against HAMAS etc, so really you have to rethink a more realistic premise!

PS - Israeli military tech is linked to the 'aid' it recieves from other powers, (including the UK...) it does not develop much of its indigenous high tech projects, apart from the merkeva tank which is nothing special in comparison to other big spenders... The UK is more capable, France is and so on... They just have less reason to spend so much than does Israel...

PPS - Hehe, and the 6 days war, and such like, was an amazing victory for Israel, but bear in mind, that against Egypt it did lose territory after the peace (in that country they consider themselves the victor) tho naturally Israel was fortunate to simply survive that war to still exist!
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

io get exactly what your saying, we'd kick their a$$, but who would you choose to occupy Britian, other than the usual- America

i think i may change it to serbs then