Vinsore Armoury

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Vinsore Armoury

Post by rhys »

Hey I made another scene for Vinsore: The Battle Of The Undead (working title). I mainly just walk in, and armour myself fairly heavily. My nunchackus (nunchucks) are coming soon, because there still being sent through the mail, and i want to train with them before anything. So without further cr*ppin on here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otR5IhJ13xY
Hide or fight for your life?
Save

RE: Vinsore Armoury

Post by Save »

Thats one boaring scene... Really.. Do you want to sit for 2 minutes and watch this?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

As I said, its just another random scene from my movie, it was just to show how much i have.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

so how much do you have......going to make a compelation soon

the current video would have been better, well the character would have looked more hardcore if he wasn't sat on a counter....
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

why don't you start posting your movies on here instead of what you have been posting.
Bocca

Post by Bocca »

that was quite boring. I think you need to profile your character again. He has all this weaponry, seems like this guy is a bit of fighter already, so why is he studying a maglite?!

You could cut that in more than half if you just had a shot of him picking up the gun, cocking it, sticking it in a holster. then just picking up the other equipment and putting it on his belt clips. The thing with the switchblade would have been better if the action was on screen, but ytou dont need to repeat the flick several times. One flick to open it, caress the blade, then flick it shut. Perfect.
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

I agree with Bocca. Also get a bigger blade.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Some suggestions: Don't look at the camera. As Bocca said, you only need to manuever your switchblade once as it gets boring quickly. Same with the gun...that part just looks awkward.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

okaaay, do people normally play with their weapons before getting ready for something?
aaand....do people normally handcuff...their handcuffs to themselves...?
what if you have to take it off real easily...?
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

??? So you can use a switchblade, great! I don't really care. "Arming Up" probably shouldn't take a scene. I admit I watched all the way through, but it was a little annoying. I want to see this Vinsore movie as a finished product, not clips. One more thing, if this guy is some sort of mercenary or other militant, I assume out to kill some undead people, he probably wouldn't have his guns and stuff lying around on the kitchen counter. I'd shoot that scene in a closet (and make it shorter!)
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I need better prop guns, all i have are these crappy little cap guns that dont move what so ever. I wanted to have Vinsore jump up onto the counter, put the gun to gether and then add a magazine and then pull the slide. Then i wanted him to possibly put it in a holster, but i dont have a holster. The stupid australian laws stop me from having such good props. They have prohibited airsoft guns, blank guns and obviously real guns. Does any one know how i could possibly get any good props to Australia, without having them taken by customs, and under $40AU a gun? I know where i could get a holster for $20 but I'm not sure if i want them that much. I hate these stupid laws.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

do you have a chinatown in australia? Chinatown would have airsoft guns
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

Make one!
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

wow seriously i cant believe how shoddy that was... seriously it was a bright day when you started and by the time your all "geared up" its dusk almost haha.

cant you work on something a little worth while instead of wasting our time with these shitty youtube vids?
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah well, i only had that shot in until i got my nunchucks, which i have, right here, sitting on me, ooh god, there so pretty!
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

If the props are bad then don't keep them on camera for so long. When you don't have the money for good props then don't feature them. You can't post a film with reasons why certains parts weren't so good because you have to show what your made of on screen, you'll have to wait until you're producing DVDs to then add a directors comentary, then you can rubbish Aus' laws all you like.
Headless_Duck_Productions

Post by Headless_Duck_Productions »

Waaaaaaaay too long. Why do you "armor up" with an ultraviolet light?! You also have a little leatherman pocketknife but what for?! Use a big knife from your kitchen or something. Sorry but it was really crappy.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

PLEASE don't make another one of these vids with your nunchuks. You will get the same replys from us and also you don't take karate classes.

MAKE A MOVIE, NOT "CLIPS" FROM NO MOVIES!
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

please change the song. Yeh, too long and pretty shoddy camera angles. It was clumsy when you were showing your 'skills' on the butterfly knife but your hand constantly went out of frame.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

DEDFX wrote:PLEASE don't make another one of these vids with your nunchuks. You will get the same replys from us and also you don't take karate classes.

MAKE A MOVIE, NOT "CLIPS" FROM NO MOVIES!
Uh............... The movie isnt just going to fly by done you realise.
"also you dont take karate classes"
Mate, one thing, just because i dont take classes doesnt mean i dont know how to use a weapon. Secondly, yes i am taking classes. Thirdly, can you please shut up and not jump to conclusions.
And no, the movie will not be anywhere near the same with the nunchucks, because you cant exactly be spending 2-3 minutes putting nunchucks in your pocket. And of course, i am buying more weaponry and it wont be the same, because i can figure out that the style of it was not flash when every one said something about it. I can figure things out on my own. So toodles grandpa, im not 5 anymore.
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

just buy guns thats what the people want and maybe 1 knife and no flashlights!!
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I want to seem more stylish and kinda freaky too though, i dont want to be like every other movie, because people get sick of that. I want to have at most two guns. Then i want the rest to be things that he could have actually bought at his age say over ebay or some website. Because thats what i do in reality and i wanna kinda base the guy on me, but he gets to do cooler things like actually hurt someone.
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

why not have him break into someplace and get the guns and maybe a machete? like build a gun case out of balsa wood and have him break it open it would be better than what you did. also at the end make some bloopers like some goofy endings like the antidote is pancakes I know sounds stupid but hey something to goof with
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

lol you wanna make a movie not like other movie but its all about weapons and combat? nice try but you wouldnt get my 9$ for a ticket
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Well how do u make an action movie without weapons or combat?
All i said was that i dont want the same thing thats in every movie like the guns. Every movie out pretty much has a gun in it sometime, unless its a kids movie. So i wanted to get rid of the guns and put back in the old fashion slice and dice knives.