how the hell do they do that

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

how the hell do they do that

Post by DAZMAN »

in like the film forest gump, there is that guy lutenant dan, who has his legs blown
off, and for the rest of the film he genuanly looks like he has no legs like when he craws accross the flaw an jumps in the see, how? in need this 4 a charicter to look like there limbs are being cut off slowly in my film but i dnt now how. I thought of finding an actor with no limbs and putting fake ones on them to cut off but i unfortunatly cant find no 1 with all of there limbs missing, There just arnt enough car accidents now days lol (joke):P:P
www.x-21.tk
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

well it depends on what programs you have to work with, i think you would need after effects in order to make it look at all real. and i suppose you could use rotoscoping but it might not look as good and would take FOREVER.
poonhead

Post by poonhead »

Check the Forrest Gump DVD for behind the scenes special effects. He was wearing green-screen stockings, and in some scenes parts of the set were added in later, so that his green stocking legs could pass right through them while performing.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

well if you try doing that then make sure that you have a clean shot of your background because then there will just be white where the green used to be.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

oh i think you could also make your own alpha matte if you wanted. but that could get complicated.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

In gump they covred his legs with green, and then shoot the scean and then shoot the back ground and just took then out. Forrest Gump is a good example of seemles effects that are everywhere.
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

hahah i love the scene in gump where they play table tenis hell fast and put the ball in and the crown and what not it looks cool
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~corkill/aaronv2/oldsite/temp/v2banner.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.aaronv2.vze.com/[/url]
TommyPollock

Post by TommyPollock »

Lol, sounds like I wasn't the only one to watch Forest Gump on Channel 4 the other night. I wondered about the legs too.