LIGHTS

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

papasitopimp

LIGHTS

Post by papasitopimp »

Well, I was wondering how everyone sets, there lights for green/bluescreen filming. Also what kind they think work best. I have been having trouble getting a whole 15X15 (two walls only) room lit up! Im going nuts. I bout 4 work lights last week and set them up on stands, and even set up barn door flaps. Works very nicley, but i cant get everything lit up well. Ill figure it out, this is my problem. One good way is having ur screen lit outside by the sun, works perfect. What did you do?
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

You really need to learn the difference between 'there' and 'their'. Stop worrying about lights and worry about why your parents never bought you a dictionary.

Anyway for everyone else out there a sensible answer :) So far I've never needed additional lighting. I was thinking of buying a load of security lights because they are only about 5 pounds each (8 US dollars). Not sure what sort of light they are going to chuck out or what it would look like on camera but worth a try I reckon.
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Hey i used security lights for lighting Alien Dawn, but it was too bright..

See this post for a picture of my set up..

Mushi :D
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Ah I see. My plan was to use the security lights to 'deflect' light onto the subject rather than directly illuminating it. However I know bugger all about lighting so was planning to experiment.

For Hollow Point we need to film some stuff in my garage (with the doors shut) and the strip light in there isn't going to be enough I don't think.
padawanNick

Post by padawanNick »

Here's my bluescreen and how it was built.
For lighting, I used two flouresant (sp?) shop lights (2 tubes each) just for the screen.
(you can kinda see one in the last picture of the screen)
Then, the foreground subjects were lit separately using halogen work lights.
Good luck!
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

God, Pimpypooze, think for yourself!

:P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
judy_hammel

Post by judy_hammel »

>>Works very nicley, but i cant get everything lit up well. Ill figure it out, this is my problem.

I never said i needed help, i wanted to just make a post about lighting...geez...sorry!