Photoshop

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Photoshop

Post by Matt »

A number of you guys are mentioning "do it in Photoshop". I tend to use Paintshop Pro for graphics related stuff.

Are you saying that Photoshop lets you edit frames within a video file ? I assume this must be the case if you can use it for light sabres etc.

Any info would be appreciated.
MarkA87

Post by MarkA87 »

I don't use Premiere at the mo but apprently you can output video as each individual frame? - Then edit each one. :)
hanasand

Post by hanasand »

Animated GIF filmstrips is the keyword.. I think!?
- ..:There is no spoon:.. -
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I used to use Paintshop Pro. It makes life easier as you can just open a video file and work away on it...

But once you start using Photoshop for images in general there's no turning back!

The way to do it is to export the clip (preferably just a couple of seconds worth of film if possible) as a Filmstrip (as opposed to AVI, Quicktime, GIF, etc) and you can just draw away on your film as you would for a normal Photoshop image. You can use layers and everything...

We used Photoshop in Chemical Ali more than you'd know by watching it, mainly to rub out stuff like smoke just before the explosions went off, and to tidy up the poorly shot green screen stuff.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]