Saving streaming media

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Saving streaming media

Post by foxwood »

I am working on a video project for my Mass comunications final, and I have to put a voice over, ontop of footage from Congress, but I can not find a site that will just let me Download video it makes me stream it constantly. How do I save streaming media.
And by an chance does anybody know where I can get saveable video of the US congress?
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by John Groshko »

I wish I knew foxwod; because, I really want to know how to save streaming video too. The reson I'd like to know, is so I can save movie trailers without having to go to the website each time to view them.

I'll look around on the internet to see if I can find out. I think I remember seeing a topic like this on TechTV, I'll be sure to check there.
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
padawanNick

Post by padawanNick »

DircTV and cable carry CSPAN (I think that's the right network) which broadcasts live sessions from the US Congress and Senate.
You could probably just record that using the inputs on a miniDV camera.

Have fun.
mark_essex_87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mark_essex_87 »

hmm ok if the file is a .ram/.rm file i think you can open it notepad and see where it links to then using a download program i suppose or actually opening the proper link in the media player - then save it?
[url=http://www.downfallband.co.uk]Downfall Band[/url] < Now With 2 Songs! ;)