Odd Question - factory pallets

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

budgetguy

Odd Question - factory pallets

Post by budgetguy »

i was at work today setting up fizzy drink at Asda, when i noticed how cool the plastic pallets the drinks came on were. i reckon theyd be an inexpenisve way to create a half decent sci-fi set. take a look here: http://www.directindustry.co.uk/images_ ... /33305.jpg

the only problem is: how do i get them? i dont own a supermarket and i cant steal from my boss!!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Well, then don't steal them!

I would ask him where to get them if I was interested. It can't hurt to ask, right?
Grant

Post by Grant »

do it the Aussie way and steal them form the backs of other supermarkets
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

And when you are finished give them to your boss' company as a gift. Maybe you could get a bonus this christmas! Lol
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Asda is my FAVE Supermarket! In fact, I'm about to go there soon, to get some things for a winter Barbeque I'm hosting at my local Kebab shop! I hope they don't sell out of Chocolate Ice-Cream again! They're ALWAYS sold out of that!

Okay, plugging aside for such a great store, I'd ask your stores manager if you could have some palettes. Although they probably get reused by the drinks company, sometimes they get damaged, they split, or have the corners knocked off. If you can ask if you can have the broken ones. I won't suggest you try breaking one, they're quite heave duty - They take a fair bit of weight. I haven't come across any regular palette companies advertising drinks palettes, but that doesn't mean that you can't buy them. I bet they'd probably cost you over £50 easily though! Considering that wooden palettes go fro about £30 new.

I use wooden palettes for deliveries to the main warehouse - for a chain of card shops that I supply with balloons. I can get 2 palettes in the back of the GMC, and you'll often see my driving upt he A1 to Peterborough to do my delivery! Gets me out the office once a fortnight! We're fortunate that our customer is happy to swap pelettes over, saves us having to buy in new ones each time!

I'd also suggest expanded steel for doing a sci-fi set. You can usually get this from Builder's Merchants.

Which Asda store do you work at? Not Roehampton by any chance?