GL2

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

TheCabin

GL2

Post by TheCabin »

Hey, i just saved up $1500 and im ready to buy a camcorder! I was planning on the canon GL2. If anybody owns it or has ever used it please give me some feedback
TimXL1

Post by TimXL1 »

I have heard GL2 owners rave about their cameras. My XL1 (also Canon) has never let me down.

Great website here: GL2 Watchdog, sadly not updated that often but lots of GL2 info.
padawanNick

Post by padawanNick »

You asked for it....
I LOVE MY GL2 !!!!!!!!!!!! (just got it last week. :) )
Have fun.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I have a GL2... well, it's my friend's, but we use it equally. I have enough experience with it (1 Year) to say that you absolutely cannot go wrong with the GL2. Just take the time to learn the camera. You may even be able to download the manual from Canon's website, and learn as much about the camera and it's features before it even arrives. The camera is amazing...
Last edited by BrownCowStudios on Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snake_shit

Post by snake_shit »

I own the GL2, but i must say its beaten by the VX2000. Every camera is different/good in its own way. The GL2 is great in well lit scene's I'd say a bit better than the VX2000. But the VX2000 beats overall. I'd recommend the VX2000. VX2100 has been released, don't know much about it though.
justsomeguy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by justsomeguy »

where are you planning on buying your camera cause im trying to find a good deal on it.
Baggage:::: www.criticalcows.ne1.net
New episode coming by the end of the month!
mott

Post by mott »

is Sony PD150P any good?????? I WANT IT
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

The vx2000 and the PD-150 have both been replaced by improved models, the Vx2100 and PD170. The price is about $1000 difference, primary difference is the PD170 can record in both miniDV and DVCAM formats the vx2100 only miniDV, the PD170 has XLR mic inputs, the vx2100 has 1/8 inch mini input. Other than that from what I have been able to see the CCDs are exactly the same chips, and most of the electronics except for the tape transport and heads and the addition of DVCAM. So if the DVCAM and XLR are worth $1000, go for the PD170. B&H price on the VX2100 is $2399 if you click the email me a better price link. Should be ordering mine by Tuesday of next week. The PD170 also has a bit more 'body' to the case.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
snake_shit

Post by snake_shit »

....wurd

I would have bought the PD150, but I needed a camcorder NOW! So...Maby ill get the PD170 once i get a better job. :wink:
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I have only heard good things about the GL2. So obviously its good
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch