Ulead Cool 3D Studio

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Ulead Cool 3D Studio

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Has anyone used this program. It looks like it can generate some pretty cool animated logos and such. Plus I can get it 50% off, so I was wondering whether it is worth it, although I know what Jerry Jones is going to say. :wink:
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I guess no-one knows, or just hasn't bothered answering. I can't help I'm afriad, but thought I'd at least have the manners to reply and keep this thread going longer for you!
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Thanks, I had noticed. I would have though for sure that Jerry Jones would have replied :mrgreen:
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I haven't used it either. I figured that posting something would be just an excuse to get another post because anything I would have to say would not be useful! Try checking out the web for pages where people have spent the time writing them for people like you. :)
padawanNick

Post by padawanNick »

I have this program, but only used it once or twice.
Yes, I'm a HUGE Ulead MSP fan, but, having used Bryce & the dvGarange 3dToolKit, I was pretty disapointed with Cool3D Production studio.

For the price, I'd say that it's AWESOME at easlily making 3D animated logos.
It also has some really nice particle effects built in.
If this is all you want, then go for it.
You really can't get this functionality and easy-of-use for less money.

The one thing to know, however, is that it is not a full featured 3d CGI program that you can use to create realistic CGI elements and effects like spaceships and creatures and such. I've had a few people ask me if it would be good for this, since one of the big new features for this version is 3ds model imports.
The thing is that the texturing and lighting features are fairly limited, so you can't really create "realistic" animations like you can with more full featured CGI programs.

Hope this helps.
Have fun.
Jerry Jones

Post by Jerry Jones »

Ulead Cool 3D Production Studio is one of the EASIEST to learn 3D applications on the market.

I've written a simple tutorial about how to create a spinning Earth video using the Easy Pallette in Ulead Cool 3D Production Studio:

http://www.jonesgroup.net/spinningearthstepone.htm

Ulead Cool 3D Production Studio is used by some film studios for preliminary animatic modeling.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net