Universal Credits

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Universal Credits

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I was thinking. Among other things (General quality of film ignored) One person complained that the credits in Towel Man Episode 1 are to long. I figured out how to fix this easily. A seperate file on my website that shows the credits for everything else on there. That way, the need to download credits is completely avoided unless you say to get them. What do you think about this?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

OH! That took a moment to understand. You're suggesting that people are moaning that the credits are too long, taking up download time that could be going to the movie.

Okay, would this work: Would it be possible to sample the credits at a lower resolution or higher compression ratio (Smaller file size), and join them onto the movie that's a higher resolution? Can that actually be done mixing different resolutions together in 1 file?
Moderating behind the bushes!
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I mean a completly Seperate file. Universal Credits.Zip or something. It just says who did what for every movie there is on the site. No credits whatsoever on the actual movies themselves

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Yes, that's what I thought you meant, but I was adding a suggestion that you could keep it as 1 file if you could compress down the credits section somehow!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

hmm that might work camclub. i did notice your credits were rather long since you only listed 4 names and it took up 1 minute on your movie. it probably could have been done in 10 seconds. by the way your muzzle flashes are backwards (the larger end should be closest to the barrel) and they were quite large.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

yea. You don't need to tell me any problems with it, I already heard them all. About the muzzle flashes, it was my first time at doing them ever, and the re-started version will deffinatly be better