Music for movies - composer available

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Rico

Music for movies - composer available

Post by Rico »

Hi,

If anyone want scoring done for short films, trailers or such, just drop me a note and we can probably work something out.
I'm trying to learn to score for movies, so don't expect a Hans Zimmer or John Williams score, okay? ;)

I have samples on line, but prefer to send out what I think is suitable for Your project...

Regards,
Rico
TommyPollock

Post by TommyPollock »

Sounds cool. Just a quick question:

Will it be all copyright free etc? For example, if we were to distriubte the film in any way, would it be legal if it contained your works?

I would love to use this service some time in the future. However, in my next movie (a horror) i am attempting to compose everything myself, therefore making everything to do with the movie completely my property, freeing me of any legal issues. That will be a relief, because its annoying having to worry about distributing things when it bears others' work.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

It can't be copyright free, as soon as a work is created it is copyrighted. Now the copyright holder ( the creator) can transfer that copyright, place the work in the public domain, or - more commonly, license that work royalty free with both duplication and performance rights. The last allows the use of the work in your film, or for whatever teh license states, while allowing the copyright holder to maintain control of the work for any use beyond what was licensed. The license can be as simple as a statement that the creator, the owner of the copyright, grants you the right to use <Insert name of music here> in your film <insert name of film here>including but not limited to the rights of duplication and synchronization and any other rights as may be needed to produce the work < film name here> except the right to license the score for other uses or by the use of others.
If you are planning on entering your film in a festival, make certain you have a signed written document supporting your license, or title to the score to prevent any issues with the festival hosts.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Rico

Post by Rico »

I compose for free, at least for smaller projects. Put in other words - if no one else on the set gets paid I don't expect to get paid either. (if Steven Spielberg called and asked for some music, I think I would charge at least a couple of bucks :) )

So in effect this would mean that You can use the music in Your movie without paying me any royalites or so, as long as I get the credit for it. And if You'd like to use the music in another project I can't see many reasons for me to object to that, as long as I'm told about it. In the end it is just fun if people enjoy my music and want to use it...
I would also like to be able to use the music as I please, but personally it would probably only be for demo purposes, unless someone else would like to use the music in their project.

In the end, I think most people here are in this to have fun and make friends, so in practise it works out in the best way for everyone. At least it has so far...

Oh, and I would love to score a horror movie... ;)

Regards,
Rico
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

cool man, so you would work for totally free??? Because if so i might take you up on your offer. Because it is hard to find good music. I can write music but i perfer not to because I do everything else on the set.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Rico

Post by Rico »

Themovieman44 wrote:cool man, so you would work for totally free???
Uhm, yeah, for non-profit projects... Credits and hopefully some appreciation will do just fine :)
Because if so i might take you up on your offer. Because it is hard to find good music.
Well, now, I never said anything about good music, did I? ;) Some like what I do, but I've heard some negative comments as well - guess You can't please everyone, right? :)

As I wrote earlier, give me some ideas about what kind of music You're in need for, and I pick together some demos I think will show something along the lines You're after (if I have demos in that genre) and show what I can do...

Regards,
Rico
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Hey man to be able to post and say you are willing to compose means that you have confidence which means i have confidence in you and that you are good. It would probably be a dramatic kinda action soundtrack. but that wont be so soon seen as my camera is out of commision
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Rico

Post by Rico »

Themovieman44 wrote:It would probably be a dramatic kinda action soundtrack. but that wont be so soon seen as my camera is out of commision
Okay... Sounds like fun - just drop me a note when it's time. ;)

Regards,
Rico
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Totally cool, i sure will.