WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

www.atthefront.com is a VERY pricey place. For example, their reproduction 1936 suspenders are $50 each. Original, new condition ones will cost you less than $20.

Another great site that has been mentioned many times before: www.majorsurplusandsurvival.com

My personal favorite that offers at military prices (the cheapest): www.rddusa.com

Here is one with an outstanding Nazi selection, just redone their site too: http://www.ima-usa.com/index.php/cPath/14
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

lukeprausnitz wrote:what about ebay?
Ebay, i would guess has both good and bad, ups and downs in price and quality depending on what you are looking for, and who is actioning stuff at the time you are looking.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I just recently got one of those formal military suit hats, the flat ones. Does anyone know where I can get a badge for it, in particularly a paratrooper badge?
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I am sure you can find one around. I shouldn't be more than $5, I would think, unless you are looking for an authentic era issued one.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Most businesses won't abide to your wants, unless you plan to buys something extraordinary!

Most surplus stores should have insignias and pins like that, Gyro. And don't you tell me there aren't any surplus stores in Utah... I passed by many when I passed through the state! I do believe Utah is also home to one of the largest surplus providers in teh country. I might have passed it too, cause it was a HUGE warehouse with a wall that stated it's name: AMRY SURPLUS! If we hadn't been pressed to get back, I'd have stopped in!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Oh, there is plenty of surplus stores in utah, but so many of them have just converted into nothing but camping stores its depressing. But recently I havent had the time to get out and check.
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I know it. Ocassionally, I'll walk in pass by tents and Camo clothing, then more tents, and more clothing. "Ahem, where can I find the ammo pouches and helmets?" "Oh, we don't sell any." "But your sign said... erm nevermind, bye..."

Also sometimes stores sell a lot less than what they post on their websites too, it is sad.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

"we only sell steal pot helmets around halloween" What?!? it says ARMY NAVY store!
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Or it'll be: "Excuse me, how much is this helmet?" "$30" "Okay, where is the steel shell that goes with it?" "That's just for the liner."

Also, refrain from buying that fake camo clothing from clothing store like Mervyns. They'll charge $40 easily for their version of camo clothing when you can get the actual thing for $7.
Tobbger

Post by Tobbger »

I really want to take some shots of the swedish m/39 (2nd world war) gear to our film, Swedish Tigers. I will post them when I visit the studio with a good camera. This is the only thing I have at home. It's a original m/39 ammunition box. The rest (jacket, weapons, helmets etc.) is in the studio.

Tobbger

Post by Tobbger »

I found an old picture showing one of the actors playing around with the uniform. But as I said, I will take some more detailed and serious shots when I reach the studio. With marks and other details without anyone wearing it.

Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

That is pretty funny. :lol: I would just be scared of getting grass stains on the uniform.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Epsilon wrote:That is pretty funny. :lol: I would just be scared of getting grass stains on the uniform.
Well wouldn't they look better with a grass stain, more used and such.
Tobbger

Post by Tobbger »

Okay, here you go! Some desaturation pictures! :lol:

Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Here you go... My nazi impression uniform:

I hope you're all happy now. :P
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Man that actually does look like a nazi uniform, where'd u get it?
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
-DeadLogic-

Post by -DeadLogic- »

What did you do to the east german hat to make floppy? And where did you get that chain?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I'm guessing he bought a coat that had the right look to it, and then some patches and boom nazi uniform.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I've shown this coat before. It's an East German Border Guard uniform and hat. Same style, but I had to add some frontal decorations. The floppy hat I actually put a stitch from the rim to the chin strap chain. It looks authentic nazi now! The chain came with the hat, an officer or NCO designation. A black plastic strap designates an enlistee.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

Hey If you are looking for some awesome awesome blank firing guns for not to expensive got www.wildwestperformers.com I had great success with them I bought two guns from they both use the same bullets all the guns they sell use the same size bullets so you only have to buy one type.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

That's hardly WW2 related, but interesting nonetheless. Although, they used guns like that in the civil war, if anyone has a desire for making one such film.
-DeadLogic-

Post by -DeadLogic- »

Actually, they sell some Lugers and Mauser Pistols from what I've read so far, and maybe more as well!
-DeadLogic-

Post by -DeadLogic- »

How would I go about getting sparking fuse wire like the kind they would use on old-timey dynamite?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

don't they just use, string, or somthing like that, and then just light it with a match? or I could be way off.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I found twine rope used on packaging to burn up quite fast.
-DeadLogic- wrote:Actually, they sell some Lugers and Mauser Pistols from what I've read so far, and maybe more as well!
I did not see that.