Script for "A Taste of Armageddon"

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Script for "A Taste of Armageddon"

Post by foxwood »

Its an as yet untitled script about a battle between and angel and a demon, we are in preproduction right now, I just thought I would put the script up.

Since this is untitled I am looking for any ideas for a good title.

EXT FOREST DAY
We pan through the forest, through the trees, past the lakes and creeks, and the credits roll. We see slowly moving through the forest from tree to tree a small man. We can not see his face because it is masked; we see that he is well armed, as he continues to move through the woods.
We see him reach a small tombstone, covered over by years of moss. He looks around, and whips off the years of dirt to revel the name, BAAL. Quickly, at an almost fevered pace he starts pulling away branches, and bushes to revel, a very small tomb entrance. He gets on all fours and starts to work his way in jittery about what he has found.
CUT TO:
INT TOMB DAY
We see our skulking friend walking down a dark hall; his mag-light is all that illuminates the area around him.
He reaches a large alter room, and there sitting in front of him, ringed in fire, is BAAL, in human form. We can see that he is meditating. Dust and cobwebs cover his body and sword which is spread out across his lap.
The skulking man turns off his light and very slowly keeps walking forward.
CU the demons eyes, as they open. We see the demon rise, shaking off the years of dust. The skulking man immediately falls to his knees.
MAN
Master.
BAAL
What time is this?
MAN
2004 by the cursed Christian calendar...
Before he can finish the sentence Baal grabs his neck and hoists him up, like Darth Vader.
BAAL
Who sent you?
MAN
I came of my own accord.
BAAL
Where is Michael?
MAN
Who?
Before he can finish his sentence the demon reaches into his chest and removes the man’s heart causing him to go limp. The demon then drops the body.
He raises the heart to his face, obviously drawing energy from it. As he is doing this he squeezes, until the heart in his hand, until it oozes through his fingers, and then drops it to the floor.
CU his foot stepping on it as he walks away.
CUT TO:
EXT WALL DAY
We see a white wall, with the word "MICHAEL" scrawled across it in blood.
We pan up the wall into the blue sky.
CUT TO:
INT HEVEAIN
We are in a white room, there is no furnishing, it is just white, pure white. We see a flash of even greater brightness, and then see MICHAEL appear in the frame. He is an imposing figure; he is an Archangel. He has a skullcap on his head obscuring his face in shadow. He walks to the middle of the frame and bows down on one knee, and bows down, as anybody would do in the presence of GOD.
MICHAEL
You summoned me Lord?

GOD
The time has come; Baal has woken from his slumber, and is walking across the world again.
MICHAEL
I have felt him my lord. So it is time again…time to finish what began so long ago.
GOD
You know what must be done.
MICHAEL
Yes lord. "Blessed be your name my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
My goodness, and my fortress;
My high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and you in whom I trust.
He stands up.
CUT TO:
INT HEAVEN
We see Michael standing looking up, as the light and white saturation around him gets brighter, and in the background we hear a heavenly choir getting louder.
CUT TO:
INT CHURCH DAY
We pan into the sanctuary of a church we move past the pews and pan up to the cross. We hold there for a few seconds, and then pan back down.
We see a man praying before the altar; around him still falling are white feathers; this is MICHAEL in his human form.
He finishes his prayer and stands up and solemnly walks out of the church.
CUT TO:
EXT SUBERBIA DAY
We see Michael walking slowly down a suburban street calmly.
CUT TO:
INT BASEMENT DAY
We see Baal walking down a set of stairs, we see that he has much of the Skulking mans things, and this is his basement.
Baal reaches the bottom of the staircase and flicks on a light, and starts looking around. We see that the room in full of guns and many archaic, demonic, symbols.
CU his face as a smile comes across it.
CUT TO:
INT WEAPONS ROOM DAY
We see ARMOUR working on a gun, very into what he is doing. We see behind him tons of weapons, and swords, bullets, and just mounds of assorted weapons.
We hear the doorbell ring.
ARMORER
Damn.
He gets up and walks over to the door, he opens the door and we see standing their Michael.
ARMORER (CONT'D)
Who the hell are you?!
Michael says nothing and simply holds up his left hand with a golden ring with a red stone set in it.
ARMORER
The holy crest of…my god…it’s really you. The Archangel Michael. I was wondering when the next time I would see you would be.

MICHAEL
To soon unfortunately.
ARMORER
Always to soon, well come this way, I got some new really fun stuff for you; it would be amazing what we have come up with in the last fifty years since you were last down here.
They walk into the weapon room, and the Armorer sits down on his stool and turns around.
ARMORER (CONT'D)
Alright, so who are we hunting today? Some run of the mill demon? Vampires? Witches?...well it must be something big for God to have sent you.
MICHAEL
Baal.
ARMORER
Holy s***. (crosses himself) Well then you are going to need this.
He turns around and pulls out the biggest coolest assault rifle.
ARMORER (CONT'D)
The years of the flaming sword are over, this is the future, the Angelic Vengeance Assault rifle. Fires holy water dipped, papaly blessed 7.56mm full metal jacketed rounds, and just for some added fun we also have 20mm air burst rounds, just in case you need a little more firepower. We have a laser sight, for improved accuracy, a scope with infra-red, night vision, and digital vision enhancement. If there is any kind of evil that must be killed, well, this little bad boy can kill it.

MICHAEL
It lacks the elegance of the flaming sword.
ARMORER
Well, when you’re in mortal form, which you look to be, you have to even out the odds, and this isn't just an equalizer; this is a make-it-totally-unfair-for-the-evil-people weapon.
MICHAEL
I'll take it, but I still want a sword.
The armorer gets up and walks over to the swords.
ARMORER
Well then, take your pick. They are all good; best damn swords that you are going to find in the world.
Michael takes a sword.
MICHAEL
What else do you have?
ARMORER
We have a nice selection of pistols, so take your pick. And I'm guessing you’re going to want to see the new armor that I’ve come up with.
The armorer walks over to a sheet and removes it to reveal a kick a** suite of armor; we can see that it is built of Kevlar vests, with knee pads, and such. The underlying color is either black of Cammie colors.
ARMORER (CONT'D)
This is the latest in body armor protection. This thing will stop a .357 round dead on a point black range. Nothing is better. Gone are the days where you clank around in heavy metal armor, or go unpadded. Not only will it stop bullets it will stop a sword hit, unless it is some kind of ungodly sword.
MICHAEL
Thank you, this should help.
ARMORER
Hey, m’lord, I do what I can. Good luck, and take every last little goody that you can.
As he is finishing his sentence we hear a Fax going off in the background.
ARMORER (CONT'D)
Now who could that be? This might be important.
He walks over and pulls the photograph out of the Fax which has just stopped going. He looks at it for a second, and then hands it to Michael.
ARMORER (CONT'D)
You’re going to want to see this.
CU the picture, we see another bloody wall written there is, "Some place name".
MICHAEL
This is where he wants to meet.
ARMOUR
Where is "Someplace"?
MICHAEL
It is where we last met 500 years ago, and a large battle raged across the area, between our two armies. We won, but at a great price. His men were too attached to this world to send them back to eternal Damnation, and they have remained in Limbo ever since. Baal…he was of this world, both demon and human, and we could not kill him or banish him to hell. That is why he is still here and now free. All because we failed.
ARMOUR
Damn. Keep it. I guess I'm going to be doing lots of business if you fail.
MICHAEL
I don't think any of us will be doing any business if I fail.
CUT TO:
INT BASEMENT DAY
We see Baal, pulling out a large stack of weapons.
CU his weapons, we see hand guns, grenades, knives, a sword, ammo, tons of nasty s***.
CU his face as he smiles.
CUT TO:
INT WEAPONS ROOM DAY
We see Michael standing looking at his assemblage of weapons, we see that he is already in his new clothing except for the body armor.
Cu His face he takes a deep breath.
CUT TO:
INT BASEMENT DAY
We see Baal strap on a menagerie of belts and holsters.
CUT TO:
INT WEAPONS ROOM DAY
We see Mike pull on his Vest.
CU his knees as he puts on the pads.
Cu his shoulders and he puts on the shoulder pads.
CUT TO:
INT BASEMENT DAY
We see Baal Putting guns into his holsters.
CUT TO:
INT WEAPONS ROOM DAY
We see Mike putting on Holders, and putting in his pistols, and a large spec.
CUT TO:
INT BASEMENT DAY
We see Baal Putting his sword into his back.
CUT TO:
INT WEAPONS ROOM DAY
We see Mike put his sword into its holster.
CUT TO:
INT BASEMENT DAY
We see Baal crack his joints and walk out of the room.
CUT TO:
INT WEAPONS ROOM DAY
We see Michael take his rifle, load it, and pull back the bolt. He then whispers a quick prayer.
CUT TO:
EXT FOREST DAY
We See Michael, standing looking out over the forest before he starts, slowly and methodically walking through the trees, gun drawn and at the ready.
We see that he looks to be feeling the presence of Baal, and he keeps walking faster.
CUT TO:
EXT RIVER BED DAY
We are at a small river bed dip, we see above the small canyon, is a large tree that has fallen over and is lying across the gorge. Sitting up in that tree, is Baal, He is rather well hidden.
We see Michael walk into the area.
CU his hand we see a small ball is it. Then the ball lights on fire, and Baal throws it.
We see the ground beside Michael explode; he jumps to the side and gets behind a tuff of ground.
BAAL
Don't come any closer, my old adversary, but I'm glad to see that you came.
We see Michael raise his rifle, and start scanning the area.
MICHAEL
Show yourself Demon, and let us end this!
BAAL
Now where would the fun in that be?
We see that Michael has locked on to where Baal is hiding.
MICHAEL
I see you.
CU Baal through Michael’s scope, with the heat filter on.
CU he pulls the trigger.
We see the round rip through Baal’s arm; he drops another lit ball and grabs his arm.
CU the wound Baal sticks his finger into his arm; we hear a sizzling sound, as the wound is cauterized by his demonic ness.
We then see Baal jump down and draw his sword.
BAAL
Come out, little Angel, and fight me! Or are you too scared and want to hide behind your gun?
MICHAEL
Not at all.
We see Michael stand up from his position, and draw his blade as well.
BAAL
You know how long I have been waiting to kill you?
MICHAEL
Not long enough.
The two of them lunge at each other, and exchange a well choreographed exchange of blows, parries, all in all a very vicious sword fight. (Written out later), It ends, with Mike pushing Baal’s, blade from his hands and forcing him back.
Baal Jumps back into the tree, and pulls out his pistol and starts shooting at Michael as he just jumping up.
Michael Jumps out of the way grabbing his own pistols and stars shooting back. He runs for the tree, and jumps of and follows Baal, across the log.
They keep exchanging more gun fire, as they dart across the log, from branch to branch like little monkeys.
Finally Baal lands a shot in Michaels Chest that sends him reeling back into the ground.
CU Michael's chest, we see that the bullet didn't go in, but he looks to have had the wind knocked out of him from the fall. Baal Jumps down towards him, reloading his gun.
CU the barrel of the gun put to Michael's head.
Cu we see Michael reaching for his knife.
BAAL
Now it ends, you weak Archangel. Once I kill you, I can raise my army and storm the gates of Heaven!
MICHAEL
Not if I have anything to say about it!
Michael pulls out his knife, and jabs it into Baal's Leg, sending him to the ground. Baal pulls out the knife, and throws it at Michael, missing; he then pulls out his own knife.
CU Baal digs his hand into the wound and we see again that he cauterizes it.
Michael runs and grabs his knife. He pulls it out and turns around.
MICHAEL (CONT'D)
You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you?
They run at each other, exchanging a long barrage of knife swings and blocks, and kicks and hits, another very brutal throw down, to be choreographed later. As the fight is coming to an end, Baal Is able to get his knife across Michael's lover calf, sending him to the ground. We see him stumbling to get back up. The two of them come at each other again, and Exchange another round of knife blows, trying to get the other, Michael is grazed across the chest but is protected by his vest. In the middle of one of the hits, Baal Chops Michael across the neck sending him to the ground, before he can do anything Baal comes at him and delivers another hit to the back of his skull knocking him out.
We see Baal take a deep breath and start picking up weapons; he then walks over to Michael.
BAAL
I am not through with you my old nemesis, but you did put up one hell of a fight.
He starts to drag Michael away.
CUT TO:
INT TOMB DAY (BASEMENT)
We pan through the dark Tomb, we see Michael lying on an altar (table) tied up; we pan across the room and see Baal reading from a book of incantations. Beside him are Michael’s things, his weapons and body armor.
CU Michael's eyes, we see him open his eyes and look over towards Baal, and try and get up only to be held down by his bonds.

BAAL
Please, by all means struggle all you want; you are not breaking out of those bonds, and it will make this all the more enjoyable.
MICHAEL
What are you doing? Why didn't you just kill me?
BAAL
Because just killing you would not have been fun. And I need your blood.
MICHAEL
You wouldn't dare.
BAAL
Oh yes I would. You are not the first Angel that I have bled, and you will not be the last. But with the blood of an Archangel, I will be more powerful then any demon yet.
MICHAEL
You are going to attempt to free your army, aren’t you?
BAAL
How astute of you. Yes. With your blood I will be able to walk across all the plains of existence at will, and I will at last have the ability to make this world burn.
MICHAEL
You will be stopped.
BAAL
By whom?
MICHAEL
Heaven’s armies will defeat you again.
BAAL
Really? And pray tell who exactly is going to lead them?
MICHAEL
(Snarls)
Michael tries again to break free of the bonds.
CU a large evil looking dagger that Baal picks up, he then walks over to Michael.
BAAL
I would be lying if I said this isn’t going to hurt much.
We see him start to put the knife towards Michael's Arm. He lets out a scream as he pushes on his bonds, one of the straps breaks loose as he gets his arm closest to Baal free, and smacks the demon across the face causing him to drop the dagger. Michael then goes and frees his other straps and gets off the table, and goes for his things.
Before he can make it there Baal hits him, and a long unarmed fight starts as they get closer to the knife, and fight over that.
Finally the fight ends with Michael stabbing Baal and leaving him in a bloody mess.
Baal lets out an unholy roar and the tomb begins to violently shake. Michael quickly grabs his sword and runs out of the tomb.
FADE TO:
INT STREET AT NIGHT
Michael is walking along the street wearing a dark overcoat.
MICHAEL (V.O.)
Once again, good has prevailed over evil, but this victory is just as hollow as the others before. The mortal embodiment of Baal has been slain, but his spirit survives. How long until it finds another host, I do not know. Baal will never cease pursuing his desire to wreak hell’s fury on the mortal world, and I will never cease fighting him or the forces he commands. It is both my fate and curse. But as long as I exist, there is hope for humanity and heaven.
Last edited by foxwood on Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nutter25

Post by nutter25 »

Sounds like a Cool Film, Just Give it a Good Title and you're onto a winner here...
Brave Sir Robin ran away,
When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Ya defently need a cool title any ideas?
nutter25

Post by nutter25 »

Species of Demons, as Described by Alphonse de Spina (1467)
Fates, who alter destiny
Poltergeists, who cause mischief
Incubi and Succubi, who stimulate lust and perversion
Marching Hordes, who bring about war
Familiars, who assist witches
Nightmares, who disturb sleep through bad dreams
Demons formed from Human Semen
Disguised Demons
Demons who Assail the Saintly
Demons who Instigate Witchcraft

How about 'Saintly Assailant'?

PS: While researching this, did u know that something called 'Acham' is the demon of Thursday!! The Day of My Last Exam as Well?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I did not know that. I will say it looks like you did more reserch then I did, all I did was look through Angel names, and pick Baal from Diablo because I always liked that name.
nutter25

Post by nutter25 »

I'm glad someone's interested in what I say (it doesn't happen much), but what about the name?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I'll keep it in mind. I'll show the list to the guys later.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

It's interesting. Sounds almost like some kind of parody. "He turns around and pulls out the biggest coolest assault rifle." "The armorer walks over to a sheet and removes it to reveal a kick a** suite of armor"

It's good, but I dunno why, it just doesn't seem all that appealing to me.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

SgtPadrino wrote:It's interesting. Sounds almost like some kind of parody. "He turns around and pulls out the biggest coolest assault rifle." "The armorer walks over to a sheet and removes it to reveal a kick a** suite of armor"

It's good, but I dunno why, it just doesn't seem all that appealing to me.
Well its not a perody, thats like the only comic scene, well at lest you read it.
nutter25

Post by nutter25 »

Are u trying to say I didn't read it?

There's only three of us who answered this topic: you, obviously. SGTpadrino and me, so why say something like that unless u thought I didn't read it
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

He meant, even though he didn't like it, he's glad he at least read the script. Get it?
Erm... yeah...
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

BrownCowStudios wrote:He meant, even though he didn't like it, he's glad he at least read the script. Get it?
exactly, at lest you guys read it, because weather you liked it or not as long as you read it I'm happy.