Has any 1 got any ideas on making some1 look possesed

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

thomas24uk

Has any 1 got any ideas on making some1 look possesed

Post by thomas24uk »

Has any 1 got any ideas on making some1 look possesed, i look at some mask's but im not relly impressed thanks TOM :)
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Ask Ornsack, he's possesed with PARTYING! lol
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
santi
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by santi »

Hmm... ACTING is very important. If you'll find an actor with "rubber face" you can do alot without any special effect. (Spencer Tracy played transformation into mr Hyde without any makup). Forget about the mask unless you're making a comedy. Use some makeup: put some shades under eyes, make face very pale and lips blue. Messy and greasy hair would be nice. If you had enough cash - try contact lens.
You can also tranfsorm voice in the post to make it sounds deeper and more demonic.
Santi

"Corpse of your enemy always smells nice"

---------------------
http://sfx.com.pl/
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

1) Make up
2) colored eyes
3) acting
Sigs suck a**.
santi
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by santi »

I3lade203 wrote:1) Make up
2) colored eyes
Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed.
:wink:
Santi

---------------------
thomas24uk

hi

Post by thomas24uk »

Thanks 4 the advice, but im not to sure i like the idea of me wearing make up, but what the hell its all in the name of fun/film making :D
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

YES! I KNOW! Hypnotise them!!! :lol:
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

I can do hypnotism, Any1 ever heard of NLP?

(Neuro Linguistic Programming) - it's a way of re-programming your own mind and it works - The English youth national final U/15 boys hurdles 2003 was won by a boy with a broken foot! How did he do it? Because his father hypnotised him b4 the race. I know, because that boy was I!!

What am I getting at? - mental preparation is a v. powerful thing once you've mastered it, you all should be encouraging your actors to do this as it helps them actually BECOME someone else...

Just a suggestion...
thomas24uk

Post by thomas24uk »

and how do i master it? :?:
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

santi wrote:
I3lade203 wrote:1) Make up
2) colored eyes
Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed.
:wink:
You forgot acting. And thats all you need to make someone look possessed is good make up and some colored eyes. But it's the acting that really does it. Look at mushimans alien dawn 2, he has someone possessed in it with only green eyes but pretty good acting.

By colored eyes, I mean colored contacts of course. Not ordinary colored contacts, there are ones that make your eye completly white with a sort of zombiesh look to it, if you can find someone who can do neat tricks with their eyes and get them to wear the contacts and act good, then there you go!
Sigs suck a**.
santi
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by santi »

I didn't forget. You list acting on the third place and I think it's more important then make up or lens. You've wrote the same things that I did in different order. That's all.
Santi

---------------------
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I didn't even read your post.
Sigs suck a**.
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Caveman wrote:The English youth national final U/15 boys hurdles 2003 was won by a boy with a broken foot! How did he do it? Because his father hypnotised him b4 the race. I know, because that boy was I!!
That sounds a bit harsh, so you had a broken foot & your dad said, sod this, i'm going to hypnotise you so you win. Never mind if you can never walk on your foot again!
Good old winners ego. :roll:
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
Nomaden

Post by Nomaden »

Mushiman wrote:
Caveman wrote:The English youth national final U/15 boys hurdles 2003 was won by a boy with a broken foot! How did he do it? Because his father hypnotised him b4 the race. I know, because that boy was I!!
That sounds a bit harsh, so you had a broken foot & your dad said, sod this, i'm going to hypnotise you so you win. Never mind if you can never walk on your foot again!
Good old winners ego. :roll:
haha, I agree totally.. :D
Once upon a time, there were three little pigs and a big bad wolf...maybe you've heard it ;P
KeiserSniTT

Post by KeiserSniTT »

did he stand in front of you with a watch or something and tell you to win no matter what?
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Off topic
Sigs suck a**.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Acting is definitely very important, in fact, I'd say it's what's most important. Makeup is also helpful, colored eyes too, basically what everyone has said so far. I just want to add emphasis to the importance of good acting, because without it, no amount of special effects will make it convincing.

Only please tell me you're not making an Exorcist take-off film... please?
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah way to regurgitate everything we said.
Sigs suck a**.
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

lol soz - didn't see the replys.

Ma I wanted 2 go out nd win coz that's what sport's all about innit? lol! Neways I asked me dad 2 help me do it nd he did nd I might not have done it without him so itz all cool! - I was jus sayin how cool hypnotism can be...
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

Did anyone understand that last post? English, its a good idea.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, I didn't understand it either.
Sigs suck a**.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

translation:

lol sorry- didn't see the replies

I wanted to go out and win 'cause that's what sports are about, aren't they? lol! Anyway I asked my dad to help me do it and he did and I might not have done it without him so it's all cool - just sayin how cool hypnotism can be!

s*** man, even I understood that.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Well, I didn't really read it in the first place. :D
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Re: Has any 1 got any ideas on making some1 look possesed

Post by Epsilon »

thomas24uk wrote:Has any 1 got any ideas on making some1 look possesed, i look at some mask's but im not relly impressed thanks TOM :)
Stick a naked person of the opposite sex behind the camera. That'll do it as well.
the_satanic_COokie

Post by the_satanic_COokie »

It kinda depends on the type of "possession" you're going for.

The exorcist went with completely real and creepy, I mean a possessed person isn't going to look much different from a normal person they are just playing host to a demon. If you were a demon and you were inside someone else's body and you could alter your appearance to be as frightening as you want, what would you do? Carve things into your arms? Your face? stuff like that markings, creepy stuff, and not just pentagrams those aren't really scary anymore anyway.

BUT you could also go with the EVIL DEAD style of demon possession. In which the host dies as soon as the demon possesses them and then their body begins to rot, so after a few hours they are all jankity and gross. That's pretty cool... Also in the later evildead movies the demons altered their bodies to have like wicked looking teeth and stuff.

SO inconclusion it all depends on the type of movie you arem aking and how the demon possession applies to the story. I mean we all drive differently, all demons should possess differently no?

I'm making a demonistic movie right now and its more darkly humorous so ppls arms will be falling off and stuff as the demon is using their bodies. Also when two demons fight in other ppls bodies, they completely trash the bodies, becuase what the hell would they car about it? So they're constantly ripping each others limbs off...teehee...

~SiMS