anyone with a 3ccd and an older cam laying around

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Skitz-O-Phrenia

anyone with a 3ccd and an older cam laying around

Post by Skitz-O-Phrenia »

can you take a 5 sec vid of something with both cameras so us unfortunate souls can see the difference.
Thanks
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Lol, I have both, and no, I can't take the time, sorry.
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

C'mon I3lade203 'ol buddy, be a pal, friend, chum and just do it for the guy! :)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Tommrow, that is if I can find my old camera. I'm actually interested in comparing as well.
Sigs suck a**.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

i would but i have no where to upload the files! (ftp.matt.echowave.net doesnt work for me for some reason)
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Oh i dont have a place to upload.. I can give screenshots. I'm working on getting a 16 mm camera for a few days, if I do, i'll give you some screen shots comparing 1ccd, 3ccd, and film
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

ALove wrote:i would but i have no where to upload the files! (ftp.matt.echowave.net doesnt work for me for some reason)
There's your problem. It's ftp://matt.echowave.net and double check your IE settings with the help tutorial posted in my forum. It'll be sure to work then.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

There was a very good comparison from padawannick a coupleof months ago. He used deinterlaced screen captures. Any video compressed for internet will be really hard to tell the difference. It's when you are loking at full quality video you can really see. 6 seconds of high bitrate mpeg will still be something close to 15 - 20 MB.... hopefully you'll just take my word for it, since we are shooting the underground on a mixture of 3 chip and single chip cams ( along with a couple of hi-8 analogs that look pretty good within their use) the 3 chip cams definitely look better than the single.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

Epsilon wrote:
ALove wrote:i would but i have no where to upload the files! (ftp.matt.echowave.net doesnt work for me for some reason)
There's your problem. It's ftp://matt.echowave.net and double check your IE settings with the help tutorial posted in my forum. It'll be sure to work then.
nope it says it cant acess the server
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I3lade203 wrote:Oh i dont have a place to upload.. I can give screenshots. I'm working on getting a 16 mm camera for a few days, if I do, i'll give you some screen shots comparing 1ccd, 3ccd, and film
Hey you want to do me a big favor and shut the f*** up.....You have no respect for others and or their equipment. You only care about your own and lately I am sick an tired of it. You are not that great, we have never seen a film from you.....yet you always seem to be busy....A feature you say, call me in twenty years!!!! Constant spamming, replying for no reason. You were one who got on Truggy for spamming, shut up when there is no need for saying something.
Lol, I have both, and no, I can't take the time, sorry.
This didn't have to be said, nor did it accomplish ANYTHING! All you did was show off that you have two cameras...Oh Woohoo!
I'm working on getting a 16 mm camera for a few days,
Well this will never happen, mostly cause it's a waste of money....you rent the camera yeah cool you have a film on film...but now where is the hundreds of dollars you have to spend to process this film. I used to have a 16mm and I know these things trust me, you don't have the cash.... So do us all a favor and stop showing off and being so full of yourself, putting others down, wasting mine and many others time, and most of all, stop spamming
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Actually i'll be using 16mm for free. Converting will be done for free as well. I asked the guys at work whom have a 16 mm camera as well as everything required for converting, and they said they would be happy to let me run some tests on it, and convert it for me.

You were about to say this:

Listen to me you little cunting bollock, nothing is free, your mom is a hoe, she knows.

It's free becuase I know people.
Last edited by I3lade203 on Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Nothing is free, you are somehow going to get banged in the a** for being so nieve> Actually read the posts on here and maybe you can learn something.

I will read your response later.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

You should read before responding.. by the way.. i'm giving thought to what you said, and i'm going to A) stop spamming B) give good comments rather then bad, and if I have something bad to say, i'm going to at least tell how to imrpove.. I admit I have been being a bit of a b**ch to people latley, but people get what they give..
Sigs suck a**.
Skitz-O-Phrenia

I3lade203 wrote:...I admit I have been being a bit of a b**ch to people latley, but people get what they give..
because it was a response to my post are you saying that I am b**chy? or are you generalizing?
Skitz-O-Phrenia

Raptor wrote: 6 seconds of high bitrate mpeg will still be something close to 15 - 20 MB.... hopefully you'll just take my word for it
I do believe it but i just want to see before I start to shop around cause I dont think anyplace will let me take home a camera for "testing". I have the room and bandwidth on our server to setup an ftp noprob if someone is willing to make the files andupload them.
thanks
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

I can do the difference between a normal 3CCD camera & a Canon XL1 if you like & there is a big difference...
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Skitz-O-Phrenia wrote:
I3lade203 wrote:...I admit I have been being a bit of a b**ch to people latley, but people get what they give..
because it was a response to my post are you saying that I am b**chy? or are you generalizing?
No.. I'm saying I have been on peoples backs a little bit latley..
Sigs suck a**.
KeiserSniTT

Post by KeiserSniTT »

do that, mushiman! I'd really like to see the difference!
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

KeiserSniTT wrote:do that, mushiman! I'd really like to see the difference!
I will, when i have time & Ian either lends me his camera or helps me. :)
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]