WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

wrinkledmonkey

Post by wrinkledmonkey »

The way you can tell if an M1 helmet is a WW2 manufacture or not is by the fold along the brim of the helmet. Every "steel pot" has a metal fold that folds back onto the helmet. Along the fold, there will be vertical cut called a seam. If the seam is in the front, the helment is a pre 1945 helmet. If it is in back, it is either a really late war helmet or it is a post war M1 steel pot.

If you can find any front seam WW2 helmets, i would be interested in three of them if they are 5 dollars each.

wrinkledmonkey@yahoo.com
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

The way you can tell if an M1 helmet is a WW2 manufacture or not is by the fold along the brim of the helmet. Every "steel pot" has a metal fold that folds back onto the helmet. Along the fold, there will be vertical cut called a seam. If the seam is in the front, the helment is a pre 1945 helmet. If it is in back, it is either a really late war helmet or it is a post war M1 steel pot.
Generally that's the rule though AFAIK they were making rear-seams pre-1945.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Okaaaaayyy.... Can tallman_house_pictures please answer my question..... About posting the $5 helmets to Melbourne? Also, that German helmet that you used in The Lost Sargeant Pt. 3, is exactly the smae as mine, except I painted mine black. :D
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

what colour did tallman paint them? i thought they were suppsoed to be black
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

He left them green, thats how they come. with a black brim
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

spoonstudiosintl wrote:On topic, if anyone needs some M1 helmets, I'm making a run up to helmet mountain. 5 bucks each if you want some. Contact me rapidly.
$5 for authentic ww2 helmets?? I'll take a dozen! I seriously, doubt they're ww2 for that cheap. Probably Vietnam era ones. The biggest giveaway is by just looking at the chin straps. :)
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

yeah, it dosent matter on film to me though! I have 4 Vietnam helmets! :D Epsilon, could you PM me or email me (Preferably) a tutorial on 3dsmax for the exploding man? and the nuke? :D thanks:D
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Good lord... it took my a month, on and off, to create that nuke! :shock: Learn the basics first and you shouldn't have a problem figuring out the concept! If you can make and animate a model, then I can help you a bit with the texturing.

I only have one Vietnam helmet, sad really.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I have had 3dsmax 5.1 for about 3 years now! I havent really done much, just particles, animating etc. I cant model for s***, but im good at animating SPFX etc.. post a tutorial on the Exploding Man! :D
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

5.1 hasn't been out for three years yet... :|

You can't go very far if you cannot model, that's the heart of the 3d modeling, hence the word: modeling. Learn it! If you can't model, how do you expect me to explain something trivial like blowing up a model of a man?
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Shipping price to melbourne is........
Economy (Surface) Parcel Post 4 - 6 Weeks $22.80 Max. length 42", max. length plus girth 79"

OR

Airmail Parcel Post 4 - 10 Days $36.50 Max. length 42", max. length plus girth 79"

This price is for three helmets.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/speed.asp?Countr ... Contents=1
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

spoonstudiosintl wrote:Why is it that every time we make 10 decent posts, we make 5 lousy ones about how cool it is we post so much. Honestly, you'd better hope the mods don't trim the fat, we'll be back to 20 pages.
I have no idea, it's just how this thread seems to run.
Sigs suck a**.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Damn, it just seems cheaper to buy them for AUD$35 here... :(
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

If anyone is interested, and for some perverse reason on at this time, I'm making a run up to helmet mountain. And Epsilon, there are WWII steel pots there, ya just gotta hunt. Gyro and I have 3 of 'em. I can't promise to get any WWII ones, they take hours to find. If any of you want helmets, they're 5 bucks each, you gotta send us shipping too. The only thing is you gotta shoot me an e-mail at my address, spoonstudiosintl@hotmail.com before 3 pm MST today. Otherwise, you'll have to wait.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Epsilon wrote: $5 for authentic ww2 helmets?? I'll take a dozen! I seriously, doubt they're ww2 for that cheap. Probably Vietnam era ones. The biggest giveaway is by just looking at the chin straps. :)
Actually they are reall WWII helmets, and frankly I can get them for 2 dollars if I wanted, I already have about five of 'em and about 15 vietnam ones. So if you want any Epsilon, let me know, we'd be glad to help you out.
@seanbagley
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

i got my shop teacher to help me make a replica k98 and the best part is its free!!! :lol:

did i mention its free?!?!? :P
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Epsilon we get them at Smith and Edward's Surplus Store, that GIGANTIC surplus store you were talking about earlier, mountains of helmets.
@seanbagley
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Do the helmets have liners? I can get pristine Vietnam era helmets with liners and camo covers for $20 Canadian, which works out to like 15 bucks American. All my woodworking experience is self taught, you can work wonders with a jigsaw, a spokeshave, some sandpaper and patience. The best tip is to make a detailed plan of everything first, then cut it out from a template. Never work freehand.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I get Pristine Vietnam helmets with shell, liner, chinstrap, camo cover, and the camo cover strap/band for AUD $35 each which works out to be $24.41 US. :D :( :cry: although i can get cheap WWII Australian helmets for the obvious reason. :D
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Dude, come up with a more creative name, because yours half sounds like a ripoff of Tallman's "D-Day Plus Six".

I might film a WWII movie next summer... Pacific theatre of operations, which will be tricky, since in this rural community there's barely any people of asian decent to be found.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

At the moment I am done with WWII films, but will most likely put together a small bulge film this winter for a contest.
@seanbagley
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Speaking of WWII films, I'm making a bulge movie to win this movie contest. Me and 13lade have had some laughs about this. One of the main reasin I want to enter is cause i want to beat this jack@$$ who wins every year by making WWII or supposedly WWII films. His films are horable. He doesnt have much software so he films it all on one cut, meaning he pushes record and doesnt stop until the movies done. Hw has cr** titles, his costumes ade casual clothes with futuristic starwars, and other dollar store guns, he has no special, or visual effects. When theres a greanade explosion, he lights a match, zooms in on it, and all the cast and crew Yell BOOM as loud ad they can. lol.......its so halarious to watch....i could go on for awhole page on how pathetic this guy is. In the interview he had with a local news station, hes all cocky. "Well i think our iflms are the best cause i put in 24 month of fundrasing, and spent $1000 on my camera and software. I also took 6 month to put together the costumes."

Yeah, so Im gonna enter a Buldge film and kick his @$$. And i get $1000 bucks as the prize.
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Eh, help me come up with a title please! :D I'm desperate!!!!!! :twisted:

BTW, that guy Tallman was complaining about (He seemed to have good reason to) seemed like a REAL amateur! how does he win the competitions? does he bribe/have sex with the judges?
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

Who's making a wwII film then ?
Title: "Together We Fight"
Running Time: 30 min
Description: (See earlier post)

I doubt I will get it done any time soon, I'm still collecting & making props, writing script, etc.

Photos:

Colt (Yeah looks more like a Brownings, I know)

Thompson:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/buletz/proudmandownsig.jpg[/img]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I've had similar accounts with film contest, I entered a short film Cessna Cash into a local contest last year and it went all the way to state pulling in three trophies for me, but was shut down by an non-edited, camera with the dates on it, 2 minute, house shot, girl running, star wars music on boom box in the background, peice of horrible cr** film.
@seanbagley