WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Just bought this off eBay:

Finally found a nice ww2 shirt that is my size, 16!
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Hey, that Thompson is looking MUCH sexier Col. Sahb, nice to see someone putting a great effort into homemade guns. When does she go to paint?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Ive made a Steel and Timber Thompson M1928 with some plans i found in a book. :D i'll post pics soon. Col. Sahb has seen it, whaddaya think Josh?
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

Its noice, you did a good job. I've always liked the M1A1 better though :)
Hey, that Thompson is looking MUCH sexier Col. Sahb, nice to see someone putting a great effort into homemade guns. When does she go to paint?
Thanks UFP! Umm I may get around to doing it next weekend actually, although the barrel is a bit dodgy. Any ideas on what to use to create a metallic look for the metal parts? I was thinking of using black metallic spraypaint with a small amount of silver on the edges, but it may look a little too shiny.
someone putting a great effort into homemade guns
A great effort takes a lot of time...lol
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/buletz/proudmandownsig.jpg[/img]
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

It does! That Thompson took me totaled up about 11 hours! over 2 days that is! :D 9 hours designing and making, 2 hours painting and varnishing! :D
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

To get a metalic look use the darkest silver spraypaint you can find, then before it dries mist the whole thing over with black. Don't use a lot just hold the can about two feet away from the prop and give it a quick spray, so it tints the silver to a darker gunmetal kind of colour. Also gloss black works well, if its a little too shiney, dirty it up a bit with, well, dirt. It will make the prop look used, which is good, unless your character just shipped off from basic training.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Can anyone help me with a title for my film? It involves 4 101st paratroopers holding a crossroad... :D thanks
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

Why not just call it The Crossings of War or Crossroad or something...

Or Verge of Attack...

I dunno lol.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I cant call it Crossroad, that relates too much to the Britney Spears movie..... :(
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Back on topic Please...Col. Sahb, in your Profile you can change ur web address to www.proudmandown.tk, that way, people can just click on the "www" button :D
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I have finished my script, first draft, here it is -- PDF 100kb, ignore the first page, i did it in Final Draft

http://matt.echowave.net/uploads/first_film_script.pdf

(250th post! :twisted: )
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

hrmm... is this just a short? Cause there isn't too much... how can I say this, movie involved.
@seanbagley
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

NaziSentry wrote:Back on topic Please...Col. Sahb, in your Profile you can change ur web address to www.proudmandown.tk, that way, people can just click on the "www" button :D
tried going to www.proudmandown.tk, didnt work
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

UFProductions wrote:To get a metalic look use the darkest silver spraypaint you can find, then before it dries mist the whole thing over with black. Don't use a lot just hold the can about two feet away from the prop and give it a quick spray, so it tints the silver to a darker gunmetal kind of colour. Also gloss black works well, if its a little too shiney, dirty it up a bit with, well, dirt. It will make the prop look used, which is good, unless your character just shipped off from basic training.
Use Testors paint. It's the best stuff used in models mainly and never comes off in usage.
NaziSentry wrote:I have finished my script, first draft, here it is -- PDF 100kb, ignore the first page, i did it in Final Draft

http://matt.echowave.net/uploads/first_film_script.pdf
See what I mean by people arbitrarily uploading multiple thing on my server without asking? :|
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

Back on topic Please...Col. Sahb, in your Profile you can change ur web address to www.proudmandown.tk, that way, people can just click on the "www" button
My sig is an old one... That link has been dead for a couple of months so I did not put it in my profile.
tried going to www.proudmandown.tk, didnt work
Precisely lukeprausnitz :D Jordan, did you even try going to it?

Anyway back on topic, what should I use to write my script?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Use Testors paint. It's the best stuff used in models mainly and never comes off in usage.
Bah! That stuff costs too much, with proper aplication you can blend any two colours of spraypaint, and it's way cheaper to do on a large scale, also Testors soaks into wood, so you have to apply several coats. And finally, if you don't apply it right you get brush strokes, unless you airbrush it, In which case it would just be easier to spraypaint. Painting plastic on the other hand... yes Testors is better for that.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

I'm thinking about ordeering some great WWII cr** soon, but right now I'm thinking about switching it to the pacific theatre of the war... It gets pretty jungly around here in the summer (see Jaws of Burma thread). I sorta want something original though, and I dont think WWII is the step to take for originality, since I've done that already (albiet sloppily). Any suggestions on a project to take on next (WWII or otherwise) would be appreciated. Dont need to go in depth, I just want some direction towards a genre.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

UFProductions wrote:Bah! That stuff costs too much, with proper aplication you can blend any two colours of spraypaint, and it's way cheaper to do on a large scale, also Testors soaks into wood, so you have to apply several coats. And finally, if you don't apply it right you get brush strokes, unless you airbrush it, In which case it would just be easier to spraypaint. Painting plastic on the other hand... yes Testors is better for that.
Yes, he was talking about metallic looking paints. And the only thing I know of that would work better are of some industrial steel spray paints my father uses. But Testors are cheaper and practical.

Whatever you do, don't waste a can of good Testors paint on wood! :) Buy cheap stuff for stocks so you can repaint if needed. BUT if you really wanted an authentic look, varnish it. ;)
wrinkledmonkey

Post by wrinkledmonkey »

Hey deadlogic, if you want to a non WW2 jungle movie, you have a lot of options. obviously, you could do the 'Nam but there are other war movies you could do in a jungle setting. you could do a movie about the various other political revolutions in southeast asia such as the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia or you do a movie about the Chinese invasion of Vietnam.

And of course, you could do a movie about some of the South American revolutions in the 80's where the United States sent weapons, supplies, and CIA operatives. A movie like this would actually be quite cheap because you could use a mixture of modern military gear and weapons.

There is also the post colonial revoultions in during the cold war. You could do a movie about european mercenaries in one of these war. You could also use a mixture of gear and weapons for this.

If you want to do a Vietnam movie you can go to Moore Militaria to do research on the types of uniforms you will need. They also sell used and reproduction nam uniforms and gear.

http://www.mooremilitaria.com/

if you want reproduction VC uniforms go to Sampan Import Company. You can get a ton of stuff there.

http://sampanimportcompany.goemerchant2 ... ortcompany
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

wrinkledmonkey, I say this to everyone, MooreMilitaria.com is amongst one of the most expensive Vietnam surplus stores I've found!

And whatever happened to WW2??? Within that last page, I was one of three memebers that actually posted something topic-related and was completely ignored! (Where that shaking head smile?)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

:dammit: :offtopic: :spam:
SEE!!! What is this??? You aren't helping, Gyro!!!

Back to outfits and gear now!

What are some cheap modern look-a-likes to vintage ww2 infantry pants? I have heard Greek military pants are close.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Yeah, Epsilon, I saw that they used Greek Combat pants for saints and soldeiers. THey were selling some from the set, but now they've stopped.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Was that the time you got helments for what, 2$ a piece?
Sigs suck a**.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I bought three helmets from them for 15 dollars as apposed to what I can get three for now: $6
@seanbagley
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Oh, price deffintly went down, It's about 12 $ for 3 helments for me.
Sigs suck a**.