Adobe Premiere Malfunction

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Jason

Adobe Premiere Malfunction

Post by Jason »

I'm just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone:

I tried to open a project today and everytime it gets about halfway loaded that "Adobe Premiere needs to close" box pops up and ends the program. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your feedback
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Well sure! Every program has it's bad days. If it's constant then it'll cause problems.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Uninstall, restart, reinstall, shut down, and shut back on later and then try. Like epsilon said, sometimes programs just get cr**. Check your prossessies when editing, close EVERYTHING but premire, other programs viruses trojians ect. sometimes cuase things to just shut down or shut off.
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Also make sure you have suffice memory! :D
Jason

Post by Jason »

I've tried everything and it still won't open...

This doesn't look good.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

reinstall
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

are you trying to open up an existing project? or does it shut down only after trying to start the program. because it you are trying to open a project then it could be a corrupt file. otherwise try what everyone else has been saying. could be missing a file or something that is necessary for premiere to run correctly. have you run premiere fine in the past?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

If it's worked before, chances are good a start-up file was corrupted. Perhaps a newly installed program changed a few things around in the system registry.
Jason

Post by Jason »

it did work before, and I haven't deleted anything that would have messed anything up. I haven't even installed anything new either.

It is an existing project.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

There is also the possibility of spyware, adware, viruses, data miners, etc... Have you run any of those checks lately?
Jason

Post by Jason »

Hey good news, I managed to find a disc that had most of the work saved on it. I'll just work on it from there. Thanks for the advice though, I do need to defragment my hard drive now that I think about it.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I was going to say ***<<<LAST RESORT>>>*** Re-Format.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Formatting your disc is not a last resort at all, it's the opposite, a guarenteed loss of all data you may hope to recover.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

while we're on the topic of premiere pro malfunctions, i have a scene from my movie edited in premiere and it refuses to export it. it gets to a certain frame and just freezes. all my other scenes work fine and i've tried multiple export formats (divx, WMV9, huffy UV, quicktime etc) and they all do it. any thoughts?
Jason

Post by Jason »

the same thing has happened to me...but I just changed the format to DV AVI and it works then. Perhaps it is an issue with disk space, or memory? Try emailing premiere techinal support and see what they have to say.