WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

justinbutcher wrote:hey NaziSentry, were are you getting those gun!!!! I want to try making a few garrands for props. My aunts boyfriend has four real ones and my grandpa is good with wood so i thought i could trace around one onto a board and then sand it down till it looks half way decent. has anybody else done that? if so how did it work?
Well, if youre in Melbourne like me ring up AFV Components in Mordialloc

I dont have the number on me but the address is 43 DeHavilland Rd. Mordialloc

EDIT: If youre family has real ones. Youre not in Australia.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

justinbutcher wrote: hey NaziSentry, were are you getting those gun!!!! I want to try making a few garrands for props. My aunts boyfriend has four real ones and my grandpa is good with wood so i thought i could trace around one onto a board and then sand it down till it looks half way decent. has anybody else done that? if so how did it work?
Great, just don't sand it, so long as you value your arms. Get yourself a spokeshave and learn how to use it and the world's you oyster! (The prop-gun making world that is.) And don't trace it. It's great that you've got a real one for reference, bu make up a template out of thin cardboard or thick paper first, that way all od your rifles will come out looking the same. Tracing is too innacurate.
Last edited by UFProductions on Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

im sure you can get fireamrs in australia with a license. over ehre, you can but it costs about £500 a year for the license without a discount. farmers get shotguns for cehaper i think, and soldiers get free glocks
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Well you CAN get a gun license here for $50 or so (you need training obviously) and you CANNOT have semi-automatic weapons (except pistols) or automatics. (were not that crazy) Therefore no M1 Garands
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

NaziSentry wrote:Well you CAN get a gun license here for $50 or so (you need training obviously) and you CANNOT have semi-automatic weapons (except pistols) or automatics. (were not that crazy) Therefore no M1 Garands
Can you tell me how an M1 fits those catagories?
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

M1 Garand is semi-auto and is not a pistol... :lol:

I need some 101st airborne patches. Anyone know where to find some that don't cost $6US and are half way across the world? I suppose I could get them done somewhere, like those places where you get the logos sewn onto the clothing? ahh well...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/buletz/proudmandownsig.jpg[/img]
spoonstudiosintl

Col.Sahb wrote:
M1 Garand is semi-auto and is not a pistol... :lol:
Then how is a pistol not a semi-automatic?
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

it is but its the fact it's a rifle that makes the difference. Sahb, goto Mitchells Adventure I just bought 4 for my movie they were $4.50 each. pics --

Or you can order them from Wellington Surplus ($8.50 ea goto the "others" section then "patches") --

www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/main.html (these ones)

I bought these yesterday

Shirt $10

German Field Cap $5

Pistol Belt $7

Aluminium water bottle anc over w/pistol belt hooks $10

Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

Awesome. Thanks NaziSentry.
Then how is a pistol not a semi-automatic?
Could be an auto, a Glock 18 or something. Or a flintlock pistol, pirate style - ARRRRH! :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/buletz/proudmandownsig.jpg[/img]
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Nice canteen. Whats the condition like, is it a new reproduction or an original? If so, what's the Bakelite like, and is the cork intact? I'm looking for a modern reproduction of a WWII canteen that I can actually put water in.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Hehe, im so excited, getting my .45 1911 blank firing gun :)
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

you could always just get a plastic canteen and paint it mettalic, probably cheaper
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Don't want it for WWII movie stuff, I'm just looking for an old (or new repro), metal canteen I can use while camping/hiking etc...
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

why metal? plastic is lighter
spoonstudiosintl

OH DEAR JESUS THE THREADS GOT CULLED AGAIN!

On topic, he wants it metal because canteens were made of metal during the war, just like everything else.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

i now have a complete german outfit. my friend had a helmet and it was spanish civil war and i was like can i have that and he said sure. so i got a metal helmet and a makeshift german outfit. (except pouch is us, plan to get some german ones.(mp40))
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, I think we should stop fretting about losing pages, it's become a sort of creepy fixation now. And we'll be up to 100 by Christmas anyhow.
spoonstudiosintl wrote: he wants it metal because canteens were made of metal during the war, just like everything else
Correct, it's not the practicality of the canteen, it's the novelty that I want it for. And it would be nice to have a metal canteen that I can actually drink from in my movies. If I need light-weight and indestructable I've got my carbon-copy, just like evryone else has Nalgene lexan bottle.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Good Ol' Deady! Good to see you on here! Ha! Can't wait to see some of the pictures. I recently bought a trench coat, will post pictures soon.
@seanbagley
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

got my british army dress greens yesterday, green jacket, green trusers, green peaked hat, khaki shirt and brown tie. very itchy. will try to post some pics
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

HMmm, they seem to have deleted my previous post... Either that or it dissapeared on it's own.

I was saying, I got my M41 and trouser belt in the mail the other day, now I essentially have all my WWII gear. I'll post pics from saturday's event when I get back.

It'd be great to get some people here from the northeast to join my unit. Anyway, life on the outside it good. I'll be back in a week or so to post my pics. Until then, keep the thread alive!
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Wow. I just came back from seeing The Producers for the second time and the usher growled at me (seiously!) for taking pictures.. :cry:

They are aluminium and are cheaper than plastic and lighter and more durable than plastic and they come with a cover.

CULLED AGAIN!!!!! AWWWWWWWW!! WHY! Which moderator was it.... :twisted: time to pull out my flamethrower... :twisted:

There will be no flamethrowers aimed at Mods - Such actions will result in retributions!
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Theres so many bullsh!t posts in this thread that I cant blame them. Come on, it's still the most kickass thread on the forum (strated by ME, of course).

To stay on topic, I just got my new web gear package in the mail today. I am unbelivably excited for my WWII reenactment this friday. I really really want to get some good pics for you guys so you can get a sense of what real war looks like :) ! I am the helpful medic who will be aiding the 5th Rangers Company C, in thier attempts to overcome the sigfried line. Adequate gear pics will most certainly provided after the event!

I CANT WAIT!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It's great to hear from ya, DeadLogic!

Actually, my avatar is a photo I took last thursday. I went to school in uniform. :) Right now, my next items I am planning to buy is an M41 jacket, service shoes (At The Front has them again!), overseas cap, a bayonet, and an extra pair of leggings. Then I'll look for a decent dress tunic, and then I'll have a complete, authentic impression!
NaziSentry wrote:Well you CAN get a gun license here for $50 or so (you need training obviously)
A Federal Firearm License in the United States costs $250 for 3 years. Many arms don't require a lisence though, just a background check and some other legal paperwork.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Found out the only weapon-related license fee is a collectors license - $30 the rest are free. (training isnt)
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

what the hell is an overseas hat?
epsilon, you went to school in uniform?! didnt other people make comments? im considering gong in my dress greens next non-uniform day at my school for charity

Armistice day today