animated blood squirt

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

poonhead

animated blood squirt

Post by poonhead »

I am in the middle of a zombie movie, and have shot a few scenes that don't have nearly enough blood. I want to add some blood squirts with premier, and I'm wondering if you guys have any. I mean, I don't want to draw the animated squirt, because I want it to look realistic, and I don't have any blue screen or anything to squirt blood in front of. I guess I'm hoping that there exists blood squirt avi files or gif files that are similar to those explosion files with the black background that can so easily be integrated into old footage.
I also think squirting blood in front of a blue/black/white screen would be hard because the wet blood is so reflective that it would pick up some of the colours that would be keyed out. Shrinking the final animation would probably cure that... I hope.
Any other ideas are greatly welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

At lest you are useing CGI as a final and not because you were lazy. Build a small Blue screan and then try the blood out. I fear though that you are going to need a 3d program to do what you want, because liqueds are hard to do artifisaly.
XeFx309

Post by XeFx309 »

Why would you need a 3d program? Can't you use Premiere and Photoshop?
poonhead

anyone up for it?

Post by poonhead »

I guess nobody wants to do it for me? Yea, I know it sounds lazy. I just don't want to go through all the work of making a screen etc. I'm busy editing, scoring, and still have half a movie to shoot (this time with more blood on-set.)
I figure everyone could use a good blood squirting avi file. Just like everyone could use good explosions like these:
http://www.detonationfilms.com/free_stuff.htm
Grant

Post by Grant »

No sorry i have not seen any like that around
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Or you could spimply leave those parts as is, and they just won't be as gory, hell my film isn't nearly as bloody as I wanted it to be, but there is nothing I can do about it.
GITPF

Post by GITPF »

why cant you do it for real at your shot? Is it a problem of not enough blood, because its easy to make. There are recipies all over the place ( i've made like 2 gallons and it has lasted for a long time)
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

if you read his post, he says the footage is "old", wich means he can't do it again (or doens't want to)

correct?
http://www.shuttlesim.be
poonhead

Post by poonhead »

Yea, I had made lots of blood to shoot with and I still have gallons of blood to finish shooting with. But my actors are my friends, and they work for free, and they all have full time jobs... which means reshooting is impossible because shooting in the first place is almost impossible. The first couple fights with zombies are already done, and aren't very wet. Limbs are ripped off and people are bitten and the biggest flaw is too little blood.
http://gumezine.tripod.com/adamatts.html
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Prehaps what you could do is when it is things like limbs getting riped off, reshoot some close ups of the limb getting ripped off, with that would wouldn't need the actor, just maybe an person to help, and just get it to look like the actual scenae, it might work if you are very careful.
hanasand

Post by hanasand »

Why all these post's about the same f***in' blood?! Anyways, couldn't Matt put up an own section or something for it. It kind of floods the forum.. Maybe that's just my opinion.
- ..:There is no spoon:.. -
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Because we all tend to make bloddy films, and the use of blood corectly is an art, look how mis-used it has been over the years, as I say we should talk about it as much as we want, to fearther the art of cheep gore.
poonhead

Well said foxwood.

Post by poonhead »

If you don't like the thread, don't read it. I am reminded of a quote from Stuart Gordon, the director of Re-Animator: "More blood is not enough."
hanasand

Post by hanasand »

Damnit you don't understand me. Im not saying it's posts I dont like (or kind of, but my opinion on that doesn't matter). It's just that since there is so many of these post about blood and stuff there should maybe be an own section for it. Like: Physical effects or something.
- ..:There is no spoon:.. -
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Prehaps, take that up with Matt.
XeFx309

Post by XeFx309 »

Poonhead, if you do get to finishing your movie will you show it to us?
poonhead

Absolutely!

Post by poonhead »

But it is quite far from finished. I think I will put up a clip or two of what is already edited.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

That would be great, want to see the bloody thing, and I mean bloody in the good red way.