WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Hmm, do you have the latest version of quicktime installed?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Hey, that's pretty damn good there Nazi, sound would make it awsome though! :D The problems I've had with YouSendIt before are when you just click the download link, instead of Right-Click, Save Target As. Doing that seems to always work.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Hey thanks, i just made a RagDoll using the tutorial and reactor, using the Havok physics engine, does the rest itself.. eg. makes the objects solid, affected by gravity etc. Ill upload some more of guys getting hit by cars, smashing through brick walls etc.

Although some can go from 20MB to 80MB
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

NaziSentry wrote:Hmm, do you have the latest version of quicktime installed?
no i dont
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hmm, NaziSentry... that's a very good start. Next I would apply a basic motion blur and play with some traced lighting to get a smooth shadow. You can even play with the textures some more to get the objects to sort of "glow" and appeal. But lighting the scene would be a drastic improvement, you will find. I would step away from the ragdoll for a bit and work basic modeling a Lot until it becomes second nature. Even I am still a bit weak on modeling within max. It's tough stuff!

Find some tutorials online and have some fun! You can learn a lot fast.
Gyro wrote:How much Epsilon?
I think something around $40 is appropriate for a pack with a 1910 pouch, less for one with repairs. I only have one 1928 pouch at the current time. And they Did use WW1 meat can pouches in WW2 quite frequently, many even had the two belt straps in the back replaced with a single. I have two of those conversions.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

it worked now, very good nazi sentry
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Why thankyou! Epsilon, when I do use motion blur on ragdolls, this weird blur occurs on limbs etc. its hard to explain butr it look like a blur of multiple legs etc. looks really bad. Ill post some other work some other time. until then, suspense will kill you... :lol:
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

i hate it when suspense kills me
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It sounds as if you are applying ghosting, though used for viewports. I like to avoid Reactor for the most part, it tends to be sorta stubborn in animating. You need to play with it a lot.

Select the object(s) you want blurred, right click and select properties. Then select Image burring, rather than Object. you can set the amount you want it to blur as well. That's the best way for a simple blur. It defaults to sampling the directional blur 12 times, which should look fine.

Advanced motion blurring requires multuple passes, this is really necessary for fast moving items that curve a lot. Unless you are rendering in Mental Ray, scanline requires you have a camera and you set the multipasses in the modifier. It's really cool stufff. It takes a Loooong time to render but it's awsome. Try around 12 passes for a smooth blur or 6 or so for a faster render. You should have the basic blurring disabled for the multipasses, sometimes the doubled results comes out quite interesting! :)

You can also use depth of field multipasses which is really cool as well and add a big "3d film" aspect to the renders.
montezumas_revenge

Post by montezumas_revenge »

o a counter terrorist falling down the stairs clever!
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

Hey guys, not sure if you all remember me :lol:

I see this thread has grown quite a bit, regardless of mod clipping...

Who is still working on a WWII movie? I haven't seen any since 'Forgotten' and would like to see what you have all been up to. :D

NaziSentry, I think you are dreaming a bit. Channel Ten has to be the largest TV network in Australia, and you are expecting them to give you a budget for an amateur film? If not, what are you doing on these forums, you'd obviously need to know a bit about professional film making, you know, with the budget from Channel Ten and all. No offence dude, but you gotta think practical, make a couple of simple dramas first or something before you move to the big audiences.

As for German helmets, buy an old cooking pot and spray paint it black or something... :lol: Papier Mache would do nicely actually.

I have sadly moved off interest of WWII movie making, but am looking into the development of a 21st century warfare game, or a WWII shooter. Personally, I think there is too many WWII games out on the shelves at the moment.

Hope to see all of your names on the big screen one day, and I'm sure most of you will.

Cheers, and have a happy new year.

Col.Sahb
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/buletz/proudmandownsig.jpg[/img]
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Hey,
Nice to hear from you again
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

where have you been hiding?
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Update-a-roosky! I got my Corcorans today! Sweet-a-la-honky! They're used so they were only $50 but I like 'em. Perfect for a late war reenactment or a Battle of the Bulge film, which works perfect! Pictorial.

Here's the m42 my friend got for Christmas, this is him wearing it.

Both of these shall be featured in my Battle of the Bulge short... uh, yes.
@seanbagley
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

Is that a 101st Airborne patch on his sleeve there? If so, why the 82nd leg ties? I know I wouldn't allow such inaccuracy in one of my movies.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Yeah! What is he trying to pull?! Jerk!
@seanbagley
montezumas_revenge

wow not funny... and dood must everything be about the airborne i think the regular army units did some fighting to.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Col.Sahb wrote:
NaziSentry, I think you are dreaming a bit. Channel Ten has to be the largest TV network in Australia, and you are expecting them to give you a budget for an amateur film? If not, what are you doing on these forums, you'd obviously need to know a bit about professional film making, you know, with the budget from Channel Ten and all. No offence dude, but you gotta think practical, make a couple of simple dramas first or something before you move to the big audiences.

Hope to see all of your names on the big screen one day, and I'm sure most of you will.

Col.Sahb
Well it's never to early to start, and so what if he knows a lot about filmmaking? That dosn't mean he shouldn't come here. If so, then that means the people who are here stink. I agree, one does need to think praticle, but starting simple dosn't have to be the answer. He should start with whatever he wants, and he will learn through that.

About that last comment, no matter how much i'd love to, I can't say that would ever be true..
Sigs suck a**.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Gyro, I think if you polish those boots a bit they'll look a lot better, looks like right now they're a bit splotchy.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Yes, nice boots. Good price at that.

Besides the 82nd ties in the photo, his trousers and jacket are reenforced like for a d-day reenactment, so that uniform really can't be used for pre d-day! After d-day, the soldiers did a lot of mix and matching. Only a true moron claims all the airborne uniforms were reenforced for d-day. Most the photos I've seen before the jump are not! :) Have fun!

So, Gyro, what do you think for a haversack?
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

montezumas_revenge wrote:wow not funny... and dood must everything be about the airborne i think the regular army units did some fighting to.
You think they did some fighting?! Nice buddy, pull out an encyclopedia and look up WWII, you'll find some interesting facts.
In anycase I agree with you Deady, I shall polish. I took this picture right when I took 'em out of the box. Uh, Epsilon, give me a more detailed price list for the haversacks. As long as we're on the topic, you said you had three ammo belts? Any of those for sell?
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Actually the belts aren't really for sale individually, they came with the We Were Soldiers sets and I would prefer keeping them all together as they came. You could buy a movie prop set from me, but I doubt you'd want to pay what I'd ask for 'em. I bought another reproduction cartridge belt, but right now someone else is buying it from me. I'm also selling a haversack to the guy.

I have a nice 1928 haversack alone if you want. It's been modified by it's original owner it appears. The front and back straps have been removed as to be worn like a backpack, very interesting. Maybe $35 or something like that for it.

I also have a 1928 haversack that is in somewhat poorer condition. The back straps have been replaced with a WW1 single strap I'm guessing at the soldier's preference. Comes with a 1910 pouch. Both have a number of repairs. I'd say... $20-25 nothing special.

Another thing I have is a nice WW1 1910 haversack and 1910 pouch I matched to it. Slightly fadey, but everything is nice and complete. I'd include a very nice 1918 dated tail carrier and leather strap to go with it. This is a cool set! Maybe $55-60 I would say.

It would take a lot to take my main haversack setup away from me though! Which is a 1928 haversack with 1928 meat can pouch and 1928 tail carrier. Attached with it right now is a 1945 dated mess kit with utensils, e-tool with cover and tie down, hatchet with cover, repro cartridge belt, canteen with cover and cup, first aid pouch with carlisle bandage tin, compass pouch (holding a dubbing can!), and a double ammo pouch. :D All, it's missing is a bayonet, half shelter, K rations, blanket, and a spare set of clothing! :(

Check this crazy price out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6501275125
WOW! :shock:

Hey Gyro, if you are interested, perhaps we could exchange items, like some things from that crazy helmet mountain! haha :D
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

why do you guys all focus on airborne units in the european theatre?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't said a thing about any any airborne unit. Haversacks we're mainly an infantry standard, the airborne used mussette backpacks for the most part.

Hey Gyro, I looked up those leg ties, and the 101st actually DID use them. haha
montezumas_revenge

Epsilon wrote:Yes, nice boots. Good price at that.

Besides the 82nd ties in the photo, his trousers and jacket are reenforced like for a d-day reenactment, so that uniform really can't be used for pre d-day! After d-day, the soldiers did a lot of mix and matching. Only a true moron claims all the airborne uniforms were reenforced for d-day. Most the photos I've seen before the jump are not! :) Have fun!

So, Gyro, what do you think for a haversack?
obviously you didnt catch my goddamn sarcasm :lolsign: