Anyone here done any documentarys????

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Bugalicious

Anyone here done any documentarys????

Post by Bugalicious »

Hey, just wondering if anyone on here has done any sort of serious documentary. Im thinking about doing something like it but unfortunatly theres nothing quite interesting around tassie...
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
dno

RE: Anyone here done any documentarys????

Post by dno »

Try thinking about about any local legends that could make interesting subject matter, or perhaps any unsolved crimes or mysterious murders etc.

I made a documentary about the murder of a woman in a local graveyard some years back and the true culprit still hasn't been found.

So I put a slight twist on it and put my own theory forward as to what could have happened based on the facts known about the case.

Things like unsolved crimes, infamous criminals, ghost stories and local urban myths always make good material for documentaries.

Tasmania must have something that you know about like that.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I did a documentary once on the danger of icicles. They're pretty deadly.
@seanbagley
Bugalicious

Post by Bugalicious »

well the only famous haunted place in tassie is port authur, which is about 5 hours away...
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

I completed a short doc, for college interviewing soldiers who have recently returned from Iraq. It was rogh but those that viewed it said it was good.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Why not do one on the long running tension between Man V.S Sheep in Tassie? Now that would be interesting …
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

I made a documentary about me and my friends kidnapping our other friend...it rocked cuz we help him ransom for a bacon pizza...his rents were pretty scared at first but soon realized it was us once we told them the ransom. (it was a success)
Bugalicious

Re: RE: Anyone here done any documentarys????

Post by Bugalicious »

pdj wrote:Why not do one on the long running tension between Man V.S Sheep in Tassie? Now that would be interesting …
man vs sheep? I have no quams with sheep
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Anyone here done any documentarys????

Post by pdj »

Sorry that's New Zeland...what about the tension between Brother Vs Sister in Tazzy?
Bugalicious

Post by Bugalicious »

well thats why most tasmanians carry around a copy of there family tree, just in case

(but some people are resorting to other methods coz theres is just getting too big)
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

I'm only stuffing around mate...as mentioned above; docos can be done on the simplest topics, situations, stories etc.
To give you an example, my relatives overseas wanted to see our bee keeping/honey extracting process so I grabbed my camera and followed my dad around for the day- From gassing the bees to filling the containers with honey. I dubbed running commentary over it with soft music in the background and there you have it-a short doco!
So just get out there and suss out what’s around you-maybe start looking through your viewfinder, things look more interesting through there-good luck
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

I got hired by a bloke to do a documentary on some board-game championship he runs each year (it's big in Poland aparrently) anyway it was 27 mins long, it rocked and he loved it but it was a lot of work! Come to think of it most documentaries shouldn't be that difficult...

I do documentaries on anything personally - now I've had one job I've found others! I'm now working on my School's prospectus DVD, the local conservative party's video and a video following the story of a local band from them coming together until their first gig (which has already been arranged) - for two of those I'm getting paid!

Not bad for a 16-year-old eh?

So yeah... you can make a documentary on pretty much anything! Just don't underestimate what you can do with your subject content!

Just a thought...
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

I'm doing a documentry right now about Wrestling, check it out in 'Member Films'. or go to (www.freewebs.com/upcomingmovie).
But yeah documentarys are great and quite easy to be honest. A great way to learn an editing program aswell, when making a documentary you probably end up using all the effects that the program has to offer, and as Caveman rightfully said, you can do anything with yout subject matter. If you have clips that might be cruicial, but seem boring, add some fast paced pumping music to keep the balls rolling so to speak. also plain black screen with facts about your Matter fading in and fading out works very well to 'Stone Roses-Fools gold', You'll see when you watch 'EWW:Hardcore Passion', good luck anyways.
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

currently im working on one for school, its called "The Stalker: The Prey" (working title), we've gotten some of it done, but we ran into a snag. Exspect is very soon
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

We crank out a half hour doco every week... Local original bands, each episode features one band, interviews, two videos shot live at a gig...
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Towels42

Post by Towels42 »

Why don't you make something up? It's more creative if it's all fiction!
"KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!"
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Dosent that defeat the object of a documentry?, Unless your making a Docu-Movie then thats a little diffrent, but a basic documentary is supposed to be non-fiction.
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
skywilson

Post by skywilson »

I have done a few not that great though .

some of the first work i did :D