Looking for a software editing feature.

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Spookmeister

Looking for a software editing feature.

Post by Spookmeister »

Hi folks.

Apologies if this isn't quite the right place for this enquiry.

This is my first post on this website and I'm hoping someone can help me with a feature that I'm looking for.

I have no idea what it is called - all I can do is describe it.

In the film "Bullet" and "Thomas Crown Affair" (and I'm sure many others too!) they used a multi shot/scene feature on a black background. That is what I'm looking for.

I am the proud father of an eight week old son and I want to cram many images into as small amount of time as possible (to put on media to send by post). I have always liked this effect but don't know what to ask for when buying the software.

Many thanks indeed.

Spook

PS I prefer to used Pinnacle (I'm used to many of the feature) and don't particularly want to spend a fortune. S.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Looking for a software editing feature.

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

If you want to make a wall of stils you can just use a photo program and import as an image. For video, you're gonna need software w/ several tracks. I would try this, it's free and you can always export and import into pinnacle. http://www.thugsatbay.com/tab/?q=zweistein

Congratulations on the baby by the way.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Spookmeister

Post by Spookmeister »

Thanks for the information. Have just downloaded it and given it a go. Not sure it is entirely what I was looking for though.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

S.
Adam

Post by Adam »

With something like Adobe premiere you can achieve this effect using a motion/size effect
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Studio 9 is pretty good, granted adobe premier is better, but my pc dosent like it, and frankly, I'm not gonna give in to 1 million pc crashes per 3 frames
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
StoreyTeller

Post by StoreyTeller »

Sir, congrats on the new kid. Download SONY VEGAS VIDEO 4 and use its faboulous features for a while free! VEGAS is a simply brilliant & stunning program you'll grow to love. it easily accompdates your needs, its as easy as having your footage, resizing it and placing it, (a bit like shrinking, move, paste!) it produces wonderful results easily. Enjoy.

Craig Storey
StoreyTeller Films
Dunedin New Zealand