WHY EVEN USE THIS!!!

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

WHY EVEN USE THIS!!!

Post by crb »

Just curious. People told me not to do bullet hits in Combustion, why even use this program? I know it works good with particles. Would it look good for ground squibs, or bullet hits off from trees or other solid objects. Or what about bullet hits to the screen like glass shoot off, etc. Does it do anything good like mist, rain, fog, or anything else?
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: WHY EVEN USE THIS!!!

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

You can do bullet hits in combustion, but it takes a real pro to make it look good, and most productions do the real thing rather than digital.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

doing it for real with explosives not only looks better, but is also about 100,000,000 times funner than doing it on your computer
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

BOOOOOM!!! I know what you mean recon, it is more fun. i cant remember who it was on here that did the whole electric match on a fire cracker, but i did it to a friend with a blood pack on his chest and it was really fun to do. (only problem was he duck taped bothe the pack and the little explosive to his actual chest, but then we also lit it instead of using an electric match.) He didnt even scream, but he had a lovely little burn on his chest. wow........i just realized i have total idiots for friends. I need to do a documentary on what would happen if i released them into the wild. lol thatd be funny.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

yeah, but still what else is the program good for beyound bullet hits. And would it matter with the hits if the blood is in color and everything is B&W?
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I don't have Combustion, though it is often compared with After Effects, which I do have. If they're similar, then Combustion should be a great tool for color correction and color keying. After Effects is a very powerful tool in the right hands. I often hear that Combustion is even more powerful than After Effects. If that is the case, more power to you.
Erm... yeah...