New short film, "Drop" online

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

joe

New short film, "Drop" online

Post by joe »

Hey everyone.

Some of you may or may not know, I used to have Noble Film as my filmmaking company. Due to some personal problems, me and my partner split up and decided to dissolve the company. Some of the films produced under that name were "Crimson Duel" and "Dead Rose."

Well, I've started a new company on my own now. It is called Lemonus Productions. I have made one official short under that name, entitled "Smokin' Irony." I am currently working on my first feature, due to be released in March sometime. It is called "Shatter." I'll be giving you all some details about the film and some screenshots probably within the next month or so. For right now, I am working on learning how to create a website. The website is http://www.lemonus.com. I'm hoping to have that up and running within the next month or so as well. So, bookmark it and check back for updates if you like. For now, I've decided to put a short up that I just completed as a school project. It is entitled "Drop."

It is the story of two friends that have the chance to know when they are going to die. Each one has to decide whether he wants to believe or not. Is the future written in stone, or can it be changed?

It's a pretty big file, around 24mb. So, I'd right click, save as. It's about 14 minutes long. It was sort of rushed as a lot of school projects are, and that's one of the reasons I didn't make this under the Lemonus name. I'd love any feedback about the film. Thanks for reading. Cheers.

http://www.lemonus.com/dropwebhi.wmv

Joe
Lemonus
sourceoferror

RE: New short film, "Drop" online

Post by sourceoferror »

this movie is definately different than any other member film i've seen. it was interesting to see how both people reacted to hearing they would die. it was ironic that the one who wanted to hear about his death ended up being the one to kill himself. i think the biggest strenghth of this movie was the emphasis on character development. it also had a well defined plot\storyline that wasn't focused on pure action like so many others. overall, great work, and i'm looking forward to seeing any future movies you make
cwf

Post by cwf »

really gd m8, thought the acting was great. BTW which 1 was u?
joe

Post by joe »

Thanks guys for the feedback. I played the guy that shot himself.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

That was cool, fun to watch.

Thanks
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

Great Movie, nice music selection, well thought of, and well put together, good job. I give it a hardcore 4 thumbs up.
"Prolly Just Film"
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

Nah, 24mb isn't big. Gyro's film "Forgotten" was like 80mb so I'd say you're quite a bit behind.

Also, I'm just about to watch the film.

EDIT:

Pretty cool movie :wink:

But the ending with the off-screen dialogue, I think that coulda been made better with the guy walking in slow-mo, well till he got to the road with the car. I also think that the dialogue coulda sounded more sad if he'd said it slower. One more thing, (my opinion) I didn't really like that music that went with it, it sounded kinda up-beat and "happy" to me. I think if it was slower that it woulda been better.

But over-all I liked it alright. :)
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
joe

Post by joe »

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you all know, my website, http://www.lemonus.com is up to date, so you should all go and check that out. There are a few short films and trailers, screenshots, etc. on there. I'd love feedback on any of the content or the site itself. I'm going to be updating the site quite often, so check back if you like. Thanks. -Joe
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Hey joe i liked the movie, man. I really liked it, it got my tears a rolin at the end. But i am a little lost about the girl. was that supposed to be his gf or did she cheat on him or what, i must know!!!!!!
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
joe

Post by joe »

hey. glad you liked it. thanks for the comment. i did regret not workign that storyline with the girl to make it easier to follow, but i had to cut a couple scenes cuz it had a deadline as it was a final for school. i'll take this chance to try and clarify soem things about this film. the girl was the the long haired guy's g/f. after his uncertainty about them being together in the future, she dumps him. which was one of the major themes in the film: you can't live in the future or the past or youll screw yourself. if there had to be a villain named, it would be the girl. the beginning montage is a summary of the whole movie to come: she controls his life (the 'drop' in the bottle), and dumps him into the endless sea of other people. but, instead of just a normal drop of water, he kills himself, which turns him into a drop of blood when it hits the water. whew, hope that clears up any questions anyone has. thanks for watching.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

that makes more sense. i really liked it. If i may ask what class did you have to do the film for? was it like a performance for the camera kind of thing? or was it a spectra kinda thing? For those of you who dont know what spectra is, its really smart kids that do films and spend the rest of the day at school putting in special effects and editing.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
joe

Post by joe »

it was actually just a survey of film class. all we did was watched movies and critiqued them. for the final, we were supposed to do a critique of several like themed films, but i just asked if i could make a movie instead. so, i really wanted to make this anyways, it just got me a grade as an extra pretty much.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

God i cant wait to get mine out and on the net. but one of the two im making takes place here in school. So i have to meet with my priciples and possibly my school board to get permission on a release to film here.
-"V" for Vendetta
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

I enjoyed that mate. A good, strong, character driven piece. Weldone.

I am looking forward to Shatter, the trailer looked good.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk