The problem with actors...

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

well that's the idea isn't it....
Grant

Post by Grant »

us directors and producers are much more decent people :P
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

But us directors and producers are very rarely good actors that is why we are directors and producers. I find that the hardist part is not getting them to do things but actually getting actors, I need a freeking casting agent thats what.
Grant

Post by Grant »

i was sent an email from a lady last week wanting to know if there were any parts for her in my upcoming productions and wanted to know if to go through my casting agent or hers :)
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

God, I completely despise actors! They're overrated, and get more credit than us, but yet, are necessary. Argh! I'm having trouble at the moment casting for my upcoming film. Damn actors! Damn them! Damn!
Grant

Post by Grant »

they are a necessary evil :)
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

That is the thing ...most people dont understand movie making and most of the time just say yeah well who cares ...well I do and I think that i need friends who will want to act.
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pan-modo_pictures »

Usually my friends won't even act, so for a film Im doing right now, Im trying to bribe them with little things like money. I don't think most peopel realize it's not just some dumb little video. Also the problem is that I can't write stuff with like 25 year olds and old guys, I have to keep it fairly young, which limits you alot. I think that's the only drawback with being a young filmmaker.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

BrownCowStudios wrote:Easier said than done, my friend...
True true Paul but you know around here how many people just volunteer to be in films, we go to a PA school for christ sake!
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I hate having to compet with "real productions" that my school is doing, that and I seem to run into all these actors who won't work with me because what I'm making is in their words "Filth." So since I wrote a profane script, I losue actors.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

thats not right, they either want to work with you or not. They have to have a love for your film a respect to be able to work on it. Find someone like that you have a real player.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

It's always just been my friends, if I had money, I'd pay some real actors to do it, but dont tell them
@seanbagley