HELP!! Replacing Video on A TV Screen

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

GrizzlyAdams

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

Well now I use a picture of an old TV that I got from google which looks pretty good. Just having a problem doing the zoom in effect thats about it.
"Look's Like She Cancelled Her Subscription to Life"-Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

well if your working at DV quality the picture will have to be pretty big to maintain the resolution when you scale it.
GrizzlyAdams

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

I dont know if you're getting it but I got a picture from google and I put in AE and using prerecorded footage that I have, I put it in the TV picture. I've done that but I can't do the zoom effect.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

dude i get it the problem is if you got an image off google that is like 800x600 or whatever i doubt you found one that big... when you do the zoom the image is going to loose its integrity...

to do the zoom "effect" goto effects>perspective>basic 3d
and use the distance from image attribute it will give you proper 3d distortion instead of just scaling... this is all basic stuff you should already know
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
GrizzlyAdams

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

Alright I see, well let me try it out and I'll update you guys on what happens. Thanks.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

best thing to do if you have any sort of image adjusting program is open it up in that and resize it to be a larger file like a higher resolution.
GrizzlyAdams

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

Thanks alot yes it did work with 3D Perspective effect. But one more question, how do I extend the clip because it seems the maximum AE can hold is 12 seconds of footage. Why? Another question how do I keep the footage in the TV image without adjusting it? Thanks alot guys.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

uhh you have to adjust the composition duration (very Basic)

your other question i reccomend you use a technique compositors develop called nesting... if you put your footage and tv together in one composition then use another to scale the comp1 as a whole you wont need to adjust it will you?
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
GrizzlyAdams

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

thanks I'm sorry but I'm relatively new to AE the only other thing I did in AE were Gun flashes
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

yeah we all were there once i remember those days :)
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

well i suggest you do as many after effects tutorials you can find before you try and start asking how other things are done... once you know the program well enough you wont need to ask unless it is something you cant work out
naflish

Post by naflish »

how to actually replace the tracked motion to the video i want?? i've search everywher in AE 6.5 and can't figure it out!.. please someone help me step by step.. or if u know good tutorial for newbie..it will be a great help..
thanx!..
}}}{{{{
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

aaronv2 wrote:make sure you use a proper perspecive plugin to do the scaling or else it will just look like a cheap zoom which looks very unatural and cg.

if you just leave the tv off it should be nice and black... placing small white X's made with tape on each corner of the screen you can track each X of the corner and use them to transform video footage or whatever in the same perspective... with a higher than normal matte with some feather it could look totally real...
goto google and look up corner pin motion tracking and just use the technique i said above to get good track points or triangles work even better when you learn the motion tracking from some tutorials youll know how big and everything and it will be easy
GrizzlyAdams

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

ok well I'm finished with 1:44 of the video, just about 3 minutes more and I'm done. THanks for the Perspective effect idea it really worked well. THANKS SO MUCH! I wish I can put what I have done but seems I don't know how.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

you are welcome