My selmade free CGI Stock Footage!

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

MacMave

My selmade free CGI Stock Footage!

Post by MacMave »

Hi Guys, greetings from Germany!

I made some new Stock Footage for free Download. It´s made with several Software like Cinema4D and Particle Illusion.
You can download ist here:

http://www.macmave-studios.de/html/stock_footage.html

You can use it free for comercial or non-comercial Projects.
The Site is in german but I think you find out what it is and how to download!

Let me know what you think about it!

Best wishes,

Marc
Grant

RE: My selmade free CGI Stock Footage!

Post by Grant »

nice job and thanks for the helping hand
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

wow that's some pretty cool stuff, howd you make the blood footage look as good as that clip you have (the guys head blowing up)?
MacMave

Post by MacMave »

Well, the short Flash Clip with be guy loosing his head is alle made with this Stock Footage avaiable on my Homepage. I used After Effects to make the blood footage a little faster, make them smaler and lay the Footage a few times in different angles above each other.
Just try a little bit, change the colors with the "curves" and try to resize it for the footage. The clip is used in my Film "Cyborg Command" which will be ready in December.
Again sorry for my bad english, i had english in school 15 years ago....

Thanks for your comments! There is more footage to come!

Marc
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

sweet, yeah ive been messin around with the stock footage you have, trying to achieve that look.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

sweet stuff, stealing...

i'd love to know how you made them but not matter how much i try i can never make any for myself, never, good job there's people like you out there
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

hey MacMave, do you think you can do a blood effect where its blood splatting onto the screen?
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

he didnt make most of them i can see about 20 presets from particle illusion. i dont see why you need to download muzzle flash footage when all you need is an image anyway.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Exactly. Also the blood moves too slow, and its too big and too thick, and if u scaled it down u would get a cropped box effect.
Hide or fight for your life?
MacMave

Post by MacMave »

@ Rhys: Just use After Effects, stretch it, use the Frame Blending Method and the Time Remapping. Thats it! Well you have to work a little bit. It`s not that kind of "Just klick in" Effect.
Jeah, some PI Presets, if you just want to use the One Image Muzzle Flashs, you can download them too there.

@ Vor: Yes, i think i can do that. Will take some time but i will try to make that kind of Blood!
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

that's almost what the www.videocopilot.net offers..
just this is for free.. tho' VideoCoPilot serve highquality ;D (not saying you dont)
www.Systrickz.com (stunts, tricks, martial arts, flips + little effects in some vids)
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Hey, it's free stuff...can't be picky when it comes down to something you don't have to pay for :).
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Yeah, I thought some of that was rather impressive. That second explosion looks very nice. It may use particle effects but rather than spending a long time trying to make one yourself, this saves a lot of time, so thank you MacMave and good work.
MacMave

Post by MacMave »

Thanks to all. Is my first try to make those stock footage. I think i will learn more while i`m trying - learning by doing. There will be more an better Footage soon so keep an eye on it.

@ctbullet: Explosions are made with Particle illusion. The first one was a try with 3DS MAX (still lerning MAX). The Muzzle Flash Footage is made with PI, too and the One Frame Flash Pictures are made with Photoshop. The Blood is made with Fluid Simulation (Realflow) and Cinema4D.
Perry

Post by Perry »

Hi

The footage is great, but I am having trouble keying this in Pinnacle Studio 9. If I use black as the key colour I can get the sparks etc to overlay, but they are too transparant - i.e. I can't get the transparancy balance correct. I have been using blue/green screen with no problems so far

Any ideas?
aitec

Post by aitec »

Sweeet! :D thank you very much :D
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I liked the muzzle flashes and blood effects, but the smoke and some explosions looked like they were in the particle generator section of Apple's "Motion".