Stunt Dummy

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

CORPSE GRINDER

Stunt Dummy

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

I want to get hit by a car in my movie and use a dummy.

First of all, I've made dummies in the past and they've looked alright. So any tips though on how I should make him?

Second of all, how should I make the hit look realistic? Should it be filmed from inside the car, from the sidewalk, from really close to the car in the street? How should the transition go about when it goes from real me to dummy me? Like how close should I let the real car get to me before we cut it and go to dummy?
"This is when I saw the dark figures moving about in the woods. I should have never tampered with the 'Book Of The Dead.' I now know that whatever it is I have resurrected through this book, is coming for me."

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

As long as you don't want him to splat or anything, and it wouldn't suprise me coming from you. I did a car hit once and we hit a real person, granted the take that was usable was cr**, but one rehersal it was sweet. Drive slow, and have the victon throw themselves on the car, and then lay there or roll off, all at very slow motion from the car, then seed it up in post. Thats what we had planed to do, but our Mac craped out.
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

use a dummy... and dont nessesarily film it from the back where the face is visible... if youv seen haggard by bam margera you will know what i mean rake yohn gets hit by a car... ill try and find a clip
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~corkill/aaronv2/oldsite/temp/v2banner.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.aaronv2.vze.com/[/url]
GITPF

Post by GITPF »

there was a sene in identity when this lady was changing the tire to her car and the camera was inside the car and she was on the outside..this out of no where she was hit...very effective..very scary
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Who hit her? I won't sleep tonight not knowing!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Riggzy

Post by Riggzy »

dynamic and interesting angles are good...try the drivers point of view, you know, so you see the drivers arms n such? have any of you seen that "THINK! Don't speed." advert? with that guy with a basketball getting hit? thats just cool

[Edited on 26-9-2003 by Riggzy]
[url=http://www.loosestscrew.tk]Loosest Screw Productions[/url]
TommyPollock

Post by TommyPollock »

That scene in Identity was awesome. What a shock! What a storyline! What a movie! Who directed it? Knight them! Make them king!
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

im going to have to see that movie. i've heard good things about it.
Peter Cote
Founder of Breakout Films

[img]http://i07.thefacebook.com/pics/3/0/n11400374_4237.jpg[/img]
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

That was a great movie. Killer plot twists. It keeps you so intrigued.
"This is when I saw the dark figures moving about in the woods. I should have never tampered with the 'Book Of The Dead.' I now know that whatever it is I have resurrected through this book, is coming for me."

--The Evil Dead
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

i have heard so many good things about that movie. it looks great.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

For the car hit shot, I would have it written like this: (Realize that I assumed it was night, and his headlights were on)

Shot of: Car, from sidewalk, driving down the street.
Cut To: You, walking into the street.
Cut to: Inside the car, passenger seat, you can just start to make out that theres a person in the street when
Cut to: Right behind you. You are silloueted by the cars headlamps.
Cut to: (This is where the dummy comes in) Side angle, at about waist height, car slamms into "you"
Cut to: Behind car, you are left battered and bloody. car drives off.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

not a bad setup

--The Evil Dead
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Thats what I'm reay talented at. It comes with watching way to many movies, combined with being really good at visualizing things
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.